Borneo motor cut sales staff comm

(edited)

Well, as part of work, the team I work with are piloting/testing online car buying (on a slightly smaller scale), via short time-limited offers for mgmt/demo/promotional cars. It's not a full online car buying thing, rather, because these type of cars are more "sought after" by bargain hunters as SG buyers are mostly affectede by $$$, we allow buyers to booking these cars online once the sale event starts. Buyers will then have to go down to the showroom the day after to confirm their purchase with a SE so it's not a fully automated process (yet). If buyers choose not to buy, their booking fee paid online will be fully refunded.

Hopefully one day, this can be extended to new cars. As for full online buying/payment, I think it's too early to be implemented properly and done well to ensure a overall positive and seamless experience.

Am open to hearing what everyone else thinks about buying cars online.

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Well, as part of work, the team I work with are piloting/testing online car buying (on a slightly smaller scale), via short time-limited offers for mgmt/demo/promotional cars. It's not a full online car buying thing, rather, because these type of cars are more "sought after" by bargain hunters as SG buyers are mostly affectede by $$$, we allow buyers to booking these cars online once the sale event starts. Buyers will then have to go down to the showroom the day after to confirm their purchase with a SE so it's not a fully automated process (yet). If buyers choose not to buy, their booking fee paid online will be fully refunded.

Hopefully one day, this can be extended to new cars. As for full online buying/payment, I think it's too early to be implemented properly and done well to ensure a overall positive and seamless experience.

best can buy online and pay by credit card installment like big electronic stalls.

3-5 years instalment interest free, mai tu liao. 

i confirm buy new car and use the accumulated points to miles and fly.

disclaimer: provided coe doesnt shoot through the roof to 100k. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Possible. For starters, can target those who can self bid COE. No trade in car. No need loan. No need SE to service. Online deal $3k off. I buy tmr

Supersonic
(edited)

Ppl think u collecting LS haha

I donât think you own one though

Maybe the SE so noob that they think his ferrari is just a lotus lol

Haha never owned a Lexus before. I was invited to some private sales event but never bothered to rsvp.

No lah my SE was not a bad or clueless chap. I'm sure he recognised it. No biggie lah, lots of Ferraris around. If Lotus (Elise) means more attention because they'll need to call a fire engine to cut me out... if I fit inside in the first place. The Elan we had before was more comfortable.

And bro, don't bother with this Roger troll clone. I don't. He's like a meaningless gnat buzzing around here. Do lions concern themselves with gnats?

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Haha never owned a Lexus before. I was invited to some private sales event but never bothered to rsvp.

No lah my SE was not a bad or clueless chap. I'm sure he recognised it. No biggie lah, lots of Ferraris around. If Lotus (Elise) means more attention because they'll need to call a fire engine to cut me out... if I fit inside in the first place. The Elan we had before was more comfortable.

And bro, don't bother with this Roger troll clone. I don't. He's like a meaningless gnat buzzing around here. Do lions concern themselves with gnats? ð

Have I offended you in anyway?

Edited by RogerNg_185295

Supersonic

Have I offended you in anyway?

Didn't you direct your little jibe doubting my ownership at me?

(edited)

Didn't you direct your little jibe doubting my ownership at me?

It's just a question. If you own a Ferrari, then so be it. Just be Frank. No one is doubting your ability.

And no need be so defensive.

Edited by RogerNg_185295
  • Dislike 2

Supersonic
(edited)

It's just a question. If you own a Ferrari, then so be it. Just be Frank. No one is doubting your ability.

You're just not worth dealing with, as I originally surmised.

Welcome to my ignore list, troll.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

(edited)

You really think he own a super car?

[rolleyes]

Possible. For starters, can target those who can self bid COE. No trade in car. No need loan. No need SE to service. Online deal $3k off. I buy tmr

Self bid COE-ers are like a super super tiny percentage of buyers. But is an interesting thought. 

Edited by Mockngbrd

Twincharged
(edited)

best can buy online and pay by credit card installment like big electronic stalls.

3-5 years instalment interest free, mai tu liao. 

i confirm buy new car and use the accumulated points to miles and fly.

disclaimer: provided coe doesnt shoot through the roof to 100k. 

apparently no miles points if paying with interest free instalments. i asked before.  [mad]

so no instalments if want those miles points.

Edited by sake
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

i like this. same with self pump petrol will be cheaper. this is case in the US.

Not mclaren meh?

Every year change car from M5, F430, mclaren

And next will be chiron :D

And bro, don't bother with this Roger troll clone. I don't. He's like a meaningless gnat buzzing around here. Do lions concern themselves with gnats? ð

Haha just joking with the lotus...

I went few times to borneo, hardly any SE comes up to serve me. But if go the other side lexus, the SE pay much more attention and will definitely be happy to assist u.

Go toyota buy car is like asking THG for daytona

• Praise 1

nowadays when I need information on a car, I just go youtube see CARWOW

cause I like the presentation of this guy Mat Watson, funny chap

Or go to Taiwanese Channel see a show call ''dream 57"

I agree nowadays buyers can be more knowledgeable than SE

At least for me, the last 2 cars I bought, I had more knowledge of the car I was buying than them

• Praise 1

(edited)

nowadays when I need information on a car, I just go youtube see CARWOW

cause I like the presentation of this guy Mat Watson, funny chap

Or go to Taiwanese Channel see a show call ''dream 57"

I agree nowadays buyers can be more knowledgeable than SE

At least for me, the last 2 cars I bought, I had more knowledge of the car I was buying than them

That's cos you are someone with an interest in cars, but a big part of buyers (esp. for Toyota) are prob those uncle/aunty drivers who don't care and just want to replace their old cars with a shiny new one. Don't care about specs, just got space, got discount, got freebie, got boot, got beige colour. Ok go. 

My GF mom had 2 Toyotas previously, first was an Altis, then when time came to replace (with new VIOS), just go showroom find her regular SE, choose colour, sign liao. Never even test drive car. But yes, the SE was so busy running around and all he did was give papers to sign. 

When time came to replace the VIOS, we helped her do the shopping and eventually steered her towards a Jazz instead. (Same thing, go in, see see look look, choose colour, sign papers. No test drive.) MIJ Jazz vs MIT Vios no brainer. 

Edited by Mockngbrd

Supercharged

i'm still waiting for the day we can buy new car through online configurator, with all options available.

options available locally is just sooo sad for most brands.

i'm still waiting for the day we can buy new car through online configurator, with all options available.

options available locally is just sooo sad for most brands.

Doubt that will happen as most local dealers will bring in cars that have already been "pre-configured" since our market so tiny. 

• Praise 1

Doubt that will happen as most local dealers will bring in cars that have already been "pre-configured" since our market so tiny. 

Yes, pre-configured and try to do the add-ons or options locally to save or lower the OMV

which in turn lowers the ARF and Duties Tax

but charge the buyer at a higher margin Gao Gao

haha

↡ Advertisement