Borneo motor cut sales staff comm

That's cos you are someone with an interest in cars, but a big part of buyers (esp. for Toyota) are prob those uncle/aunty drivers who don't care and just want to replace their old cars with a shiny new one. Don't care about specs, just got space, got discount, got freebie, got boot, got beige colour. Ok go.

My GF mom had 2 Toyotas previously, first was an Altis, then when time came to replace (with new VIOS), just go showroom find her regular SE, choose colour, sign liao. Never even test drive car. But yes, the SE was so busy running around and all he did was give papers to sign.

When time came to replace the VIOS, we helped her do the shopping and eventually steered her towards a Jazz instead. (Same thing, go in, see see look look, choose colour, sign papers. No test drive.) MIJ Jazz vs MIT Vios no brainer.

I got 15 dislike for say most toyota buyers know nothing abt cars.

Very unfair. Lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Dislike 4

Supersonic

I got 15 dislike for say most toyota buyers know nothing abt cars.

Very unfair. Lol

only 15? count your lady luck.

such general statement is like offending many father/uncle/grand parent as well.

in fact my father in law is a staunch toyota supporter since early 70s. I reckon he know more about car than you do. period.

I won't dare to make such generalising statement.

• Praise 6

only 15? count your lady luck.

such general statement is like offending many father/uncle/grand parent as well.

in fact my father in law is a staunch toyota supporter since early 70s. I reckon he know more about car than you do. period.

I won't dare to make such generalising statement.

U make it sound like toyota is real cars for uncle n ah pek

Hypersonic

Honestly, I don't wish to "out" him. But he's one of the chaps (like @Porker) who, if you met him in real life after only seeing his posts here, you wouldn't recognise him at all, personality-wise. [laugh]

wah ... very confusing leh

you mean irl mock is a pap supporter and porker is not gay?

Supersonic

They mostly go for quick sale of popular models like Altis, Camry, ... last time I went to ask for less common model that is not regularly stocked, really can see the SE's face change 180° [laugh]

That's not far from the truth actually

Hv a fren who is a Toyota loyalist. His first car was Corolla. Then replaced w another corolla. Got promoted. So upgrade to 2L Camry. Then after many years, upgrade to 2.5L Camry. Hosay liao

But he kpkb 2.5L road tax high n ask me how come conti can come up w 1.6L or 1.8L turbo n pay low road tax but Toyota cannot. I asked him back why he keep buying Toyota then. He say coz reliable, simple n he don't trust all these new engine technology. Told him he just answered his own question.....lol

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Hv a fren who is a Toyota loyalist. His first car was Corolla. Then replaced w another corolla. Got promoted. So upgrade to 2L Camry. Then after many years, upgrade to 2.5L Camry. Hosay liao

But he kpkb 2.5L road tax high n ask me how come conti can come up w 1.6L or 1.8L turbo n pay low road tax but Toyota cannot. I asked him back why he keep buying Toyota then. He say coz reliable, simple n he don't trust all these new engine technology. Told him he just answered his own question.....lol

I believe there are many such people around la, only buy toyota cars in the entire of their life. Lol.
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

again I say..you are here because you know about cars review and youtube.

there are people around not so IT savvy.

do spare a thought for this group of people.

there are people still don't understand guarantee and non guarantee coe.

Fair to the SE they are there to assist on you purchase not acting as information portal. How can a SE knowledge compare with global automobile review program.

I appreciate SE present same like I hate talking to a machine over the tel con.

If u put cost savings of 5 to 10K, you see the accelerated speed of learning for buying cars liao .

Once pressure kicks in, even aunties who never use GRAB or UBER becomes very intuitive with the smart phone app.

I checked it out. The prices there same as showroom price. Waste tine half hearted approach

the idea is to evolved , not revolutionised

Else you have a huge worker problem on your hands. 

• Praise 2

Supersonic

wah ... very confusing leh

you mean irl mock is a pap supporter and porker is not gay?

ðð

I wouldn't go that far. :D
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

If you follow the rebirth of the Supra, your fren is not wrong. The toyota engineers had to practically blueprint everything from the 3.0T engine to make it "toyota" reliable.

Supersonic

If you follow the rebirth of the Supra, your fren is not wrong. The toyota engineers had to practically blueprint everything from the 3.0T engine to make it "toyota" reliable.

Don't tink he even know what is a Supra...

...or a 86 or even a Rav4. Lol

Supersonic
(edited)

Don't tink he even know what is a Supra...

...or a 86 or even a Rav4. Lol

And that says a lot about many bread and butter make loyalists. There is nothing to get insulted about if it's quite true.

In contrast, I would be amazed if there were a single Porsche, Ferrari, McLaren or Lamborghini buyer who didn't know the ins and outs of the most common modern models.

The same holds true for those who would buy a BMW M or a Merc AMG (but maybe not the lower end models of the same marques).

We're not talking about the niche buyers of the GT86 or Supra. Or the NSX or CTR or ITR. Or the GTR. Or now, with the rise of the Koreans, those who would look at a Stinger GT or an i30N. And so on and so forth. And it's also true that car enthusiasts may buy the bread and butter models as family or wifey cars. But by and large the ones who opt to buy the popular bread and butter models of the popular bread and butter makes are *not* performance enthusiasts. I don't see why any of this is dislike worthy.

And now I'm bracing for impact.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

And that says a lot about many bread and butter make loyalists. There is nothing to get insulted about if it's quite true.

In contrast, I would be amazed if there were a single Porsche, Ferrari, McLaren or Lamborghini buyer who didn't know the ins and outs of the most common modern models.

The same holds true for those who would buy a BMW M or a Merc AMG (but maybe not the lower end models of the same marques).

We're not talking about the niche buyers of the GT86 or Supra. Or the NSX or CTR or ITR. Or the GTR. Or now, with the rise of the Koreans, those who would look at a Stinger GT or an i30N. And so on and so forth. And it's also true that car enthusiasts may buy the bread and butter models as family or wifey cars. But by and large the ones who opt to buy the popular bread and butter models of the popular bread and butter makes are *not* performance enthusiasts. I don't see why any of this is dislike worthy.

And now I'm bracing for impact. ððð

Why some ppl onli buy Toyota their whole life, i can sorta understand lah. To them, a car is a white goods appliance

Just like when i buy a rice cooker, i onli buy National or Panasonic. My parents onli bought National. Will never buy Philips, Tiger or Tefal. Coz it's an appliance, don't need to understand how it works nor hv any feelings about it. Switch it on, does the job everytime, nothing to get excited or disappointed. Consume and forget

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 6

Turbocharged

Wait pap say you fakenews

Will I be sent to jail?  :wacko:

I have seen countless times at Singapore customs, whereby the Mercedes and BMW driver don't know where is the latch to open the bonnet for inspection.  :blink:

• Praise 1

It's just a question. If you own a Ferrari, then so be it. Just be Frank. No one is doubting your ability.

And no need be so defensive.

Frankly, even if u dun post or speak, no one here will label u as a dumb dog which is eh gao in hokkien & 哑巴 in mandarin. Go ahead with a known dislike. I dun hv points fetish here but definitely has fetish seeing many like or praise my blunt reply to u. One dislike fr u in exchange for so many likes is definitely more worth than anything else.
  • Praise 12

Frankly, even if u dun post or speak, no one here will label u as a dumb dog which is eh gao in hokkien & åå·´ in mandarin. Go ahead with a known dislike. I dun hv points fetish here but definitely has fetish seeing many like or praise my blunt reply to u. One dislike fr u in exchange for so many likes is definitely more worth than anything else.

Ok. Whatever makes our doggy happy. Just post whatever you think you are happy with
  • Dislike 1

Supersonic

Why some ppl onli buy Toyota their whole life, i can sorta understand lah. To them, a car is a white goods appliance

Just like when i buy a rice cooker, i onli buy National or Panasonic. My parents onli bought National. Will never buy Philips, Tiger or Tefal. Coz it's an appliance, don't need to understand how it works nor hv any feelings about it. Switch it on, does the job everytime, nothing to get excited or disappointed. Consume and forget

Yes, you hit the nail on the head. If I'm buying a stand fan, I just for cheap crap like the generic Giant one. All the branded stuff also breaks down after a while and the air flow may not even be as good. And to some, cars may be exactly as generic and fungible.

Will I be sent to jail? :wacko:

I have seen countless times at Singapore customs, whereby the Mercedes and BMW driver don't know where is the latch to open the bonnet for inspection. :blink:

Lol. Yeah sometimes a bit confusing. You got to pull the lever twice etc.
↡ Advertisement