New housing rules from 10 May 2019

therock

Turbocharged

Can, but unlike the past, you cannot use 100% cpf since the age + lease left is not equal to 95.

Basically, with this new ruling, they encourage young buyers to buy newer flats and old people to buy old flats.

Which means the old flats will lose some demand from younger crowd.

The past also cannot use fully, for those remaining lease 59 years and below. Now this has been simplified to allow buyers of older homes to use more CPF, so long as the lease can cover the home-owners until they are at least 95 years old. This will provide more flexibility to buy a home.

post-7510-0-21152100-1557454062_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic
(edited)

be like me peasant storeman....buy 1 hdb from ah gong direct and stay for life

no headaches, no complications

simple minded....though some would say sampart gong kia

[:)] 

Edited by Enye
  • Praise 3

wah $150K hdb stay for life, no wonder cpf got million by now ($700K was 4 years ago)   [laugh]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

wah $150K hdb stay for life, no wonder cpf got million by now ($700K was 4 years ago)   [laugh]

if i did not remember wrongly, it was cash under pillow, not CPF   :grin:

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

The past also cannot use fully, for those remaining lease 59 years and below. Now this has been simplified to allow buyers of older homes to use more CPF, so long as the lease can cover the home-owners until they are at least 95 years old. This will provide more flexibility to buy a home.

It is a double edge sword. Older buyers can now use more of their cpf to buy older homes because it will surely cover them until 95.

But for younger buyers, they can't use 100% cpf for older homes now. For example, say a unit age 35 years old (64 years lease left). In the past, for this unit, anyone can use 100% of cpf to buy.  Now, if a buyer age is 30 or younger, he cannot utilize 100% cpf to buy this home since it will not cover him till 95.

The news on TV keep harping on older buyers can use more cpf now to buy older homes ( especially if less than 60 years lease)  but they never say much on the younger buyers.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 1

It is a double edge sword. Older buyers can now use more of their cpf to buy older homes because it will surely cover them until 95.

But for younger buyers, they can't use 100% cpf for older homes now. For example, say a unit age 35 years old (64 years lease left). In the past, for this unit, anyone can use 100% of cpf to buy. Now, if a buyer age is 30 or younger, he cannot utilize 100% cpf to buy this home since it will not cover him till 95.

The news on TV keep harping on older buyers can use more cpf now to buy older homes ( especially if less than 60 years lease) but they never say much on the younger buyers.

$50k for 3 room with 30 yrs lease i take.....

Turbocharged
(edited)

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/new-cpf-hdb-rules-may-help-slow-depreciation-ageing-flats-analysts

Yeah, we all know that the older flats now can be purchase by older people using more cpf than in the past.

But the limit on the younger buyers are mostly not highlighted. 

And quote like the below while correct is quite meaningless:

"Mr Nicholas Mak, executive director of real estate investment firm ZACD Group, said that before the changes, buyers had to use cash if they wanted to buy property with 30 years of lease left. This resulted in property owners lowering the value of their property to incentivise buyers."

First of all,  the oldest HDBs are 52 years old or 47 years lease left. Which are the ones that are left with 30 years lease that could benefit from this new rule? Moving the no cpf use from 30 lease left to 20 years lease left sounded good, but I don't think there are many  30 years lease left properties around. 

Edited by Icedbs

Twincharged

老天爱笨小孩。

• Praise 1

Bro..where to find 3rm with 30 years lease left? Meaning the flat is 69 years old. Singapore is only 54 years old leh.

hahaha......in the future lor......

my fil lives at the point block off Boon Keng......most of the terrace house are being rented out to foreign workers.......if walk across the area i dont really feel safe especially at night.

Don't count the future. They can snap some infinity stones and things will get dusted or change again. [laugh]

Question is, when the time comes, who can tell if the rule still remains?

hahaha.......I AM .....IRON MAN!

Yup....from how they are rolling this dish i am afraid they will just do that. Now i regret not selling my unit and cashing out at the earliest instance.....i am the original lesse and my flat is 23 years old.......but worse come to worse i will just rent out the unit when i am older.....

by the way its is maissonette.....ððð

Only 23 yrs ? That is still young fleet.

Anything w 70 lease will still be in good position.

• Praise 2

I don't understand the new rule. very confusing. Means i will huat or not huat?

you will huat.

go buy 4d..9595. sure open