Dyson revs up hiring spree for Singapore electric car plant

kykh

Unless electric cars can be charged full within minutes. I don't think many will buy electric cars due to need to wait very long time to get fully charged.

There is actually another technology which is using clean energy cars, which is hydrogen cars. These cars is able to charge up full within minutes. Just like going to petrol station, but instead of pump petrol, the car pump in hydrogen instead. Wonder why it does not took off that well as compared to electric cars.

Maybe it's because of the name tesla, if tesla invested in hydrogen cars, now we maybe keep hearing hydrogen cars instead of electric cars.

Hydrogen is a very unstable gas, hence it can produce a lot of energy. When things are going well, hydrogen is amazing.

When an accident happen, just one accident, it may wipe out the entire gas station.

If you need an analogy, think of bitcoin.

↡ Advertisement

Hydrogen is a very unstable gas, hence it can produce a lot of energy. When things are going well, hydrogen is amazing.

When an accident happen, just one accident, it may wipe out the entire gas station.

Hydrogen is no more dangerous than a tank of petrol. The gas dissipates into atmosphere the moment it's released.

I too believe hydrogen fuel cell car is the future, just that the technology and hydrogen production is too expensive now. EV is just the interim stop gap.

When I think of hydrogen, the image of the Zeppelin Disaster comes to mind. 

Wah, no need to pay for import taxes to buy their cars.  [laugh]

I'm sure by now our authorities are well-versed in the art of creating some other alternative form of taxation.

• Praise 1

i can never buy EV at least for the next 10-15 years

those who cheong msia at least once a month or once every 2 months, how?

not talking about Woodland <> JB pump petrol trip hor ... [laugh]

Edited by Wt_know

When I think of hydrogen, the image of the Zeppelin Disaster comes to mind.

I'm sure by now our authorities are well-versed in the art of creating some other alternative form of taxation.

New tax name coming up "Electric tax"

2in1 car, clean the roads as you drive, what an innovative idea!

Tink we oredi hv Dyson vehicles on Sg roads:

post-1105-0-63399700-1540343669_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 4

Supercharged

Not driverless, right? MOT, LTA and the insurance body have clarified the accident liability bit: If you langah by driverless car, who's liable? Manufacturer? Would driverless car know how to siam dog on the road, compensate for slower elderly people, do discretionary right turns, or handle jiuhu bikers?  How to drive to Malaysia?  [:p]

Does Singapore have the experience, expertise and economy of scale to produce cars?? Our South East Asia neighbours produce in total about 4million vehicles in 365 days last year. Dyson should have invest in Thailand instead, the Detroit of SEA with many years of experience and skilled workers.

Singapore ITE got automotive course, but Iâve never encounter any Singaporean mechanics in my years of car ownership. Hard truth.

We going for high end exclusive.

No mass market low end.

No need volume.

:D

Turbocharged

Some old man from Malaysia is going to be very angry now. ð¤£

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018/09/24/dr-m-inventor-dyson-keen-to-bring-new-investments-into-malaysia/

Merely a month ago, Mahathir went to UK for a visit. Expecting more investment from Dyson himself. But alas, say open plant in Singapore instead. Bear in mind that Dyson already have their factory in Johor. And Malaysia also assemble most of the vehicles sold there (complete knocked down CKD).

Unless electric cars can be charged full within minutes. I don't think many will buy electric cars due to need to wait very long time to get fully charged.

There is actually another technology which is using clean energy cars, which is hydrogen cars. These cars is able to charge up full within minutes. Just like going to petrol station, but instead of pump petrol, the car pump in hydrogen instead. Wonder why it does not took off that well as compared to electric cars.

Maybe it's because of the name tesla, if tesla invested in hydrogen cars, now we maybe keep hearing hydrogen cars instead of electric cars.

Toyota now is working on hydrogen fuel cars.

Once the technology gets more cost effective and efficient in running, it will be introduced to the mass market.

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018/09/24/dr-m-inventor-dyson-keen-to-bring-new-investments-into-malaysia/

Merely a month ago, Mahathir went to UK for a visit. Expecting more investment from Dyson himself. But alas, say open plant in Singapore instead. Bear in mind that Dyson already have their factory in Johor. And Malaysia also assemble most of the vehicles sold there (complete knocked down CKD).

Crooked doc go around saying this fella corrupt lah, that fella corrupt lah, country boh lui lah, no need to honour signed agreements lah, etc....Investor hear oso siam ah

Its a good idea.. But are you willing to empty the vacuum bag every time you alight from their cars? :XD:

Dyson sucks without bags...

Hopefully they have advanced tech to convert that trash into electrical energy as well!

Crooked doc go around saying this fella corrupt lah, that fella corrupt lah, country boh lui lah, no need to honour signed agreements lah, etc....Investor hear oso siam ah

Exactly. I wouldn't go into a partnership with a friend like that for sure.

With medical science, taxes will be more certain than death.

post-158018-0-21476400-1540350281.png

Dyson sucks without bags...

Hopefully they have advanced tech to convert that trash into electrical energy as well!

But still need to empty the debris somewhere wor. :slow: . To convert those trash into electrical energy would require combustion right? Later buttocks kenna burnt jialat jialat.. hehehe.. [bounce1]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2