• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
22 replies to this topic | 20 praises

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:15 PM

Zxcvb
  • Zxcvb
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

https://www.thestar....-now-an-option/

https://www.thestar....ew-tint-ruling/

This Malaysian car reviewer explained it logically. I wonder if these jiuhu vehicles were to come across here to SG. So how would our LTA response to this?

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:23 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Why is he filming and driving at the same time as if it's a car review. His English is horrible.

Anyway no diff between MY and local car with regards to window film.

Many locals now put this lame looking put on shade in the front 2 Windows which to me is dangerous.
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:28 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Many locals now put this lame looking put on shade in the front 2 Windows which to me is dangerous.

I agree, I drove a "courtesy" car 2 months back which had this shades. I felt uncomfortable with regards to visibility. Or maybe I'm just not used to them

"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:32 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I agree, I drove a "courtesy" car 2 months back which had this shades. I felt uncomfortable with regards to visibility. Or maybe I'm just not used to them

Well bro for me the issue is I need to see where the other drivers' vision is when I drive. Is he looking in my direction or somewhere else.....

But alas many chose to hide behind it.
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 12 May 2019 - 01:14 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I am one of those that put these front shades (after failing inspection for over tinted front windows!). Helps in reducing the sunlight falling onto my arms. You will get used to them.

Once the shades flew off onto the road when I wound down the windows! Luckily traffic was light and I could u turn to pick them up.

Posted 12 May 2019 - 02:41 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I don't install also, would prefer the visibility all around. 

Edited by Dafansu, 12 May 2019 - 02:42 PM.

Posted 12 May 2019 - 02:46 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This Malaysian car reviewer explained it logically. I wonder if these jiuhu vehicles were to come across here to SG. So how would our LTA response to this?

Must pay RM5000 for permit....every 2 yrs

U want ah?

Edited by Soya, 12 May 2019 - 02:48 PM.

Posted 12 May 2019 - 02:55 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Told you this Loke guy is our good fren!!! Let them tint as dark as possible..... then come SIN.... we summon as much as possible!!! Thank you Loke!!  [rolleyes]  [lipsrsealed]

________________________________________________________________________________
________
PSN ID: Nlatio

Posted 12 May 2019 - 03:28 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Told you this Loke guy is our good fren!!! Let them tint as dark as possible..... then come SIN.... we summon as much as possible!!! Thank you Loke!! [rolleyes] [lipsrsealed]

Maybe he shld tint Firefly pilot window dark dark oso to prove it's safe. Somemore no ILS. Their pilots either bestest in the world or descendents of kamikaze...
Nlatio praised this

Posted 12 May 2019 - 05:52 PM

Achtung
  • Premium member
    Achtung
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

This Malaysian car reviewer explained it logically. I wonder if these jiuhu vehicles were to come across here to SG. So how would our LTA response to this?

Fake taxi in the making. Who coming first? Pun intended.
If you cannot differentiate a TP from an LTA officer, you ain't a car enthusiast.

Have you come here to play Jesus, to the Lepers in your head? U2 - One

Posted 12 May 2019 - 07:23 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

We SG cars cannot in locally .....   :a-aggressive:

Now will LTA allow this MY cars into SG ?  [confused]

If can, another double standards again ....  :ouch-it-hurts:

RH1667 and Nlatio praised this

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 12 May 2019 - 07:30 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

We SG cars cannot in locally ..... :a-aggressive:

Now will LTA allow this MY cars into SG ? [confused]

If can, another double standards again .... :ouch-it-hurts:

We shld collect SGD5000 as permit

Posted 12 May 2019 - 08:12 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

So many Malaysian Cars & Motocycles,so Bloody Loud Exhausts,LTA like idiot... [furious]  [furious]

I don't install also, would prefer the visibility all around. 

Me too,don't even got Window Films on my new Car...even Free also don't want.

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:54 AM

Fitvip
  • Fitvip
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I have the shades for the 2 front windows for the past 20 years. They reduce the glare and hrat effectively. Visibility is not compromised as they just fine nets. They don't cover the whole windows and the wing mirrors are not obscured. You must use it to realise the brnefits.
Sunset73 praised this

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:04 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I have the shades for the 2 front windows for the past 20 years. They reduce the glare and hrat effectively. Visibility is not compromised as they just fine nets. They don't cover the whole windows and the wing mirrors are not obscured. You must use it to realise the brnefits.

I think depends on individual, for me even with a window film installed, I find the visibility already not perfect. Used to drive my old car after the films deteriorated I removed it and find it better in terms of driving, of course hotter.  [laugh] Part of the reasons for not installation also because travel up north often, easier to clear custom. 

Edited by Dafansu, 13 May 2019 - 12:07 PM.

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:09 PM

Neutrino
  • Neutrino
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Why is he filming and driving at the same time as if it's a car review. His English is horrible.

Anyway no diff between MY and local car with regards to window film.

Is it??

I thought his english was very good.

Must be me.

There is no law without enforcement

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:10 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I can't stand those mesh shades or perforated stickers on windows. Sat in a Grab car once n the car had perforated stickers front n back. Feels claustrophobic n car sick after that

Posted 13 May 2019 - 01:15 PM

Knoobie
  • Premium member
    Knoobie
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Told you this Loke guy is our good fren!!! Let them tint as dark as possible..... then come SIN.... we summon as much as possible!!! Thank you Loke!!  [rolleyes]  [lipsrsealed]

provided our dear LTA starts to catch them.. before they have this ruling, how many times you see m'sia cars with super dark tint and still roaming on SG roads..

Doesn't mean you drive a faster car, you can travel at 70kph on a clear lane 1 with a train of cars behind you...

that is what lane 2 is for..

Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:42 PM

Jumpmanz
  • Premium member
    Jumpmanz
    6th Gear
    Author Image

6% vlt for the back. more cars will be shaking in the carparks [laugh] [smash]

Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:37 PM

Kklim
  • Premium member
    Kklim
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I asked an ICA officer once. His answer: Oh! That comes under LTA, not ICA.

If I were a car bomb suicide bomber intent on blowing up one of our two land crossings and everyone in the complexes, I would use such a car. 

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: tinting, tint, malaysia, johor and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users