• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic | 25 praises

Posted 12 May 2019 - 02:22 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

This is really trivial. 

Have been puzzled by this mismatch in year of production record in logcard and label in the car.

The B180 was registered in Dec/2015, but the metal plate label at the driver door indicated MY2016. Logcard record is put at 2015.

I know must follow the detail in the logcard, just curious why it was put as MY2016 in the car. Any one knows why the discrepancy? Hope I am not wasting bandwidth here haha.

Attached Thumbnails

• SMA2234U_logcard.jpg
  • abcd.jpg

Posted 12 May 2019 - 03:10 PM

Kodiaqer
  • Premium member
    Kodiaqer
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

could my2016 refer to model year, like for marketing purpose?

Posted 12 May 2019 - 03:46 PM

Nigel8210
  • Nigel8210
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

you should see the VIN instead

(Vehicle Identification Number)

it is found under/near the drivers sitting position of the seat for Mercedes

push back the driver's seat take out the carpet it should be there

Once you get the VIN, you can even go online and check all your vehicle information and detail specifications

Sdf4786k and Heartlander praised this

Posted 12 May 2019 - 03:53 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This is really trivial.

Have been puzzled by this mismatch in year of production record in logcard and label in the car.

The B180 was registered in Dec/2015, but the metal plate label at the driver door indicated MY2016. Logcard record is put at 2015.

I know must follow the detail in the logcard, just curious why it was put as MY2016 in the car.

Any one knows why the discrepancy? Hope I am not wasting bandwidth here haha.

MY is manufacturing year or production model number, not the actual year of manufacturer

Many models produced late in the year are usually upgraded in specs/software n tagged as the next year's production model. Think of it as ios 12, 12.1, 12.2, etc
Heartlander praised this

Posted 12 May 2019 - 04:05 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This is really trivial. 

I know must follow the detail in the logcard, just curious why it was put as MY2016 in the car. Any one knows why the discrepancy? Hope I am not wasting bandwidth here haha.

When you sell your car can tell buyer they are getting a 2016 model and

show picture as proof.

:D

post-101253-0-68638000-1557641981_thumb.

Edited by Jamesc, 12 May 2019 - 04:06 PM.

Heartlander praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 12 May 2019 - 04:31 PM

Ceecookie
  • Premium member
    Ceecookie
    4th Gear
    Author Image

What's the headlight logo and 1.0% line meant? That's more interesting than the model year query haha

Posted 12 May 2019 - 04:55 PM

Hubwee
  • Premium member
    Hubwee
    Supercharged
    Author Image

This is really trivial.

I know must follow the detail in the logcard, just curious why it was put as MY2016 in the car.
Any one knows why the discrepancy? Hope I am not wasting bandwidth here haha.

Car factories do not end their year on 31 Dec . Example Ferrari , any cars produced after Aug / Sept 2019 will Be considered as a 2020 car as the Year of Production .

So different car factories will have different year end .

I supposed it’s the same as companies with different financial year closings for their audit .

Edited by Hubwee, 12 May 2019 - 04:58 PM.

Heartlander praised this

Posted 12 May 2019 - 08:03 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

you should see the VIN instead

(Vehicle Identification Number)

it is found under/near the drivers sitting position of the seat for Mercedes

push back the driver's seat take out the carpet it should be there

Once you get the VIN, you can even go online and check all your vehicle information and detail specifications

Thanks for the info. I have used it in the past to buy 3 aircon filters which is now lying around as servicing with my preferred workshop comes with original aircon filter

But my query now is why the label is marked as MY2016.

Posted 12 May 2019 - 08:05 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Car factories do not end their year on 31 Dec . Example Ferrari , any cars produced after Aug / Sept 2019 will Be considered as a 2020 car as the Year of Production .

So different car factories will have different year end .

I supposed it’s the same as companies with different financial year closings for their audit .

Something new I learnt today. Think most likely the reason.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: mercedes-benz, yom, logcard and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users