Malaysia Airlines and Singapore Airlines should merge

Blueray

Malaysia Airlines and Singapore Airlines should merge, says aviation analyst

SINGAPORE (May 10): Given the challenging business environment and the downcycle in the aviation sector, Malaysia Airlines Bhd and Singapore Airlines Ltd should be merged, according to Maybank Kim Eng Holdings Ltd regional aviation analyst Mohshin Aziz.

“(The solution is) very simple — merge. Forget the national identity crisis, and they can be merged. It will be able to remove a lot of costs, and make themselves more efficient,” he said in a Q&A session at Invest Asia 2019 here today.

Mohshin, who is also associate director of Maybank Kim Eng Securities, pointed out that Malaysia-Singapore Airlines was once the flag carrier of Malaysia and Singapore, before it broke up in 1972.

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/malaysia-airlines-and-singapore-airlines-should-merge-says-maybank-aviation-analyst

aviation anal-yst say one ...   :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

If CEO says deep-seated cultural issues, then the issue is the culture of letting the CEO be seated until such a deep impression in the seat. Solution is to unseat the CEO.

Fair? ð

Yes, good leadership entails doing the right things, no matter how uncomfortable. Not sit there comfy delegate the responsibility and yet collect salary.
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Malaysia Airlines and Singapore Airlines should merge, says aviation analyst

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/malaysia-airlines-and-singapore-airlines-should-merge-says-maybank-aviation-analyst

aviation anal-yst say one ... :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

Quote last line

‘Maybank Kim Eng clarified that his views did not represent its position and house view.’

MSA ....... ha ha ha

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
(edited)

Its always been said that good visions, or great visions attract talents. Not the other way round.

Dr M's only vision is to make 1 race greater than any others. That's why that 1 race has been so well fed, they no longer hungry but stretch hands out to receive.

That's my personal take. I am not racist. Colour blind. I am pointing out his policy or vision is biased, hence cannot go very far.

Safe ride

Cheers

Dr M has his dream but cannot fulfill it because every step of the way there are too many deep seated cultural issues. He has to please the masses so how to get them to swallow bitter medicine that they need?

I don't think he is outright racist but rather he is being practical and careful not to get unseated if he departs too much from the "norm". All the leaders be it from PH or Umno are trapped in this cycle.

Same goes for those other political parties - every politician has to champion his own community's agenda even if some things need updating or compromise in a fast-changing world.

This kind of communal mindset and stereotypes continue to shackle them so many years after independence, and passed down to succeeding generations.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 4

Twincharged

Dr M has his dream but cannot fulfill it because every step of the way there are too many deep seated cultural issues. He has to please the masses so how to get them to swallow bitter medicine that they need?

I don't think he is outright racist but rather he is being practical and careful not to get unseated if he departs too much from the "norm". All the leaders be it from PH or Umno are trapped in this cycle.

Same goes for those other political parties - every politician has to champion his own community's agenda even if some things need updating or compromise in a fast-changing world.

This kind of communal mindset and stereotypes continue to shackle them so many years after independence, and passed down to succeeding generations.

He not racist? Hahah hahhaha. What did he call Jews?
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Perhaps but its unfortunate as there are so much going for thr country IF not so focused on enriching 1 particular group of the entire population. IF only he have the courage to TRY and prove that in the long term, everyone can have a fairer chance at life.

That's foregone now. Even more steeped than b4. Climb out is harder.

Thanks for sharing.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
(edited)

He not racist? Hahah hahhaha. What did he call Jews?

He is trying to please the masses by making these kind of statements, which are at no cost to him.

By the way considering the occupied territories issues, even world opinion is divided. Only USA die die support (again because of elections issue) but Europe and many other developed Western nations also condemn what's happening.

Go back even further, it's the same as with South Africa during days of apartheid. Boycotted by rest of the world.

Edited by Sosaria

Supersonic

simi sai merge?

more like asking people to buy over leh

Even Tony Fernandes whi owe crooked doc a favour oso dun wanna touch. SQ management must laughing hysterically and rolling on the floor at this anal-list suggestion

Hypersonic

Turn Malaysia Airlines around? AirAsia has our plate full, says Fernandes

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2019/04/01/turn-malaysia-airlines-around-airasia-has-our-plate-full-says-fernandes/1738517

in short ..... boh eng ...  :XD:

This is terrible.

If he is too lazy to do it I will be happy to do it.

I just need a few billion to put things right.

:D

Anyway what happened to the ang moh expert that was running the airline?

Some low cost fella from UK for Ireland?

• Praise 2

Twincharged

This is terrible.

A few not enough la. Too many mouths to feed.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

This is terrible.

Bro, u gotta do it the crony way. Ask for $10b. Ownself pocket $8b first. Pay u know who (Mr.10%) $1b. Pay some senior govt officials $0.5b. Pay ruling party-linked union boss $0.2b. Pay runners & fixers another $0.2b.

Then spend $0.1b to hire some angmo to make it look like a legit corporate restructuring. Turnaround (expectedly) fails. Get some goon to suggest SQ buy over. SQ laff until nearly choke itself. Then blame Sg for not helping big abang in time of need. Threaten to cut water, cut egg, cut veg, close airspace, block air and sun, threaten.....Aiya, tink u know the drill lah. By then, no one remembers the $10b. Lol

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 6

Turbocharged

This is terrible.

Billions won’t make it la.. u got to take the Malaysia out of the M or is it Mahathir out of the M?

Turbocharged

MAS problem stems mainly from inefficiency. Many deadwood around, need trimming. But is difficult because of union and vested interest. Airlines operating like it was still in the 70s before industry deregulation, with excess staff, generous benefits, how to make money?

SQ was heading the same way at some points in its history, but always the "doctor" will come and feed bitter medicine which is always swallowed or else heads will get broken. Occasional review and belt tightening measures are necessary for airlines to remain profitable. Those who disagree get exiled to Oz [laugh]

Can MAS stomach this kind of reform??