• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
57 replies to this topic | 55 praises

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:40 AM

Goldenvodka
  • Premium member
    Goldenvodka
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys seeking help here for some issues for my ride.

Assuming the car has been warmed up after a 45min drive.

- approaching traffic light RPM seems to decrease to about 400-500. Engine vibrates but not violently.however it did not stall once. Once coming to a stand still RPM will hover around 600 rpm. Slight vibration felt but car did not stall. All these is when the vehicle is in D mode.

- idle in P or N mode have a very slight vibration that seems normal. Around 700-800rpm. Vibration is definitely much lesser than in D mode.

- When engaged in R mode. The vehicle will jerk and rpm drops to 600. It reverses normally. No need to step on the gas however vibration can be clearly felt

Servicing has been done recently
New oil for both engine and transmission
New coolant
New spark plug
New MAF sensor
Last but not least. Welcome for any valuable feedback. Thanks!

BabyBlade praised this

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:20 AM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Engine mounts? Coil? Dirty Injectors?

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:26 AM

Lava
  • Lava
    5th Gear
    Author Image

dirty throttle and need some cleaning

Beregond praised this

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:28 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Most important is what car?
Count-Bracula praised this

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:56 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

- approaching traffic light RPM seems to decrease to about 400-500. Engine vibrates but not violently.however it did not stall once. Once coming to a stand still RPM will hover around 600 rpm. Slight vibration felt but car did not stall. All these is when the vehicle is in D mode.

- idle in P or N mode have a very slight vibration that seems normal. Around 700-800rpm. Vibration is definitely much lesser than in D mode.

- When engaged in R mode. The vehicle will jerk and rpm drops to 600. It reverses normally. No need to step on the gas however vibration can be clearly felt

New coolant
New spark plug  Check
New MAF sensor  Check

What else left to check?

How about vacuum leak? Check vacuum hoses.

Faulty ignition coil?

Good luck.

Feel so rich. Or just an illusion?

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:03 PM

Justdaniel
  • Premium member
    Justdaniel
    Clutched
    Author Image

New coolant
New spark plug
New MAF sensor

I have similar problem like yours.

Done throttle cleaning but still problem exist.

Finally fault is spark plug housing crack.

Your spark plug might be new but when the mechanic over tightened might cause crack.

Watwheels and Watwheels praised this

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:16 PM

Contipro
  • Premium member
    Contipro
    5th Gear
    Author Image

New coolant
New spark plug
New MAF sensor

which car, model and engine, so anyone with similar experience can share.
Please read below link before response. Let's keep MCF environment harmony..
http://www.mycarforu...les-guidelines/

disclaimer: no real person living or dead involved on production of above.

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:38 PM

Glidemetro
  • Glidemetro
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

New coolant
New spark plug
New MAF sensor

I can almost be certain it’s the fuel pump. Replaced it and it will solve the problem....

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:47 PM

Goldenvodka
  • Premium member
    Goldenvodka
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for all the valuable input.

It’s a Suzuki Swift Sport with 120k millage.

Throttle body was cleaned recently less than a month ago as it was the first troubleshooting point. Second was the MAF sensor, replaced it.

So far I have yet tested the ignition coil. However spark plug is in good condition and wasn’t overtighten.

Next I would be looking into ignition coil and/or fuel pump.

Recently have some intermittent starting issues as well. Can hear a click but nothing comes on. Battery seems to be an unlikely culprit as voltage and health indicator is in green condition

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:06 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The battery can still be bad despite the "Green" indicator. I have one recently like that (unable to fully charge) and replaced it.
Count-Bracula praised this

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:15 PM

Glidemetro
  • Glidemetro
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Do not assume the 4 ignition coil is functionally properly . 1 bad coil can cause sudden drop. Most workshop will have the basic computer scan tool to check the ignition coil if functional properly else error code indicating which coil kaput . If “rough idling “ still appears and u have done the throttle cleaning and new spark plugs. ...... Fuel Pump is the culprit...

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:30 PM

Glidemetro
  • Glidemetro
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Recheck your tramission fluid level... u sure the Mechanic TOP up the right way? Sakali not enough also can cause lor rpm...
Yewheng praised this

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:40 PM

Knoobie
  • Premium member
    Knoobie
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I had a different car and had similar issue before. what happened for my case was the ignition sensor was faulty.

Doesn't mean you drive a faster car, you can travel at 70kph on a clear lane 1 with a train of cars behind you...

that is what lane 2 is for..

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:20 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Itâs a Suzuki Swift Sport with 120k millage.

Throttle body was cleaned recently less than a month ago as it was the first troubleshooting point. Second was the MAF sensor, replaced it.

So far I have yet tested the ignition coil. However spark plug is in good condition and wasnât overtighten.

Recently have some intermittent starting issues as well. Can hear a click but nothing comes on. Battery seems to be an unlikely culprit as voltage and health indicator is in green condition

Have the exact same car but much lower mileage. No such problems yet. How long has this been happening? Brand of petrol used and octane?

Try changing petrol brand and octane? Using 95 still has a very very slight ping at times.

How old is the battery? Any parking camera? How do you test the battery?

Hear click and nothing happens is unlikely to be fuel pump. Even with faulty fuel pump, the car will always crank.

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:54 PM

Ichibawa
  • Premium member
    Ichibawa
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Better bring back to where you service it. Seems like your engine is going into a stall and it choke itself back to life. Probably the spark plugs or the MAF sensor but nobody can be sure. Just get it rectified by mechs.. we can only play guess work here. 

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:14 PM

Goldenvodka
  • Premium member
    Goldenvodka
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Have the exact same car but much lower mileage. No such problems yet. How long has this been happening? Brand of petrol used and octane?

Try changing petrol brand and octane? Using 95 still has a very very slight ping at times.

How old is the battery? Any parking camera? How do you test the battery?

Hear click and nothing happens is unlikely to be fuel pump. Even with faulty fuel pump, the car will always crank.

Been using both SPC and Esso 95

Battery age 2 years old. No parking camera, only dash cam which only operates when I am driving.

No ICE. Basically no additional accessories to drain power.

I took this vehicle over for a couple of months and basic servicing and ATF was changed. Now I suspect they are using the wrong ATF.

By the way, when the ac is on, all the symptom is reduced by half.

Edited by Goldenvodka, 15 May 2019 - 04:17 PM.

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:24 PM

Inlinefour
  • Premium member
    Inlinefour
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

So far I have yet tested the ignition coil. However spark plug is in good condition and wasn’t overtighten.

last time my inline six 2.2 litre engine same and it is jumping like frog [:(]

go back to AD then replace the faulty ignition coil  [bigcry]

was 2004 and paid almost 500 cos warranty dont cover wear and tear  :a-m1524:

Make Love Not War

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:57 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Battery age 2 years old. No parking camera, only dash cam which only operates when I am driving.

I took this vehicle over for a couple of months and basic servicing and ATF was changed. Now I suspect they are using the wrong ATF.

Try orig Suzuki oil.

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:56 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Itâs a Suzuki Swift Sport with 120k millage.

So far I have yet tested the ignition coil. However spark plug is in good condition and wasnât overtighten.

Starting issue could be starter, may not be related to the vibration issue. Have you checked engine mount ? Engine did not die off that mean could be simply engine mount worn out.

Aircon on symptom reduced because when compressor is on, the idle rpm will go up by at least 200 to 300 rpm, and when u have a higher rpm, your engine will have less vibration.

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:15 PM

Contipro
  • Premium member
    Contipro
    5th Gear
    Author Image

my pass experience..

1) faulty one of the ignition coil

2) faulty cam position sensor and crank position sensor

normally fuel pump should not have problem in your case, if lost of power during acceleration then i may suspect fuel pump as well.

Please read below link before response. Let's keep MCF environment harmony..
http://www.mycarforu...les-guidelines/

disclaimer: no real person living or dead involved on production of above.

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:40 PM

Goldenvodka
  • Premium member
    Goldenvodka
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

my pass experience..

1) faulty one of the ignition coil
2) faulty cam position sensor and crank position sensor

normally fuel pump should not have problem in your case, if lost of power during acceleration then i may suspect fuel pump as well.

No loss of power during acceleration. Once accelerated the vehicle perform normally.
Quick update.

After a quick DIY ATF Change accordingly to repair manual guide.

Vibration without aircon for D N And P Reduced nearly 50percent. However R mode is still the same as before.

Gonna check the ignition coils and spark plug in the upcoming weekend.

Edited by Goldenvodka, 15 May 2019 - 07:58 PM.

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:46 PM

Apple-Tree
  • Premium member
    Apple-Tree
    6th Gear
    Author Image

OK.  I add 1 more.  OCV - Oil Control Valve.

-No OBD Code

-Higher FC

-Engine like 1 to stall when slowing down.

-When move off from a junction, left and right turn.

-Engine hesitate  

OCV is use to control the CVVT position.  I am not sure if your car got VVT.  

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:38 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Also check battery terminals for corrosion. 

Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:59 AM

Goldenvodka
  • Premium member
    Goldenvodka
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Battery terminals checked and cleaned with brush and baking soda.

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:03 AM

StreamRSZ
  • Premium member
    StreamRSZ
    5th Gear
    Author Image

suggest to narrow down to spark plug coils. faulty coils will have inconsistent RPM causing car to vibrate when misfire. 

if all checks and cleaning down, perhaps go into coils to check. dismantle if out and check the spring coil whether sign of damage.

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:50 AM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Battery terminals checked and cleaned with brush and baking soda.

You may want to try a bottle of Caltex Techron Concentrate to clear the fuel system and injectors.

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:27 AM

Goldenvodka
  • Premium member
    Goldenvodka
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

A Bottle of Caltex was put into the tank a month ago. Maybe need another bottle?

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:30 AM

Acewin
  • Acewin
    4th Gear
    Author Image

No loss of power during acceleration. Once accelerated the vehicle perform normally.
Quick update.

After a quick DIY ATF Change accordingly to repair manual guide.

Vibration without aircon for D N And P Reduced nearly 50percent. However R mode is still the same as before.

Gonna check the ignition coils and spark plug in the upcoming weekend.

Does you FC becomes higher lately?

If yes most likely one ignition coil or one spark plug is faulty

Need to plug in an OBD to see which one is faulty.

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:48 AM

Goldenvodka
  • Premium member
    Goldenvodka
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Fc wise never see much difference. Hovering around 13-14km/L

Edited by Goldenvodka, 16 May 2019 - 09:48 AM.

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:24 AM

Goldenvodka
  • Premium member
    Goldenvodka
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Bought a new ignition coil to perform some troubleshooting.

May I check with the experts here. Is there a possibility of 2 ignition coil going bad at the same time? So far I only bought 1 piece and going to use the try and error method to check for the symptoms.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Mirage Motorwerkz Pte Ltd

Mirage Motorwerkz Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by jasonlee123  |  Neutral Newbie

Very Good diagnostic! My regular workshop that I'll go to. Also recommended my friends over and all positive feedback! The team at Mirage is also very responsive when I call to ask for my car status. Definitely recommend this workshop!

Mirage Motorwerkz Pte Ltd

Mirage Motorwerkz Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Fantasysquare  |  Neutral Newbie

As an enthusiast, I've serviced and fix many cars at Mirage over the years. Heng and his team, Sei/Fong/Long, and a couple others whom I cannot remember their name, always take good care of my cars.

From weird things like a rod warping my rear arm in my S2000, to fixing a blown ignition coil in my Focus ST, they have always done it in good speed and quality.... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Repair & Servicing

Quick Reply

Tags: vibrate, rpm, engine, rough and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users