• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
22 replies to this topic | 75 praises

Posted 19 May 2019 - 01:10 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The battery needs to be properly charged periodically.

Depending on  the car alternator is not enough.

That's why I have an external battery charger to help me refresh my battery every few months.

That I din know. Thanks for the heads up

Posted 19 May 2019 - 01:30 PM

Nigel8210
  • Nigel8210
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

This morning I checked the battery voltage after 12 hours standby was 12.3V
Accordingly that’s about 50-60%, maybe time to change
My last change 2.5 years ago borsch 70Ah AGM almost $400
By the way, I found out for Mercedes cars, turn key one time , go to mileage menu, press the answer phone button together with OK button on the steering wheel for 3sec, the car voltage will be displayed real time, no need to use multi meter put on the battery to measure

Posted 19 May 2019 - 02:22 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This morning I checked the battery voltage after 12 hours standby was 12.3V
Accordingly that’s about 50-60%, maybe time to change
My last change 2.5 years ago borsch 70Ah AGM almost $400
By the way, I found out for Mercedes cars, turn key one time , go to mileage menu, press the answer phone button together with OK button on the steering wheel for 3sec, the car voltage will be displayed real time, no need to use multi meter put on the battery to measure

Like wise for Beemer it can also be done via the trip metre.

But these voltage readout tells limited info. A battery analyser will show you the state of charge and even the cca figures along with others useful info.
car50 and Discoburg praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: mercedes-benz and 8 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users