Start/ Stop function not working = weak battery?

nigel8210

Is it a Normal Battery Charger.?Thinking of buying 1,can shoot a picture of your Charger.?

Left- battery condition tester

Centre- Microprocessor charger

Right- OBD II SCAN Tool

post-25943-0-07028500-1558160610_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

Wow so well equipped. BTW, voltage of battery will tell you need to change or not liao, no need so many tools. Some batteries also got color indicator. Also when car crank in the morning, it takes longer and more cranks to start also tell you due liao.

SS is bad for battery. Also don't switch on ac is you travel less than 3 km between stops. Like that battery got chance to charge lah.

Twincharged

The battery needs to be properly charged periodically.

Depending on  the car alternator is not enough.

That's why I have an external battery charger to help me refresh my battery every few months.

That I din know. Thanks for the heads up

This morning I checked the battery voltage after 12 hours standby was 12.3V

Accordingly that’s about 50-60%, maybe time to change

My last change 2.5 years ago borsch 70Ah AGM almost $400

By the way, I found out for Mercedes cars, turn key one time , go to mileage menu, press the answer phone button together with OK button on the steering wheel for 3sec, the car voltage will be displayed real time, no need to use multi meter put on the battery to measure

This morning I checked the battery voltage after 12 hours standby was 12.3V

Accordingly that’s about 50-60%, maybe time to change

My last change 2.5 years ago borsch 70Ah AGM almost $400

By the way, I found out for Mercedes cars, turn key one time , go to mileage menu, press the answer phone button together with OK button on the steering wheel for 3sec, the car voltage will be displayed real time, no need to use multi meter put on the battery to measure

Like wise for Beemer it can also be done via the trip metre.

But these voltage readout tells limited info. A battery analyser will show you the state of charge and even the cca figures along with others useful info.

• Praise 3

3 minutes ago, Iiiusion said:

Guys, if I don't use the start stop (switch off everytime), is it possible to make do with a normal (non EFB) battery instead? Any impact on the car?

Better follow Factory's Specs,yes non EFB Batteries are cheaper,it may affect other Electrical Parts of the Car,for some cases,warning Lights will come on...I got 1 Mazda 6 Owner,battery Shop don't have the Q85 Battery,anyhow fit a Normal Battery,ended up the Whole Car haywire...

• Praise 1

On 12/14/2019 at 12:47 PM, Iiiusion said:

Guys, if I don't use the start stop (switch off everytime), is it possible to make do with a normal (non EFB) battery instead? Any impact on the car?

Don't. That couple hundred max savings can lead you to stranded car, haywire electronics and dunno what other potential Armageddon.

On 5/19/2019 at 2:22 PM, Hamburger said:

Like wise for Beemer it can also be done via the trip metre.

But these voltage readout tells limited info. A battery analyser will show you the state of charge and even the cca figures along with others useful info.

Your batt in the boot easier to access

On 12/14/2019 at 12:47 PM, Iiiusion said:

Maybe you can but I think the regular car battery wont last long and may even fail prematurely. The purpose of using an EFB battery is to meet the demands of the car's on board electrical/electronic devices. A regular car battery most likely cmi.

If your intention is to save money you might end up paying more. Low voltage might damage your on board devices as well. The car may not have any impact. LoL...

Edited by Watwheels

EFB and non EFB is same 12 v. The different is high crank cycle and higher amp.

i saw quite a number of ppl going for the cheaper option including conti ride. so far haven heard of their complain yet.

i doubt it will damage the car electrical system , only problem might be your non EFB battery will die faster esp if u keep using the function.

(of course this is very personal pov, to be 100% safe its alway better to use the orginal)😁

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

EFB and non EFB is same 12 v. The different is high crank cycle and higher amp.

i saw quite a number of ppl going for the cheaper option including conti ride. so far haven heard of their complain yet.

i doubt it will damage the car electrical system , only problem might be your non EFB battery will die faster esp if u keep using the function.

(of course this is very personal pov, to be 100% safe its alway better to use the orginal)😁

For German car, the setting should be changed to non-EFB battery. These 2 type of battery have different charging circle.

↡ Advertisement