Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

For the more engineer brain type can understand the road clambering and super elevation and stay away from the waterlog areas. Also look out for streams across the road.

I grip my steering wheel very tight during rainy days so that I dun not let a puddle of water turn my wheels and lose total control of the car.

Running in higher or lower gears depends. Many a times I up shifted to get back the proper traction. Too much engine brake may not be a good thing cos mine is FWD. Best thing still is drive slowly lor.

Sometimes I deliberately run over waterlog areas to see how the car behave.

However you wanna drive the car plan in advance, in seconds or milliseconds.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

So now we have to choose taxi base on the type of tyres they use? [laugh] [laugh]

Flag taxi, knock on front window. Taxi driver lowers window.

"Uncle, you use simi tyre?"

Another PHV joker yesterday..

https://youtu.be/fFp1uqS2Ec0

Wow your car cam position doesn’t look optimal.. quite a big portion on the right is blocked.. must be those In car cam given by dealer?

I’ll reject if any shop paste at that stupid position that has so much vision blocked off

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The tread-depth limit for safe driving is generally 1.6mm.

Is there a rule somewhere to say it is illegal to drive with a worn tyre, such as with thread lesser than 1.6mm

Base on my understanding, it is not just tyre type or tread depth that can cause a car to skid, but road conditions and speed as well.

I experienced a close shave many years ago with a friend's car. Was driving along west coast highway at not more than 60kmh, and car suddenly lost control on a straight stretch. Stop by the road side, check the tyre, nothing wrong (it was new set of tyre, probably just 1000 to 2000 km).

Then walk a little back to the place where skidding took place, noticed some find sand around. That should be the cause. So from them onward, I learnt to keep an active lookout for road surface ahead of me, and have on another occasion, manage to get away from an oily patch.

Drive safe.

• Praise 8

Supersonic
(edited)

Base on my understanding, it is not just tyre type or tread depth that can cause a car to skid, but road conditions and speed as well.

I experienced a close shave many years ago with a friend's car. Was driving along west coast highway at not more than 60kmh, and car suddenly lost control on a straight stretch. Stop by the road side, check the tyre, nothing wrong (it was new set of tyre, probably just 1000 to 2000 km).

Then walk a little back to the place where skidding took place, noticed some find sand around. That should be the cause. So from them onward, I learnt to keep an active lookout for road surface ahead of me, and have on another occasion, manage to get away from an oily patch.

Drive safe.

Sand is not as bad as oily surface patch, oily surface can cause car to skid out of control very easily. Edited by Ct3833

Going down this Slope is my Everyday affair,if Driver use Engine Braking to slow down,not much an issue,even i drive my Brother's Kia with cheap tyres,used 3rd Gear,going down at 60km/h with Wet Road...also no problem. [thumbsup]  [:)] The Skidding will happen,if Driver go down too fast,using Brake only....if the Skid Start,most driver will step their brakes even harder,then the Car will lost control. [bigcry]

That bend is so easy to clear. A lot of morons always brake like crazy when they realise the bend suddenly becomes steeper. Let's just say you can clear the bend faster than the speed limit stipulated there.

Turbocharged

How abt this mofo? Broke every farking rule in the rule book.. hope his license gets revoked forever so he resorts to committing more crimes on his PMD..

• Praise 5

Twincharged

How abt this mofo? Broke every farking rule in the rule book.. hope his license gets revoked forever so he resorts to committing more crimes on his PMD..

quite mellow already lah ... compared to this ....

• Praise 1

The driver in the red car could be having a very bad day and venting his frustration.

Turbocharged
(edited)

The driver in the red car could be having a very bad day and venting his frustration.

Sure, he can tell the judge or grieving family when he killed the crossing pedestrian that you had a bad day...

Edited by Beanoyip
  • Praise 11

As usual is PHV again. They are "king of the road" leh, we cannot say them one.

If you say them, you will kenna from them one.

post-179126-0-61066900-1559790205_thumb.jpg

• Praise 5

I'm using Westlake SA-07 now. Grip is ok leh.

Or maybe my car is too slow to make them lose grip. LOL

No wonder! My last tyre change was Westlake tires recommended by WS guy and it skidded like banana skin on rainy days. I had them changed just after 2 weeks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3