Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

For some reason, i've never liked the delivery vans (now lorries too) of the courier companies DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc.

Always see them speeding here and there, even in basement carparks... Always thought it was accident waiting to happen... [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
With many such accidents happening, when will LTA review their existing seat belt policy, or the use of lorry for the transportation of workers from place to place?

Food for thought: Worker's live is not the same as those traveling in other public or private transport? Why must they be subjected to extra risk of flying off a moving lorry upon impact?

Edited by SGMCF328
  • Praise 6

I am unable to tell what is the cause of his fall, did he hit something ?

This is the slip road connecting AYE to PIE via clementi. Vehicles exiting PIE tend to maintain a relative high speed and the stop line is not visible until the end of the bend. What makes it worst was that the path of the vehicles coming from the right (you need to twist your head to 5 o'clock direction to check blindspot) crosses into that of the slip road.

The TP probably not familiar with this stretch and ebrake when he realise the buses coming into his path

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

I felt kind of weird after coming back from driving in Australia for 2 weeks. The drivers there seemed to me to be more accommodating too for newbies / tourists.

Most (if not all) followed the speed limits to the dot, even in areas where the chances of a TP/ speed cam seemed remote. The drivers there seemed to be programmed to adhere to the speed limits than the actual punishments.

Having said all of this, I know the fines / punishment serves as a huge deterrent for the bad drivers and there are certainly a lot of them there too. May be I did not meet/experience any of them due to the nature of our short stay over there.

Now you know why i say its just the culture which cannot be instill to sinkies

With many such accidents happening, when will LTA review their existing seat belt policy, or the use of lorry for the transportation of workers from place to place?

Food for thought: Worker's live is not the same as those traveling in other public or private transport? Why must they be subjected to extra risk of flying off a moving lorry upon impact?

Businesses already almost dying due to high costs of everything, how to own another fleet of buses just to move workers or pay private buses to do that?
  • Praise 3

Tech is making drivers lazy. Taken to the extreme, with autopilot, the driver can just sleep while the car is moving. AMDKs already doing this in their Teslas.

I've always wanted to do that.

Dying in your sleep is very peaceful.

Unlike dying screaming like all the pedestrians you hit before the tree.

:D

These heavy vehicles and LGVs always tailgate each other so close that sometimes it's so hard to merge into highway and filter to exit... Worse still they won't give way one......

ya.. too near is dangerous.

some user commented me before that I road hogging.

but actual he see clearly is 2 sec distance rules. means safe driving not road hogging.

if we enforce a law preventing using of lorry for transporting of worker.

ultimately the cost will reflect back on us.

1 simple example,

our renovation work,

imagine the company need another bus to ferry their worker to work. 

in the end the cost will pass on to the house owner 

becarefull of what we wish for, it might not be what we want.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

cut so short ... like to see what happen after the driver step out.

Yea we want to see the whole story and gesturing

• Praise 1

Damn jialat. All these drivers coming from the side roads either blind, idiotic or both.

Din even bother to slow down to check. What's so difficult to stop and wait? Lazy until like that may as well stay home play with toy cars.

Safe ride. Neck will not break if u turn it to allow eyes on head to check.

Cheers

• Praise 8

Damn jialat. All these drivers coming from the side roads either blind, idiotic or both.

Din even bother to slow down to check. What's so difficult to stop and wait? Lazy until like that may as well stay home play with toy cars.

Safe ride. Neck will not break if u turn it to allow eyes on head to check.

Cheers

Maybe he wanted to brake but step gas instead? Think there was a sudden surge though not so sure..

Maybe he wanted to brake but step gas instead? Think there was a sudden surge though not so sure..

Hmm...watched thrice, did not notice that but it was certainly fast coming out.

This type should prepare to slow down to stop once enter the side road.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Yesterday morning I was driving pax from Stevens Road turning left to bukit timah Road. As usual I slowed down near zebra crossing and then out of sudden a lady just run pass me in front of zebra crossing. Both me and pax was stunned as both of us did not see the lady. I think it should be hiding the A pillar. That explain why. So yeah, when turning and driving through zebra crossing, better slow down for just in case this type of thing happen.

↡ Advertisement