Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

We really have all sorts of people in the society. But in this case the van has to claim against his own insurance, hopefully won't lost his NCD.

Actually this is a lesson to be learnt. the fella drink driving, bang your car, no point report him one... end up cannot claim. 

Incident happened to one of my relatives. 

She had a couple of drinks. Banged another car from the back. Panicked, called us. 

We rushed down. 

The fella (off duty policeman) advised us to take her away ASAP before anyone come.

Exchange particulars and took photo of the damage. 

Say see how we want to settle the next day.

In the end quoted damage quite a lot, both cars add like 28k.

Claimed insurance lor. 

He know if he report her drink driving, nothing to gain, gotta get lawyer to sue her for the damage. 

Leh Chey. 

Very kiang. 

• Praise 5

Witnessed & recorded a traffic accident on my dashcam along Balestier Rd (after Whampoa Dr) towards CTE on Christmas Day, 25 Dec 2018 (Tue), at around 11:30am between a yellow cab (SHC7953T) & a white LPG-hauling Mitsubishi truck (GBC9665M):

https://youtu.be/FlUPgf1_fJk

Start from 15s onwards.

If you know any of the above drivers, do forward them this link for their respective insurance claims. 

Edited by Vulcann
  • Praise 3

Witnessed & recorded a traffic accident on my dashcam along Balestier Rd (after Whampoa Dr) towards CTE on Christmas Day, 25 Dec 2018 (Tue), at around 11:30am between a yellow cab (SHC7953T) & a white LPG-hauling Mitsubishi truck (GBC9665M):

Start from 15s onwards.

If you know any of the above drivers, do forward them this link for their respective insurance claims. 

The van did it intentionally or overlooked ? The guy is too unreasonable. The cab might be rude to cut in but he did not cut in when the lorry was on the move, the lorry  should have just given way to him. 

is this for real? car plate looks like a new car!!

a very fit fit suffering a fit .

Edited by Ct3833

I think 50/50.  Because Taxi moved lor.  If the taxi remain stationary then 70/30 or 80/20 lor, lorry fault.

The van did it intentionally or overlooked ? The guy is too unreasonable. The cab might be rude to cut in but he did not cut in when the lorry was on the move, the lorry  should have just given way to him. 

a very fit fit suffering a fit .

I think 50/50. Because Taxi moved lor. If the taxi remain stationary then 70/30 or 80/20 lor, lorry fault.

Based on what i see , both were stationary after the taxi had moved diagonally in. When traffic started to move, taxi moved into the lane further ,at that point the lorry should not have moved if he did see the taxi. I don't know if he did it intentionally or or was really an oversight.

Hmmm...... exactly, last action from both parties, taxi moved and then lorry moved.  Both at fault lor.

On top of that, the Taxi also committed a Traffic Offence : Failed to form up in lane when vehicle is stationary in a multiple lane carriageway lor.  Got demerit point one I remember.  So, no matter how TD can NEVER have a 0% liability lor.

If TD remain stationary and lorry moved, then it is lorry fault on the high side.  Again LD will never be 100% lor.

Very likely 50/50 lor 

Based on what i see , both were stationary after the taxi had moved diagonally in. When traffic started to move, taxi moved into the lane further ,at that point the lorry should not have moved if he did see the taxi. I don't know if he did it intentionally or or was really an oversight.

• Praise 1

Hmmm...... exactly, last action from both parties, taxi moved and then lorry moved. Both at fault lor.

On top of that, the Taxi also committed a Traffic Offence : Failed to form up in lane when vehicle is stationary in a multiple lane carriageway lor. Got demerit point one I remember. So, no matter how TD can NEVER have a 0% liability lor.

If TD remain stationary and lorry moved, then it is lorry fault on the high side. Again LD will never be 100% lor.

Very likely 50/50 lor

Haha noted if you are coming from absolute traffic rules point of view. And I guess that is the way to get some of this people to buck up. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

School vice-principal jailed for crashing car into market, hurting three people

Yesterday, Lim Soon Wai, 52, vice-principal of Beatty Secondary School in Toa Payoh North, was also disqualified from driving for 2½ years for causing grievous hurt through negligent driving.

In response to queries from The Straits Times, a Ministry of Education (MOE) spokesman said Lim is currently still an MOE staff member and the ministry "will be proceeding with our internal disciplinary processes and taking appropriate action".

"MOE takes a serious view of misconduct by our staff, and will not hesitate to take disciplinary action against those who fail to adhere to our standards of conduct and discipline," said the spokesman.

Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Angela Ang told the court that Lim was trying to reverse his car into a parking space at the carpark at Block 50A Marine Terrace at 12.34pm on Dec 9 last year when the car bumped into the kerb.

He switched gears to drive forward but failed to maintain control over the vehicle, causing it to surge forward.

The car mounted a kerb and crashed into a florist's stall in Marine Terrace Market, and struck three people who were in the stall.

A 66-year-old man was flung aside and landed on his back, while the impact of the crash left two women, aged 58 and 33, unconscious. All three were taken to Changi General Hospital by ambulance.

The man's left foot was crushed, causing him to be permanently disabled. The middle toe on his left foot had to be amputated, said DPP Ang.

The 58-year-old woman suffered a fracture in her right ankle and also injured her right shoulder, while the 33-year-old suffered giddiness and an abrasion on one finger on her right hand.

For causing grievous hurt through a negligent act, Lim could have been jailed for up to two years, and fined up to $5,000.

https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/school-vice-principal-jailed-crashing-car-market

post-15968-0-23451700-1545872817_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Start from 15s onwards.

This lorry siao eh

What’s his problem?

School vice-principal jailed for crashing car into market, hurting three people

Yesterday, Lim Soon Wai, 52, vice-principal of Beatty Secondary School in Toa Payoh North, was also disqualified from driving for 2½ years for causing grievous hurt through negligent driving.

In response to queries from The Straits Times, a Ministry of Education (MOE) spokesman said Lim is currently still an MOE staff member and the ministry "will be proceeding with our internal disciplinary processes and taking appropriate action".

"MOE takes a serious view of misconduct by our staff, and will not hesitate to take disciplinary action against those who fail to adhere to our standards of conduct and discipline," said the spokesman.

Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Angela Ang told the court that Lim was trying to reverse his car into a parking space at the carpark at Block 50A Marine Terrace at 12.34pm on Dec 9 last year when the car bumped into the kerb.

He switched gears to drive forward but failed to maintain control over the vehicle, causing it to surge forward.

The car mounted a kerb and crashed into a florist's stall in Marine Terrace Market, and struck three people who were in the stall.

A 66-year-old man was flung aside and landed on his back, while the impact of the crash left two women, aged 58 and 33, unconscious. All three were taken to Changi General Hospital by ambulance.

The man's left foot was crushed, causing him to be permanently disabled. The middle toe on his left foot had to be amputated, said DPP Ang.

The 58-year-old woman suffered a fracture in her right ankle and also injured her right shoulder, while the 33-year-old suffered giddiness and an abrasion on one finger on her right hand.

For causing grievous hurt through a negligent act, Lim could have been jailed for up to two years, and fined up to $5,000.

https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/school-vice-principal-jailed-crashing-car-market

52 year old donno how to drive? Not 82 years old leh

52 year old donno how to drive? Not 82 years old leh

This type of lose control case is usually :

- using handphone

- wearing slippers

- very thick floor mat resting on accelerator 

victims' injuries quite serious some more ...

good that he is off the roads lah ...

The Audi driver wants to overtake instead of being patient..

But he wants to save fuel instead of stepping a bit firmer on his pedal and overtaking swiftly. 

White car just does his thing and comes out in his own sweet time, and doesn't notice the Audi. 

Two objects trying to occupy the same space.

Workshops around Singapore are grateful for the Christmas present. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4