Google suspends business with Huawei

RadX

Hold ur horses

Current models not affected

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Hold ur horses

Current models not affected

You mean even those who intend to buy p30 Pro now also not affected?

Hypersonic

Existing users no need to worry anything ma. Only new users will not be able to use Google play and etc function..

Huawei already have their own app store. But I never use it at all. Hopefully their app store is usuer friendly and is in English. That may give more incentives for developers and or companies to create/have apps in the Huawei app store.

I read that existing user still can have access to Google, but no more updates from Google like security patches.

Twincharged

funny leh... china play punk with korea japan so many times, just karma.

they also ban and steal from foreign companies all the time this is nothing in comparison, yet talk so drama like they are victims  [hur] .

• Praise 1

Supersonic

It is one of those export control thingy.

Google has to follow.

It is the US govt flavour of the day.

You can also sue them.

Or wait for the next govt to overturn this.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

the export control crippled ZTE.

lets see what HUAWEI have in response.

Personal opinion: US is just trying to force Xi's administation to step in help huawei and then claim HW is State Control.

US may or may not lag in 5G development. but they are severely lagging in deployment readiness. seems all out to stop HW / CN

by now we shld all knows: USA is only big bro, if its interest is at stake, eg oil previously. Today, waging a trade WAR is probably due to 5G

Hypersonic

"Huawei Technologies Co Ltd will immediately lose access to updates to the Android operating system, and the next version of its smartphones outside of China will also lose access to popular applications and services including the Google Play Store and Gmail app."

Simply means current users and those new models floating in the market now can carry on using without any updates to the Android operating system and app stores. New phone models like your P40, P40 pro, mate 40 and mate 40 pro ( i assume the models update names in such a way) will become '是不是" phones only. 

I am wondering, so there will be no more updates to all apps in the google play store as well for current users? 

Without Android OS, its as good as dead outside of China.  -_-  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Just use like using phone in CN today ..

No Gmail, no Google, no Google Services, no Google Play, no Google Map, no WhatsApp, no Facebook, no Instagram, no Line, no Twitter, no Yahoo, no Straits Times, no Zaobao, no YouTube, no Bloomberg, .. a lot of apps require Google Services to run.

Can install 百度, install 高德地图, install 微信, install 微博, install 百度新闻,install 人民日报, install 学习强国, install 哔哩哔哩, install 抖音, with a lot of pop up ads. Some features not available overseas. Or use web browser at least no need VPN.

And then it is followed by "NO USE" !!! [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Hypersonic

5250323219_c76d2ca3cb.jpg

Huawei is just the starting,  now all the senior management of xiaomi,  OPPO and lenovo must be all recalled back for urgent meeting liao.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

With the strong slogan from Xi's "国进民退“ in recent years, and forcing enterprises to sell stakes to the gov, it might just provide the  weakest link for ang moh to hammer these other chinese enterprises to pressure Xi.  :wacko:

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

"Huawei Technologies Co Ltd will immediately lose access to updates to the Android operating system, and the next version of its smartphones outside of China will also lose access to popular applications and services including the Google Play Store and Gmail app."

Simply means current users and those new models floating in the market now can carry on using without any updates to the Android operating system and app stores. New phone models like your P40, P40 pro, mate 40 and mate 40 pro ( i assume the models update names in such a way) will become '是不是" phones only. 

I am wondering, so there will be no more updates to all apps in the google play store as well for current users? 

Without Android OS, its as good as dead outside of China.  -_-  [laugh]  [laugh]

Those who already have P30, will be stucked with Android Pie, no more updates from Google. 

Newer models from Huawei will , my guess, will be like Xiaomi's China ROM. No Google Play services and other google stuff. But can side load them with abit of online search for help.  Someone will eventually figure how to doo it on the Huaweis.

Turbocharged

Time to watch show... This will beginning of iceberg. Consumer will suffer, the Chinese won't go lying down. Probably no US product can go into CN, factory can shutdown also...

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Those who already have P30, will be stucked with Android Pie, no more updates from Google. 

Newer models from Huawei will , my guess, will be like Xiaomi's China ROM. No Google Play services and other google stuff. But can side load them with abit of online search for help.  Someone will eventually figure how to doo it on the Huaweis.

With our change phone every 2 years lifestyle, I think unlikely will effect us here too much for now. 

Things are not final yet, if Xi give in, or trump loses next election, event may just u turn again.  But China phones will never be able to command such high price again I think. For sure someone will come out with some ways to get ard it, but the question is, is it worth it to pay a premium for it anymore. 

The Chinese has been pricing their products upmarket, mayb its time to do a price correction.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Rising of neo-Maoism, the very thing that Bo Xilai was accused for. Too bad, Li Keqiang and his technocrat team did not rise to power as predicted by most economists. If he's not careful he will also be gone soon. 

Li likely knew what was cooking, he has been quite low profile lately I think. 

Actually i kind of like what is happening. I think no other POTUS would be able to handle the current mighty crazy Xi.

It takes a mad man to handle a crazy man, because they both do things no one else dare to do.. Without trump the mad man, I cannot imagine what the world will soon become with the growing wealth and power of Xi the crazy man. 

Very interesting ....  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 4

I read that existing user still can have access to Google, but no more updates from Google like security patches.

And Android upgraded versions......

Hypersonic

Time to watch show... This will beginning of iceberg. Consumer will suffer, the Chinese won't go lying down. Probably no US product can go into CN, factory can shutdown also...

"面子问题", I think Xi wont take it sitting down without at least trying to hit back. The huawei thingy has been going on for a while, so at least not as unreasonable to see what came from trump, but China has not created any major issue with USA products recently, so they may have to start looking for trouble with some products from USA first. 

USA did not ban chinese products, so for Xi to do that is quite unreasonable, and may just give trump another reason to do the same to chinese products as well. Not so wise I think, but Xi is just as crazy, so no one thing is logical to him also. 

China guys do business in USA is quite easy, ang moh do business in china has always been tough. If really  both size play a full pull out game, I think china will suffer more than USA.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement