Google suspends business with Huawei

RadX

Turbocharged

Wow, i switch from yahoo search to Google many years back. Look like need to switch soon. I don't like being told what i can and cannot leh

↡ Advertisement

just wondering after HW...which MIC brand will be the next? :slow:

人怕出名,猪怕肥。I guess the huge success of HW in the recent years (especially last year) has make it an open target for Trump administration.

Same as in the corporate world, it is sometime better to keep low profile...

Wow, i switch from yahoo search to Google many years back. Look like need to switch soon. I don't like being told what i can and cannot leh

It is not as simple as no Google search and other functions, but the lost of right to use the Google ecosystem (Android). With most of the mobile apps written basing on Android, even if HW mange to come up with their own OS immediately, most, if not all mobile apps will have to be redeveloped to suit HW OS.

• Praise 7

Hypersonic

围攻光明顶。。。。 [:p][laugh]

now I think lenovo starting to sit up straight and thinking hard liao, " will I be next on the line?"... [:/][laugh]

Where is 张无忌?

Twincharged

Foxconn (apple's main subcon) employs close to 1 million people directly or indirectly in china. 

So not so simpur...

And terry gou is running for TW president. And he's more CN friendly.

I don't think politically they will target apple directly.

as above

apple setup plant in India liao.. so waiting for women right activist to say Rape capital and boycott

Gg... nail to the coffin

Intel, Qualcomm join Google in cutting off business with Huawei

https://www.androidauthority.com/intel-qualcomm-huawei-988011/

looks like a united front or Force merger ?

Twincharged

It is one of those export control thingy.

Google has to follow.

It is the US govt flavour of the day.

You can also sue them.

Or wait for the next govt to overturn this.

No way the next us govt will u turn just like that.

This has cross party support. And I suspect many Americans too.

Also, many other countries are arm chio now after ALL the problems they face with China commercially and politically.

The debate of the next us election will almost certainly be about who can be tougher on China.. regardless of dem or rep.

Hypersonic

Huawei is just the starting, now all the senior management of xiaomi, OPPO and lenovo must be all recalled back for urgent meeting liao. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

With the strong slogan from Xi's "å½è¿æ°éâ in recent years, and forcing enterprises to sell stakes to the gov, it might just provide the weakest link for ang moh to hammer these other chinese enterprises to pressure Xi. :wacko:

In the short term this is devastating to huawei. But in the longer term, oppo, xiaomi phones both use qualcomm snapdragon as their main processor.

The only real alternative in the market is made by huawei's kirin chipset. These companies r likely to switch to them. There's no feasible alternative. The only thing is whether huawei can build them fast enough via tsmc.

Should I buy a Huawei smartphone?

Existing Huawei smartphones, like the recent Huawei P30 Pro, will continue to have access to Google apps and services, as well as security updates. But Huawei may not be able to update the Android software to the next version promptly, if at all.

Since most Android smartphone makers, such as Samsung, take months to update the Android software with the latest features, consumers may not be overly concerned about this.

So existing Huawei and Honor models will continue to receive the monthly security patches i think. But not able to upgrade to new Android version

https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/huawei-banned-from-google-updates-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-ban

Hypersonic

just wondering after HW...which MIC brand will be the next? :slow:

The other brands are much smaller.

Li likely knew what was cooking, he has been quite low profile lately I think.

Actually i kind of like what is happening. I think no other POTUS would be able to handle the current mighty crazy Xi.

It takes a mad man to handle a crazy man, because they both do things no one else dare to do.. Without trump the mad man, I cannot imagine what the world will soon become with the growing wealth and power of Xi the crazy man.

Very interesting .... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Xjp crazy?

I don't think so. U don't rise to being the unchallenged leader of 1.3 billion people by being crazy. Ha

Hypersonic

No way the next us govt will u turn just like that.

This has cross party support. And I suspect many Americans too.

Also, many other countries are arm chio now after ALL the problems they face with China commercially and politically.

The debate of the next us election will almost certainly be about who can be tougher on China.. regardless of dem or rep.

Yes. Being tough on China will stay.
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Those who already have P30, will be stucked with Android Pie, no more updates from Google.

Newer models from Huawei will , my guess, will be like Xiaomi's China ROM. No Google Play services and other google stuff. But can side load them with abit of online search for help. Someone will eventually figure how to doo it on the Huaweis.

No issue what? How long will anoriod update the version? Maybe once a year. By the time 2 yrs later, majority of the people would had changed new phone already..

Supersonic

Major blow to Huawei.

Now, they have to make their own OS, supply their own chips.

Everything has to be self-reliant.

I think that's what China wants to, but probably they are unprepared for such suddenness.

But they will strike a blow back to US wanting to sell anything else to China.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Should I buy a Huawei smartphone?

Existing Huawei smartphones, like the recent Huawei P30 Pro, will continue to have access to Google apps and services, as well as security updates. But Huawei may not be able to update the Android software to the next version promptly, if at all.

Since most Android smartphone makers, such as Samsung, take months to update the Android software with the latest features, consumers may not be overly concerned about this.

So existing Huawei and Honor models will continue to receive the monthly security patches i think. But not able to upgrade to new Android version

https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/huawei-banned-from-google-updates-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-ban

Means I buy p30 Pro now I still be able to access Google play service? If yes, its actually not a bad deal to buy one from those online selling cheap..

Major blow to Huawei.

Now, they have to make their own OS, supply their own chips.

Everything has to be self-reliant.

I think that's what China wants to, but probably they are unprepared for such suddenness.

But they will strike a blow back to US wanting to sell anything else to China.

Not unprepared for such suddenness. They already well prepared, it is just that they knew if they use their own OS and app store, a lot of people will not buy Huawei phone already. As all already got used to anoriod phone and changed to a totally new OS and app store? How many people will say no thanks? I believe will be more then 90% of the people. Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement