Google suspends business with Huawei

RadX

Hypersonic

No issue what? How long will anoriod update the version? Maybe once a year. By the time 2 yrs later, majority of the people would had changed new phone already..

Less than a year one major update. Already around 15 major updates in 10 years. Android q should be in the next few month.
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
(edited)

Less than a year one major update. Already around 15 major updates in 10 years. Android q should be in the next few month.

Should not be a major problem as majority of the app in app store or infsct close to 100% of them will support many version below the latest version. So that is not an issue with Huawei phone unless this person still using Huawei phone 3 yrs later.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Eh? Isn’t Lenovo also a Chinese company?

Major blow to Huawei.

Now, they have to make their own OS, supply their own chips.

Everything has to be self-reliant.

I think that's what China wants to, but probably they are unprepared for such suddenness.

But they will strike a blow back to US wanting to sell anything else to China.

Haha. Everything will be rubbish. Like everything Chinese made, there are many different grades. If you want good quality then the prices will Be not too much different from foreign made chips. Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

Will this impact Xiaomi phones soon too ? Hmm...

Xiaomi two main markets are China and India. They don't deal with telecom hardware as well.

Hypersonic

Should not be a major problem as majority of the app in app store or infsct close to 100% of them will support many version below the latest version. So that is not an issue with Huawei phone unless this person still using Huawei phone 3 yrs later.

Usability is not issue for those who paid premium on huawei. My redmi cheap cheap don't upgrade latest Android, I am ok, but still am grateful I am getting Android Pie. But pay the highest still stuck with no upgrade, doesn't feel right.

Beside right now, some shops are not taking in huawei atm making upgrades not economical.

Twincharged
(edited)

No wonder no updates for the past two days already....

Que será, será

Whatever will be, will be

The future's not ours to see

Que será, será…

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

HW should have Plan B by now ...... wont kill them with these few .

[laugh]

The main killer is the parting with Google play store. The rest will not kill Huawei..

Means I buy p30 Pro now I still be able to access Google play service? If yes, its actually not a bad deal to buy one from those online selling cheap..

Not unprepared for such suddenness. They already well prepared, it is just that they knew if they use their own OS and app store, a lot of people will not buy Huawei phone already. As all already got used to anoriod phone and changed to a totally new OS and app store? How many people will say no thanks? I believe will be more then 90% of the people.

Yes. But cannot upgrade to Android Q in the future when its released i think

This is Huawei's official statement:

Huawei has made substantial contributions to the development and growth of Android around the world. As one of Android’s key global partners, we have worked closely with their open-source platform to develop an ecosystem that has benefitted both users and the industry,

Huawei will continue to provide security updates and after sales services to all existing Huawei and Honor smartphone and tablet products covering those have been sold or still in stock globally. We will continue to build a safe and sustainable software ecosystem, in order to provide the best experience for all users globally.

More details: https://techcrunch.com/2019/05/20/huawei-responds-android/

• Praise 2

人怕出名,猪怕肥。I guess the huge success of HW in the recent years (especially last year) has make it an open target for Trump administration.

Same as in the corporate world, it is sometime better to keep low profile...

@Carbon82  hopefully small rice is safe and sound [:p]

last time KoBY and George Seah taught us to be low profile too  [idea]

The other brands are much smaller.

hopefully Donald Duck only tekan 1 MIC brand  [lipsrsealed]  [rolleyes]

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

smartphones are just a part of Huawei's core business lah

their other core businesses are telecom networks, IT and cloud services

with China govt backing, where got so easily defeated

Twincharged

Yes. But cannot upgrade to Android Q in the future when its released i think

This is Huawei's official statement:

Huawei has made substantial contributions to the development and growth of Android around the world. As one of Android’s key global partners, we have worked closely with their open-source platform to develop an ecosystem that has benefitted both users and the industry,

Huawei will continue to provide security updates and after sales services to all existing Huawei and Honor smartphone and tablet products covering those have been sold or still in stock globally. We will continue to build a safe and sustainable software ecosystem, in order to provide the best experience for all users globally.

More details: https://techcrunch.com/2019/05/20/huawei-responds-android/

That's good news, so those who really like to Huawei p30 Pro camera and don't mind of not getting any anoriod version later down to road and perhaps only use for 1 to 2 years. If price dropped a lot. It will be a good deal to buy. So still not so bad afterall..

smartphones are just a part of Huawei's core business lah

their other core businesses are telecom networks, IT and cloud services

with China govt backing, where got so easily defeated

If worst come to worst, still got china so big market. So won't die one. Make a lot less profit yes, but not to the extend of bankruptcy..

@Carbon82 hopefully small rice is safe and sound [:p]

last time KoBY and George Seah taught us to be low profile too [idea]

hopefully Donald Duck only tekan 1 MIC brand [lipsrsealed][rolleyes]

When one become popular, how to lie low profile? Like Huawei become so popular and famous for p30 Pro camera zoom. How can they lie low profile?

Twincharged
(edited)

Lets say watsapp has a new patch to fix a security problem. Would the user be able to patch from playstore?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/huawei-google-android-updates-what-you-need-to-know-11548566?cid=fbcna&fbclid=IwAR2X3dSycGoA31lt5NC4lBYFcVNDjXbJ79RUZ3vCBXER79pEEQJ9fW0g6-g

post-14834-0-11545300-1558350069_thumb.jpg

So I think still can update, if it is update through Google playstore.

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1