• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:59 AM

Andromeda2000
  • Premium member
    Andromeda2000
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I just changed 4 shock absorbers (front are Thai made Tokico and rear are japan made original Nissan) for my Nissan Latio. However, I am still feeling that the ride is still not comfortable (can feel every bump on the road). This is the same as before changing the shock absorbers.

Anyone know if this mean the new shock absorbers are not good or is there something else I need to change?

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:10 AM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

If the same,  likely is the tyre pressure or tyres

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:37 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yeah. Over-inflated tires. Dont tell me you change shock absorbers cos ride not comfortable?

Feel so rich. Or just an illusion?

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:49 AM

Justdaniel
  • Premium member
    Justdaniel
    Clutched
    Author Image

That shows that your car tires are firmly gripping the road. That is good. Did you installed strut bars into your rides?

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:26 PM

Andromeda2000
  • Premium member
    Andromeda2000
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Yeah. Over-inflated tires. Dont tell me you change shock absorbers cos ride not comfortable?

Yes. I change because ride not comfortable and the shock absorbers are 11 years old already. 😅

That shows that your car tires are firmly gripping the road. That is good. Did you installed strut bars into your rides?

No. I didn't install strut bars. Everything is stock for my Nissan Latio.

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:51 PM

Justdaniel
  • Premium member
    Justdaniel
    Clutched
    Author Image

I am also driving 12 years old COE car. I have upgraded stiffer shocks and added strut bars. Yes I can hear & feel every single small stone that the tires go over but not that bumpy. I have recently replace all engine mount after 11 years but that does not reduce the bumpiness. I have also did sound proofing at both front and back wheel arch and it reduces a lot of road noise. Identified whether discomfort from the car jumping up and down or road noise. 

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:07 PM

Ichibawa
  • Premium member
    Ichibawa
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Did you just change your ride reecently? Actually you need to specify the symptom that causes you to feel uncomfortable and also describe what has been done to your car so that people here can have better judgement. Your ride may be lowered so no matter how many absorbers you change you will still feel bumpy. If your shocks are still good and you changed them, I don't think that will improve the situation. Have your mechanic check through your vehicle and let them advise what is broken. 

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:22 AM

makeanewcall
  • Premium member
    makeanewcall
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I am also driving 12 years old COE car. I have upgraded stiffer shocks and added strut bars. Yes I can hear & feel every single small stone that the tires go over but not that bumpy. I have recently replace all engine mount after 11 years but that does not reduce the bumpiness. I have also did sound proofing at both front and back wheel arch and it reduces a lot of road noise. Identified whether discomfort from the car jumping up and down or road noise.

Just change car mate.

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:42 AM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Yes. I change because ride not comfortable and the shock absorbers are 11 years old already. 😅
No. I didn't install strut bars. Everything is stock for my Nissan Latio.

You can consider comfort tyres too. 

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:48 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Latio and Sylphy springs (suspension) are soft. You need to change to stiffer ones.

Posted 08 June 2019 - 07:07 PM

Phluvcat
  • Premium member
    Phluvcat
    6th Gear
    Author Image

TS check your bushings too.

You feel anything wrong with your handling or not?  Your steering...consistent?  You should be able to feel all these through your hands.

:)

My suspensions leak and bushing gone, now awaiting replacement.  It is not a pleasant ride at the moment.

"Man falls from the pursuit of the ideal of plan living and high thinking the moment he wants to multiply his daily wants. Man's happiness really lies in contentment." "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated." "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." "There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed." "There is more to life than increasing its speed." "You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind."

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Bilstein B6

Bilstein B6  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by CRUZERSEE  |  Neutral Newbie

Very comfortable ride after replacing from spoilt B4

Replaced mine at Prowerkz Garage. Recommended by Nick. Very worth and comfortable drive. My stock was a B4 and personally feel too soft and bumpy. Have mine checked and noticed leaks. Since gonna need replacement might as well go for a better... » Read More

Koni STR.T Damper

Koni STR.T Damper  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by AlainDupuis  |  3rd Gear

Sharp handling at a good price

This review is for the shock absorbers only. My car came with the AMG wheel and shorter springs option. This is my feedback after 6 months of use over around 5000kms. The first thing to note is they are pretty stiff so they are not designe... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Absorber, Coilover

Quick Reply

Tags: shock, absorber, comfortable and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users