You Need 1.4k per old person to meet basic living standard

therock

I forgot to mention, if assuming a person has standard CPFLife, then by age 65 he would get 1.25k from CPFLife monthly, that means effectively he does not need to save so much. But if he has 314k saving, then he would have about 3k per month including COFlife to spend. Of course, need to take care of medical.

T2 bro, you are more correct, thanks for pointing out.

I just go by feel, bro

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Properties are still appreciating assets. Better than just having money.

They are also illiquid assets

Not saying that it is wrong to hold properties as investment.

I did it before and will do it when the time is right.

Like all investment instruments, diversification and cashflow liquidity balancing

Money is for taking opportunities.

Its a must to hold money or have access to money.

Its during bad times that cash is king.

• Praise 4

(edited)

Work hard, get a 2nd property, rent it out and you can pretty much retire without problem.

Those who can afford a 2nd property should not be in the 1.4k discussion. Haha. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 5

To each his own

Some need less others more and of course others ...

If nothing else, it brings awareness that we should save so we begin saving and know what our personal needs are

I supposed its also true that savings in bank peg against inflation rate , u actually losing money base on NPV.

More interested in hedge for the future.

• Praise 1

I supposed its also true that savings in bank peg against inflation rate , u actually losing money base on NPV.

More interested in hedge for the future.

It is true especially mathematically

However, there is a price to liquidity and the current price is not high

It always make sense to have spare bullets in any gunfight

Hedging is good but there is a cost and there is no perfect hedge.

Otherwise it will be pure arbitrage.

Huat ah Bros

Ya ya ya. You go Sawadee land rent one landed for $800-1000/m and rent out your hdbee for $2k still got change ya....

depend of which province.

bkk 800 to 1000 won't get you a landed.

chiang rai outskirts you still can built a land (with pool) for less than 60k to 8Ok.

hatyai sing 500 per month can upkeep a family of one adult and one kid with a small apartment unit.

• Praise 2

It is true especially mathematically

However, there is a price to liquidity and the current price is not high

It always make sense to have spare bullets in any gunfight

Hedging is good but there is a cost and there is no perfect hedge.

Otherwise it will be pure arbitrage.

Huat ah Bros

Yeah.. like certain airline who were clueless n hedge on the oil prices

How much is sufficient to stay relevant here ?  our living standard is always high, what we need today to meet the needs and wants will NOT be relevant 3-6 months later.

As simple decent meal of one meat one vegetable is already $2.70, coffee-O siew siew Tai-0.90

How to justify $1.4K a month basic need of Old person/ senior citizens ? to each their own , the above quote is based on one meal, not factoring breakfast and dinner multiply by 7 days and basic monthly groceries, medical expenses ( Silver Passion card on medical fees and MRT transportation to work etc. Barely meeting the living standard.

I urge the Govt of today to analyse carefully the PG and MG are getting the benefits, it barley surviving theses days, let alone be happy in life here. [:(]

(edited)

You are right. My expenses are quite low and should have retired long ago. Btw, I wear a $2 watch from Daiso.

I am working basically just because I need to integrate with society, not quite for the money.

Ahem...

If for food only, I seldom spend more than 10 bucks myself a day, maybe am lucky cos I'm not a food lover, belong to those eat to live only folks.

Also, imho if compare to other ASEAN countries, food in spore is quite affordable relative to what we earn.

Edited by Cheesey74
  • Praise 3

The govt have various schemes to help the needy, beside the PG and MG cards. Do note that it is extremely hard to qualify for social assistance. Afterall LKY has mentioned that Singapore can never be a welfare state. No one can change that, Dun start on the election thing saying you can vote oppo etc

The ultimate winner is still the ruling GOVT. No one can change that.

How much is sufficient to stay relevant here ?  our living standard is always high, what we need today to meet the needs and wants will NOT be relevant 3-6 months later.

As simple decent meal of one meat one vegetable is already $2.70, coffee-O siew siew Tai-0.90

How to justify $1.4K a month basic need of Old person/ senior citizens ? to each their own , the above quote is based on one meal, not factoring breakfast and dinner multiply by 7 days and basic monthly groceries, medical expenses ( Silver Passion card on medical fees and MRT transportation to work etc. Barely meeting the living standard.

I urge the Govt of today to analyse carefully the PG and MG are getting the benefits, it barley surviving theses days, let alone be happy in life here. [:(]

Supersonic

Dont quite understand what the fick you talking about, bro.

And why would my Rolexes disappear unless i sold them?

Thats a shitty formula today, Vid

Rental yields suck.

I realised he's writing rubbish on purpose after he slipped and wrote 1 or 2 coherent posts.

Properties are still appreciating assets. Better than just having money.

Yes , dont just have the money , pass to me .  :D

• Praise 2

Those who can afford a 2nd property should not be in the 1.4k discussion. Haha.

hahaha , thats a True Fact .   :XD:  

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Yes , dont just have the money , pass to me .  :D

I'm a poor man. Need a job. Any work for me, towkay?

since when was he not writing rubbish ever? that is the real question.

I realised he's writing rubbish on purpose after he slipped and wrote 1 or 2 coherent posts.

I'm a poor man. Need a job. Any work for me, towkay?

Have ..... I be the pimp , u be the kuay . Ai mai  ?  U can offer hand job , blow job  :D

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

Have ..... I be the pimp , u be the kuay . Ai mai  ?  U can offer hand job , blow job  :D

Ok but only if your clients are young chio bu :D I can give them the whole package :secret-laugh: 

Supersonic

since when was he not writing rubbish ever? that is the real question.

As I mentioned, he had one or two coherent posts.

↡ Advertisement