You Need 1.4k per old person to meet basic living standard

therock

Supersonic

The overall

There is no need to splurge but to stinge is also not good.

Recall you earn about $100k per yr right?

Its decent for a mid 30s guy.

Anyway,just my opinion base on my understanding which could be wrong

You hv your reasons, of course.

Am not saying its wrong as i respect peoples choices but i feel can be better for you and family

Wah sei....how come other ppl salary oso u know? Coz u both from same hawker centre but he wipe chair earn less than u wipe table izit?...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Wah sei....how come other ppl salary oso u know? Coz u both from same hawker centre but he wipe chair earn less than u wipe table izit?...

maybe an undercover IRAS agent to find out who under declare [sweatdrop]

Supersonic

The overall

There is no need to splurge but to stinge is also not good.

Recall you earn about $100k per yr right?

Its decent for a mid 30s guy.

Anyway,just my opinion base on my understanding which could be wrong

You hv your reasons, of course.

Am not saying its wrong as i respect peoples choices but i feel can be better for you and family

I hear what you say. Actually we are contemplating for me to drive to work next year because my wife will need to start work earlier and I'd need to send the kid to school. But 500$ just for parking makes me upset as my previous workplaces had $70 parking or even free parking!

Food wise, I think I am already eating the best! Home cooked food and hawker food. 

So I said he is another millionaire in the making 是对的。

Must stay in the cheapest rate ward of a public hospital to maximize subsidies.

Eh. You throw one stone in the streets will hit many millionaires la.

We aren't living in 1980s leh.

Confirm, he is the 1st disciple of Sifu @enye

I am a disgrace to sifu. His first disciple but end up so useless.

Turbocharged

Wait for it.... Someone will come out to capitalize on this "information" to justify some policy change.

Dun think they will be so stupid to carry out this measure so close to erection. Unless they dead sure the new citizens will give them their votes OR the national coffers are really empty

I hear what you say. Actually we are contemplating for me to drive to work next year because my wife will need to start work earlier and I'd need to send the kid to school. But 500$ just for parking makes me upset as my previous workplaces had $70 parking or even free parking!

Food wise, I think I am already eating the best! Home cooked food and hawker food.

$500 to park at work is a waste for sure especially since the car is left there untouched.

Thats like me previously, so my 911 mileage was no more than 10,000km per year.

Eating home cooked is great, nothing wrong or bad, but since Singaporean really sad bunch becos we only eat, watch movie and shop for entertainment most of the time, so i was encouraging you to bring your family out for meals for more variety.

Like i say, we all hv our own reasons for doing things.

So you definitely hv yours.

Sorry, i forgot to factor in the increment so your salary should be $120kpa by now easily.

Paiseh .....

Turbocharged
(edited)

Since you stay in Woodlands and the office parking is unpalatable, you may consider selling the car. Public transport is not great relative to places like Japan and HK but it's still ok.

You can always pop you kid on school bus. That's what my mum did for me anyway. And I walked to school after Pri 3.

I realised this is a car forum but keeping a car in Singapore its really pointless financially and environmentally. And you can spend a portion of the $500 on something nice for the family every month. Not dictating how you should live your life. Like Throttle said you have your reasons and we respect that.

Edited by Porker

Since you stay in Woodlands and the office parking is unpalatable, you may consider selling the car. Public transport is not great relative to places like Japan and HK but it's still ok.

You can always pop you kid on school bus. That's what my mum did for me anyway. And I walked to school after Pri 3.

I realised this is a car forum but keeping a car in Singapore its really pointless financially and environmentally. And you can spend a portion of the $500 on something nice for the family every month. Not dictating how you should live your life. Like Throttle said you have your reasons and we respect that.

Wah i know his salary already steady.

You even know where he lives, champion lah.

By the way, SPACE doesnt have what i want. They mostly fabric sofas and the leather ones need to import with $20k price tag easily and 12 weeks lead time. But thanks for highlighting.

Turbocharged

Wah i know his salary already steady.

You even know where he lives, champion lah.

By the way, SPACE doesnt have what i want. They mostly fabric sofas and the leather ones need to import with $20k price tag easily and 12 weeks lead time. But thanks for highlighting.

He mentioned he stays in Woodlands many times lah Brudder.

Space has discount now. Quick go grab that Poliform sofa!  :D

Supersonic

wah. you guys really stalking me.

For Porker, I have to say upfront, I am straight. [laugh]  My kid is 4 years old so no school bus  :a-bang:

• Praise 1

Supersonic

For Porker, I have to say upfront, I am straight. [laugh] My kid is 4 years old so no school bus :a-bang:

Wahahahaaa...Porker reply u and u quickly put disclaimer u not gay. LOL

Looks like your source of income is self sustainable or like a endless burning candle.

I have been saving diligently since my 20s. Some long-term investments in stocks.

Actually I was retrenched in late 2018, and thinking of choosing new career line, so now have to reorg expenses.

That said, your estate maintenance and conservancy is extremely high. Even staying in condos is at most $350-$400 max per mth, more often less than that.

This is for an apt with facilities such as freeform pool, full aircon gym, tennis courts, private lifts for main door and cargo lift for back door, and one underground car park lot next to private lift.

Grounds are landscaped too.

Your figure for estate maintenance and conservancy has to account for the rises as the estate ages. Whatever amount quoted from developer when new will likely rise after couple of years. And the amount also varies according to unit size. 2000 sq ft apts in river valley can pay 1k+ pm in estate management and conservancy.

• Praise 1

I heard from my colleagues with school-going kids that nowadays school bus also expensive $$$

He is single, so by now at age 55 probably save up a lot already if he has been employed all the while. In fact, if my life turned out that way, I'd probably be semi-retired by that age, live off part-time work and rentals from various properties bought from saving by not getting married and having kids [laugh]

Actually saving regularly and starting to learn how to make investments earlier are important. Singapore have many temptations to attract one's money away.

I also had to give some allowance to elderly parents regularly till I was in my early 40s. This was $800 pm, if I remember correctly.

• Praise 1

He from well to do family and pass down from parent  ... pte house , car etc ... 

as long as got budget , no worry with lifestyle 

Actually not so "well-to-do", just average wage earners in an apartment, not landed house. But only my father had a wage-paying job. Mum was housewife and only took part-time jobs after father retired. Both saved alot and were rather frugal. I born in mid-60s.

To save money diligently and patiently, I learned from parents.

But investing advice, I learned from my primary school friend who started as insurance agent and now is financial adviser and trader:

1. Daily living costs can be low, but lifestyle costs can be very high. Know which items you covet are actually liabilities.

2. Don't be someone who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing.

3. If born poor, not your fault. If you grow old and die poor, is totally your fault.

• Praise 1

(edited)

For Porker, I have to say upfront, I am straight. [laugh]  My kid is 4 years old so no school bus  :a-bang:

Your work area must be very atas to charge so high for parking .......  -_-

But I have different thoughts on driving. If need to , just drive since ur kid still so young . 

Just dont buy coupe ... 

Btw , u see T2 in WL ? now he work close to there.  :D  

Edited by Angcheek
  • Praise 4

I have been saving diligently since my 20s. Some long-term investments in stocks.

Actually I was retrenched in late 2018, and thinking of choosing new career line, so now have to reorg expenses.

Hey welcome to the party

I was retrenched in 2015

Now still trying to find a permanent job while doing many odd jobs

Good luck dude

To us both

↡ Advertisement