• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
84 replies to this topic | 306 praises

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:29 AM

Anakinsky
  • Anakinsky
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

As above , thinking of getting a 2010 Audi A6 with 1 year depreciation of 12.5 k , mileage below 90K .

Cost 42k , is this a good buy ? Easy to maintain ?

Is the Audi A6 good model to extends COE for another 10 years ?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:36 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

As above , thinking of getting a 2010 Audi A6 with 1 year depreciation of 12.5 k , mileage below 90K .

Better get E class w212
Ash2017, andrewyewkc, therock and Beregond praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:54 AM

Anakinsky
  • Anakinsky
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Better get E class w212

Prefer Audi .. sporty look

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:16 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The only thing I need to say is, do you see any coe Audi on the roads? What about Mercedes vs bmw? One has to pay to be different.

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:21 AM

awhtc
  • awhtc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

No harm renewing its COE if you have been taking care of the car well.

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:27 AM

Amazon777
  • Amazon777
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Audi parts are more expensive. You can compare the shocks absorbers pricing with merc/bmw. But we dont change shocks every year. A6 in 2010 should be the older model, the newer ones are from late 2011 onwards
Volvobrick praised this

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:30 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

trying selling after 3 to 5 years, then you see tears when comparing with E or 5er.

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:31 AM

Macrosszero
  • Macrosszero
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Cheap for what you get. 

Easy to maintain just push to AD to fix.

Not cheap to maintain. 

Not good to extend COE.

The gene pool could use a bit of Clorox at times

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:40 AM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Many Audi A6 in China, so parts can easily get from TB. Shouldn't be an issue. Buy in advance.

I have a spare radiator fan from TB for my Volvo ride BTW as it failed before and I am keeping the car for a while.

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:19 AM

Themman
  • Premium member
    Themman
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Heard some many first hand stories about the infamous gear issues with Audi/ VW cars. You may want to reconsider this move.

I personally owned a VW Passat. Was still within warranty. Total ownership period is 9 months. Send to AD workshop more than 6 times due to various issues. Each time was not really good experience.

Just sharing my 2 cents
andrewyewkc, Beregond, Ichibawa and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:47 AM

Ody_2004
  • Ody_2004
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Heard some many first hand stories about the infamous gear issues with Audi/ VW cars. You may want to reconsider this move.

I personally owned a VW Passat. Was still within warranty. Total ownership period is 9 months. Send to AD workshop more than 6 times due to various issues. Each time was not really good experience.

Just sharing my 2 cents

wow care to share what the issueS? no jokes 6 times in 9 months..

Thaiyotakamli and andrewyewkc praised this

Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:44 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

A6 is an underrated & comfy car and not as ubiquitous as the 5 or E

But pre-2016 A6s were using CVT which i would not recommend

The 7-spd wet clutch DSG on post-2016 cars is excellent. Smooth, responsive and problem-free. Don't be put off by those horror DSG stories. Those were probably the dry clutch 7-spd on lower spec cars. B4 my current A6, i had a GTI using wet clutch 6-spd and it was excellent
Jamesc praised this

Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:49 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I would personally stick to conventional auto - Asin, ZF (especially the 8 speed) etc.

Won't risk with a DSG especially if keeping beyond 10 years and losing the PARF.
andrewyewkc and Ichibawa praised this

Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:55 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Old Audi famous for needs to Top Up Engine Oil...1 Litre Every 3,500km.

Pocus praised this
Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:56 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The Audi A6 is a good solid car. Get this with intent to renew COE only if you have the financial means to maintain it.

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:09 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The Audi A6 is a good solid car. Get this with intent to renew COE only if you have the financial means to maintain it.

Actually i think that goes for any conti car in the last 10yrs. If one just wants a reliable, affordable. old workhorse for the daily commute, forget buying a badge as there are better, practical options out there

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:24 PM

andrewyewkc
  • Premium member
    andrewyewkc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Prefer Audi .. sporty look

No other car will look like the Audi, are you asking about reliability?

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:37 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No other car will look like the Audi, are you asking about reliability?

Actualli hor, someone in MCF oso shared that their 8.5yr Lexus GS450h oso kaputz

So it's not juz conti but rather the more tech and gizmos, the more reliability suffers

andrewyewkc, Lala81 and Tianmo praised this

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:03 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Let's compare 2009 examples with fresh 10 years COEs

Mercedes E200 @ $78,000

https://www.sgcarmar...=793032&DL=3194

Jaguar XF @ $36,000 + new 10 yr COE $40,000 = $76,000

https://www.sgcarmar...=827594&DL=1433

Audi A6 @ $67,000

https://www.sgcarmar...=810457&DL=1120

BMW 520i @ $66,000

https://www.sgcarmar...=822744&DL=3024

Volvo S80 @ $65,000

https://www.sgcarmar...=811182&DL=3415

Toyota Camry 2.0 @ $61,000

https://www.sgcarmar...=818326&DL=2469

Honda Accord 2.0 @ $60,000

https://www.sgcarmar...=824270&DL=1010

Nissan Teana 2.0 @ $59,000

https://www.sgcarmar...=824163&DL=1288

Mazda 6 2.0 @ $56,000

https://www.sgcarmar...=827370&DL=3256

Ford Mondeo 2.3 @ $15,000 + new 10 yr COE $40,000 = $55,000

https://www.sgcarmar...=816157&DL=3381

I would go for either the -

* 4 speed auto Toyota Camry, or

* 5 speed auto Honda Accord, or

* 5 speed Mazda 6 

... for simplicity and ease of maintenance.

The Camry and Accord are more Executive with more refined engines while the Mazda 6 is a little noisy and geared towards that sporty image.  

The Teana is just as reliable but i don't like the rubber band effect of CVT gearboxes.

Edited by Vinceng, 25 May 2019 - 11:20 PM.

Soya, car50, andrewyewkc, Blueray, Lala81, Ichibawa, Tianmo and 4 other members praised this

Posted 26 May 2019 - 12:07 AM

ktkt
  • ktkt
    1st Gear
    Author Image

2010 F10 BMW523i also not bad @ $78,000, pay abit more compare to e60 but much nicer and you can easily see many on the road in next 5-10 years time.

Non turbo engine but higher road tax.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: audi, coe, 2010, extension

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users