Curry sauce is back

Discoburg

Hypersonic
(edited)

every nugget set is allow to buy 3 bottles at $5.5 a bottle.  Must consume within 3 weeks once open. 

I bought 1 because my daughter msg me asking me to buy one. I asked her you siao is it?  But still went to buy for her.  <_<

I dont understand why is it even call a curry sauce?  the only ingredient similar to a local curry is turmeric.  And why do I have to buy a bottle when the sauce is  suppose to be given free with every nugget set purchase? 

How to finish the bottle of sauce in 3 weeks? eat nugget everyday? or use it as dip in every damn food? 

Funny marketing concept, are they expecting that consumers will not take the curry sauce capsules after buying the bottles?  so the idea is to save cost by giving out lesser capsules while at the same time increase revenue from selling the bottles?

but cheapskate like me will end up going to SS and buy their value pack big package nugget ( which taste the same to me), go home toast it up and use the same curry sauce.

Wont be buying any nuggets from McD for at least the next 3 weeks.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 4

Supersonic

Many food stuff nowadays always have to consume within 3 weeks once open de. Even jam also like this. Lol.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

there's some leftover jam in my fridge from last year.

As in it was last consumed last year. It's probably opened from 2017...

Many food stuff nowadays always have to consume within 3 weeks once open de. Even jam also like this. Lol.

Turbocharged

Am i the only one who likes the curry sauce???

But i no like nuggets ever since i learnt of how they make nuggets. Regular fries with curry sauce please.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Three weeks finish means you go NTUC buy chicken thighs then cook curry with it. One time gao tim one bottle. [laugh]

Seriously I dont think I will ever do that.  When I cook curry, I have to get the paste mix from the wet market, and must add curry leaves. 

I buy $2 curry mix and 500ml coconut milk ($2.25), can cook one whole chicken, and taste to my preference. Use the MCD curry sauce to cook  chicken thighs wait I have to throw away everything, MLMLWML... [:p]

I rather just throw away the bottle later...  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Out of curiosity of their marketing plan, I went to check out the volume of the sauce. 

The bottle is labelled 375ml, the capsules printed as 25.5g. Given that we usually est ml same as g in most packaging (although it is not really so),  the bottle would have given us a little less than 15 capsules, and each capsule would cost roughly 37 cents base on $5.5 a bottle. 

The last time McD charge for curry sauce i think was 30 cents a capsule. So now they are selling more products at a higher price, while cutting down on issue of "free" sauce? 

Whoever came out with this plan and price must be given a big bonus at the end of the year man!!!  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Mayb we will see BBQ sauce and sweet & sour sauce coming in the bottle soon,  -_-

Supersonic

there's some leftover jam in my fridge from last year.

As in it was last consumed last year. It's probably opened from 2017...

You still eat the jam now ah?

Hypersonic

You still eat the jam now ah?

no lah. throw away. Or else my wife would have probably eaten it.

We seldom eat jam nowadays.

Supersonic

no lah. throw away. Or else my wife would have probably eaten it.

We seldom eat jam nowadays.

If you buy those gardenia bread, if no eat jam then what you spread on the bread le? 

Supersonic

If you buy those gardenia bread, if no eat jam then what you spread on the bread le? 

Aren't there so many other spreads like butter, marg, kaya, nutella, peanut butter?

Supersonic

Trick question ah?

Curry sauce correct? Since its thread title.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2