• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
37 replies to this topic | 217 praises

Poll: Leather Vs. Fabric Seats (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Which material you prefer on your car seats?

1. Leather (39 votes [78.00%])

Percentage of vote: 78.00%

2. Fabric (11 votes [22.00%])

Percentage of vote: 22.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:07 AM

tudorpapa
  • Premium member
    tudorpapa
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Are-leather-car-seats-better-than-fabric

We can all agree on one thing; it is important to have seat comfort in your car! Just think about it this way: when you drive, you're spending all the time in your car seat, so that car seat has to be comfortable and suitable for you.

However, when choosing a car seat, there are several choices you can make. Leather or fabric car seats are the most popular choices. Anyhow, the real question here is ' ' Are car seats in leather better than fabric '? ' And, we're here to discuss all of this.

So, let's no longer waste time and get straight to business. Let's see the leather and fabric car seats ' advantages and disadvantages.

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 10.00.39 AM.png

I prefer fabric seats myself as it is not as hot as leather. But the thing about fabric is that it gets dusty very quickly. So usually I will standby a magic clean duster to dust away from the dust. 

mcl_wiper_handy_00_img_l.jpg

Tianmo and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Invest in a quality watch. It should always be part of your wardrobe. 

Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:26 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Given a choice, fabric. In tartan/plaid/stripes/cheqs.

P1080521.jpg

gu6td7eme7vnvtdhce3l.jpg

5201114s-960.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com

Edited by Mockngbrd, 31 May 2019 - 11:30 AM.

Tianmo, RH1667, Ichibawa, PSP415, Kangadrool, tudorpapa, BabyBlade and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Garage36.com

Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:58 AM

Ceecookie
  • Premium member
    Ceecookie
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Where is alcantara? Haha
2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:08 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Alcantara is fabric
Garage36.com

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:28 PM

andrewyewkc
  • Premium member
    andrewyewkc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Alcantara is artificial suede so it is in between?

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:35 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Alcantara is artificial suede so it is in between?

Which means it is fabric
Pohhenry and BabyBlade praised this
Garage36.com

Posted 31 May 2019 - 03:02 PM

andrewyewkc
  • Premium member
    andrewyewkc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Which means it is fabric

Yes, yes, it is leatherish fabric.

https://www.belfastt...w-36349666.html

Attached Thumbnails

• gfjhkl.JPG

Posted 31 May 2019 - 03:14 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Fabric is cooler and more comfy but I prefer leather cos easier to clean the stains on it.

:D
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 31 May 2019 - 03:59 PM

andrewyewkc
  • Premium member
    andrewyewkc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Fabric is cooler and more comfy but I prefer leather cos easier to clean the stains on it.

Many years back, my wife, an animal lover insisted on fabric while I wanted leather. After 10 years, with the fabric getting dirtier and dirtier with each passing year, now all our past few cars are all leather.

Jamesc praised this

Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:52 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Many years back, my wife, an animal lover insisted on fabric while I wanted leather. After 10 years, with the fabric getting dirtier and dirtier with each passing year, now all our past few cars are all leather.

Mine is MIL in the back of the car.

hqdefault.jpg

Kangadrool, Pohhenry and Freeder praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:58 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Fabric seats are better for this tropical climate - your bum don;t burn after the car is parked under the sun for extended periods. 

It also holds up to age better and doesn't show those ugly creases.

This fabric seat  is 27 years old.

Attached Thumbnails

• fabric seats.jpg

Kangadrool, Happyrider and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 31 May 2019 - 07:47 PM

Fastfive1
  • Premium member
    Fastfive1
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Haha leather seats. Just in case I decide to have some fun with a girl in the back seat, it's easy to clean off bodily fluid and pretend nothing ever happened there. 

Posted 31 May 2019 - 09:21 PM

Pohhenry
  • Premium member
    Pohhenry
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Mine is MIL in the back of the car.

then confirm you need leather seat liao...after ride sure must clean up  :a-toast:

Posted 31 May 2019 - 09:35 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My BMW M240i came with Alcantara Seats & i hate it... [thumbsdown]  [thumbsdown]  [furious] Even a Base 218i came with Leather Seats,i just wonder what is BMW Asia thinking.?

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 31 May 2019 - 09:38 PM

Pohhenry
  • Premium member
    Pohhenry
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My BMW M240i came with Alcantara Seats & i hate it... [thumbsdown]  [thumbsdown]  [furious] Even a Base 218i came with Leather Seats,i just wonder what is BMW Asia thinking.?

ask liao and was told m sports alcantara more expensive than leather

thats why I gave up the f39 m sports x...

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:16 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

IIRC,  fabric seats promote static.   Zap! 

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:35 PM

Kxbc
  • Kxbc
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My old car was half leather half Alcantara. I love it more than my current car full leather. Alcantara does not burn the skin after parked under hot sun. Grips me well such that I don't slip forward.

Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:16 AM

yishunite
  • Premium member
    yishunite
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Aircon seat is better than whatever cooling advantage fabric seats have. Aircon leather lagi shiok. Put solar film and settled.
2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:22 AM

Fu11thr0tt1e
  • Premium member
    Fu11thr0tt1e
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Usually easier to clean after piak piak at rear seats ;-) most importantly wont stain the seats.

Edited by Fu11thr0tt1e, 01 June 2019 - 11:24 AM.

Jamesc, Pohhenry, Freeder and Uncle2 praised this

Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:23 AM

Freeder
  • Premium member
    Freeder
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Fabric seats very dusty ..
Not advisable for those with sensitive nose..
Nipple leather my fav... sorry Nappa..
Jamesc, SiLangKia, BanCoe and Pohhenry praised this
I'm always learning how to drive...

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: leather, seat, mainteance and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users