Emergency Veh can run red lights on 1 June

Hypersonic

When hear pee po pee po, stop & see lo.

It’s the same practice in a lot of countries.

Exactly, in Germany if hear pee po pee po and not stop car, can be summon.

Can see all car start to shift left right and create lane for emergency vehicles. At traffic junction car will not be moving even green light.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Understandable y drivers do that, to avoid getting into a complicated situation. If I am not wrong Bedok, a bus came out of the bus bay with the yellow coloured box thingy hit onto a poor motorcyclist. The yellow coloured box thingy was eventually removed for that particular bus stop. Dunno true or not or was it removed temporarily.

It hit a pedestrian, not motorcycle. The pedestrian was killed. Occurred just outside the entrance and exit of interchange.

All drivers

Do take note, Anyone can advise if there is an accident involving such vehicles, what is the insurance coverage like?

MHA vehicles (Police, SCDF and ICA) have insurance covers.

Just like ordinary accident, the insurance will view the video cam on the ambulance. If all cars stop to give way and one vehicle continue to move and cause accident, its not ambulance fault but the other driver fault and I believe the driver has an attitude of "I have the right of way" mentality.  :we-all-gonna-die:

That's why nowadays, SCDF ambulance, Rhino and Fire Engine so brightly lighted up and one still cannot see it coming, the driver have problem.  :slow:

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

beat red light very dangerous :slow:

You know what, there is once when I was waiting for light to turn green (go straight), I am the 1st car on right most lane. Then come this ambulance on opposite side want to turn right. Once light green, this ambulance on siren. I continue to step brake to want to let ambulance turn right. But then there are just some knn driver on 2nd and 3rd lane just drive straight and don't give way to ambulance in emergency turning right. It's not just the 1st car, its 2nd, 3rd, 4th car behind all do that. I keep Horning till finally the 5th car on 2nd lane stopped and then ambulance get to turn right. Wtf man these drivers.

Hope people reading this to have the mindset of don't keep thinking I have right of way, so it's my right. Should have the thinking, ambulance on siren, just stop and let ambulance pass turn 1st.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

You know what, there is once when I was waiting for light to turn green (go straight), I am the 1st car on right most lane. Then come this ambulance on opposite side want to turn right. Once light green, this ambulance on siren. I continue to step brake to want to let ambulance turn right. But then there are just some knn driver on 2nd and 3rd lane just drive straight and don't give way to ambulance in emergency turning right. It's not just the 1st car, its 2nd, 3rd, 4th car behind all do that. I keep Horning till finally the 5th car on 2nd lane stopped and then ambulance get to turn right. Wtf man these drivers.

Hope people reading this to have the mindset of don't keep thinking I have right of way, so it's my right. Should have the thinking, ambulance on siren, just stop and let ambulance pass turn 1st.

Ya selfish Singapore drivers. Can only curse that they suffer the same fate and maybe they die in the ambulance.

Turbocharged

Ya selfish Singapore drivers. Can only curse that they suffer the same fate and maybe they die in the ambulance.

alot of driver drive like race horse.. narrow front view tiah..

Most lack of situation awareness.. 

Turbocharged

Actually, I all along thought Emergency Vehicles have the right of way. Once see the lights, hear siren get out of the way or give way as soon/safe as possible.

Sometimes i see these vehicles stop at RED Lights, it’s such a waste of time if time is indeed crucial/critical.

I trust that this will be done in emergencies and that even then, the driver of the vehicles will still exercise caution (beating Red Lights).

What is so hard?

We are very much behind other developed countries!

Actually, I all along thought Emergency Vehicles have the right of way. Once see the lights, hear siren get out of the way or give way as soon/safe as possible.

Sometimes i see these vehicles stop at RED Lights, it’s such a waste of time if time is indeed crucial/critical.

I trust that this will be done in emergencies and that even then, the driver of the vehicles will still exercise caution (beating Red Lights).

What is so hard?

We are very much behind other developed countries!

we even lose to Malaysia....

You stop, people bang your behind. How then?

Twincharged

You stop, people bang your behind. How then?

Is already red light and when light green, ambulance on siren.

So is not moving at all.

↡ Advertisement