Collecting new car - when?

Davetanch

Hypersonic

can anyone enlighten why there is so opaque and buyers don't get the choice of which day they get to activate the COE...

ADs reasoning like need to spec up the car, etc... can't it be done before registration? not as if an unregistered car can be driven legally or taking up space on the roads right?

Where got such thing?

Usually when the car arrived, SE will call to inform that by which date, it will be available for collection, and we as Buyer will inform SE when we are available to collect.

For my previous ride from Tan Cheong, the car was ready and waited one week for me as i was away for business trip. Car was registered the day before my collection. 

For current ride, SE called and mentioned that car can be ready by Wednesday, and i arranged with him to collect on Saturday afternoon, car registered on the day of collection. 

Of course, to be fair to the seller, dont expect them to keep the car for you for few months lah, few days to a week i do not think will be a problem. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Twincharged

wah, bro, you can remember all the details for 20 years?!

Shows your brain younger than most  [:)]  [scholar]

2001, KM: Car registered on Mon, collected on Tues

2004, KM: Car registered on Thurs, collected on Sat (SE actually drove my car to do solar film after registering it, and clock 80 km on my new car!!)

2008, PI: Car registered and collected on the same day

2012, HA: Car registered at 3:59pm, collected at 6:30pm (2.5 hrs)

2016, VCS: Car registered at 11:56pm, collected at 1:45pm (<2 hrs)

OK to be fair, prior to 2007 / 2008, registration of new car have to be made at LTA Sin Ming office, and as it took time, dealer will normal consolidate and did it by batch, usually in the afternoon, resulted in a 1 day lag. But with online registration, theoretically, it has no lag, once done, can drive out of the showroom immediately.

• Praise 7

Hypersonic

2001, KM: Car registered on Mon, collected on Tues

2004, KM: Car registered on Thurs, collected on Sat (SE actually drove my car to do solar film after registering it, and clock 80 km on my new car!!)

2008, PI: Car registered and collected on the same day

2012, HA: Car registered at 3:59pm, collected at 6:30pm (2.5 hrs)

2016, VCS: Car registered at 11:56pm, collected at 1:45pm (<2 hrs)

OK to be fair, prior to 2007 / 2008, registration of new car have to be made at LTA Sin Ming office, and as it took time, dealer will normal consolidate and did it by batch, usually in the afternoon, resulted in a 1 day lag. But with online registration, theoretically, it has no lag, once done, can drive out of the showroom immediately.

W0w! I can’t even remember which year I changed cars , but ok quite eazy .... every 10 years
  • Praise 5

yes, what u said is true, for the W205 FL, the orders were filled quite fast, i heard 3wks to 1 month

but prior to the FL, on average is 4-5 month (W205)

even now, GLA is about 6 months, i have heard GLC is 9 months waiting time (no joke) dun believe you can go to the mercs chat / forumn

like what they always say, the Brand sells by itself, no need SE

SE just do paperwork

Since SE only do paperwork, at least employ chio SEs...

Most in SGP cmi except maybe abt 1-2 per AD..

Sad Truth..

• Praise 6

Coz it will be admin nightmare.. and it take up space in their warehouse..

Imagine the AD/PI agreed the trade in car at X value.. u tell them wait until end of year then u wana reg yr new car.. whos is gonna pay them the loss for the few months of depreciation.. plus the opp cost to store ur car in the place..

not talking about wait for months and game COE kind...

but rather register Monday but only deliver on Thursday kind... 3 days of usage according to insurance company also quite a lot right.

not talking about wait for months and game COE kind...

but rather register Monday but only deliver on Thursday kind... 3 days of usage according to insurance company also quite a lot right.

Ermm ur qns was abt chosing e day of registration no?

I agreed all e stuff (e.g. solar film, camera, ertc.) shld be done before they reg e car and not reg then expect e customer to wait three days then collect coz they need to drive ard n do all those.. n within 1-3days is still ok.. but not more than tat

↡ Advertisement