COE Bidding – 1st Round of June 2019

Carbon82

For the 1st 3 months of the year, Cat A (5 year renewal plus 10 year renewal) is 9,929, which is higher than a typical 3-month Cat A quota of around 9,000.  The respective figures for Cat B is 7,499 and 7,000.  It means that the COE quota for Cat A and Cat B in the next few quarters will plunge sharply.

1. More people renewed coe,

2. and more people rushing to the showroom to buy car (i presume is to buy a new car).

3. Both the demand for old car and new car increased.

Which of the above is the more correct representation of the current situation in the car market.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Dun wry they bloody smart.

COE drop 9k, most of the ADs drop 4k and left 5k for buffer. So if CAT A go above 30k they wont die.

ADs are not stupid also, they buffer nice nice de.

If CAT A go to 30k, they will just say "COE increase but prices stay the same!!! Hurry before they rise again".

This is damn funny but super real!! Lol.

My view is that more people renew their old car COE is mostly because they feel 'poor' and 'unable' to afford a new car.

The general feeling is that these car owners are able to afford new cars ten years ago, but are now somehow financially not able to.

Might be a reflection of more people falling in a economic situation where they cannot afford luxuries like before.

your analysis is correct.

I cannot a new car now at this price.

ten year again I bought my new car with coe $4000.

I am retiring soon, have to save up for my golden years ahead.

• Praise 3

economy is not good actually.  Mild recession may be coming too.  Trade wars,  Jobs are not secured or taken by foreigners.

Like many said, 10 15 years ago many still working well can afford cars, afford as in many actually loan cars.  Now with COE still higher vs then, and people getting older risking losing jobs, how to buy cars?  Can renew COE very good liao.

• Praise 2

your analysis is correct.

I cannot a new car now at this price.

ten year again I bought my new car with coe $4000.

I am retiring soon, have to save up for my golden years ahead.

Car in Spore is lose $$

$$ on hand is king. 

Loan to buy a car eats up the savings that you wanna accumulate. 

We in sillypore have sad life

• Praise 6

Supersonic

1. More people renewed coe,

2. and more people rushing to the showroom to buy car (i presume is to buy a new car).

3. Both the demand for old car and new car increased.

Which of the above is the more correct representation of the current situation in the car market.

More people renew COE is correct because LTA statistic indicates so.

More people buying new car will cause COE to go up but there wont be more new car owners because new car is capped by a fixed number of COE being released each month.

KM showroom today quiet like ghost town sia.....

What time did you go? I guess today is last day for tml coe bidding and PH.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

COE prices are not skyhigh.

But growing trend to stick to the old car after 10 years..... abit puzzling.

yIB4vAe.jpgPupeAbZ.jpg

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Hello Grow up lah and Subscribe yourself lor.

if dun wanna subscribe read the summarise version lor. https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=21300&GASRC=sgcm

People dun owe us anything de.

Meaning the amount of COE available for recycle over the next few quarters will be reduced drastically. Some people said it does not matter because those who renewed COE would not compete for new COE since they have already had a car to drive, therefore less competition for COE. I would like to agree because I would not compete for new COE since I will be driving COE car...sob sob....

But is this view true or not is yet to be seen. Of course those who want to buy new car better po pi po pi taxi dont come in to compete for COE.

Edited by Ct3833

Demand for transportation for work, family, leisure and emergency will always be there.

Over the long term with higher income, population growth and inflation, the COE should continue to increase if the vehicle population growth is fixed.

I think the demand will come back in July, and coupled with another decrease in COE quota (my estimate 10-15% down), the price will go up from May bidding levels by 5-10%.

as long as people have jobs and not like 08 or 1997, coe shd stay elevated as we are a majority a middle income country...unless we're not allowed to take loan for car.. lol

Puzzling because the re validation is significant with respect to the new coe quota. I estimate this is about 20%-33%.

COE prices are not skyhigh.

But growing trend to stick to the old car after 10 years..... abit puzzling.

yIB4vAe.jpgPupeAbZ.jpg