• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
169 replies to this topic | 494 praises

Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:57 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

PHV is defintely not cheap. Also whether is cheap or expensive depends on a person financial constraint as well.

I agree that it's a per person cost/benefit analysis and depending on situation (family and financial), then a person's ability or desire to have a car changes. 

I would say it's tough to generalise and say it's a sunseting industry.  It could become a luxury niche industry, like luxury jewellery, shoes, or bags, but definitely not a sunset industry.  Singapore has too many millionaires for it to become a 'sunset' industry.  Besides, there is still demand for cars and that is clearly seen by CoE.  If no demand, then all CoE's will be $1.

Also, I wouldn't call Grab/Uber cheap .  I have colleagues that travel from Marine Parade to Central City during rush hour and it can cost up to $30-40 one-way because of surge pricing.  I caught a grab from Robinson Quay to Chinatown and it cost $10, to go <2km.  For sake of comparison, I used to lease a B&B car and it costs about $50/day.  Grab in Malaysia is cheap.  S$5 to go 30km.

Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:58 PM

Privacy
  • Privacy
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i hope for a deep recession so i can buy a FH nice semi detached house....

but that would mean my car will be of low valuation.

net net i still hope for a crash as i only hold a 110k car vs wanting to vet6a 3mil house haha!

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:30 PM

Cheefarn
  • Premium member
    Cheefarn
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i hope for a deep recession so i can buy a FH nice semi detached house....

but that would mean my car will be of low valuation.

net net i still hope for a crash as i only hold a 110k car vs wanting to vet6a 3mil house haha!

Man you are another one who have such mentality

When the market crashes big time and SG or global recessions sinks in, do u think you still have a job?

With no job, you can't even afford public transport fares ah. U need to walk over 20 km just to attend any job interviews

Jamesc, RH1667, Ct3833 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:47 PM

Kodiaqer
  • Premium member
    Kodiaqer
    4th Gear
    Author Image

When the market crashes big time and SG or global recessions sinks in, do u think you still have a job?

With no job, you can't even afford public transport fares ah. U need to walk over 20 km just to attend any job interviews

ahhh...some jobs are recession proof.....

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:14 PM

Superflyguy63
  • Superflyguy63
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

.....hawkers are one of them
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:45 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yeah pawn and hookers.

:D

pawn-shop-1024x683.jpg

ANTHONY_MITCHELL.jpg

Inlinefour praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:52 PM

Privacy
  • Privacy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

when market crashed in 2008 i made record money.... haha please dont assume....there are jobs that run counter to general economy for ur info...

especially in interest rates markets... the more cui the stock market the better for me.....of course it goes beyond that but in general, when mkt cui i make more....

Edited by Privacy, 12 June 2019 - 08:57 PM.

Posted 16 June 2019 - 08:59 AM

Harthen
  • Harthen
    1st Gear
    Author Image

So quiet.... looks like next week coe will drop further.
Daniu82, LinusLoh_1967 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:09 AM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

you are correct but there would still be cash rich people, opportunists who could afford and dare to cash in during recession.

Edited by Ct3833, 16 June 2019 - 11:10 AM.

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:38 AM

Lotr
  • Premium member
    Lotr
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Posted to wrong thread

Edited by Lotr, 16 June 2019 - 11:49 AM.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: coe, bidding, jun, 2019, car and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users