Ms Grace Fu & her Anti-Chope Movement

StreetFight3r

Only one solution for this anti-chope-ing movement.

Remove all tables and seats.

Can only do takeaways and please bring your own food containers.  -_-

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Build bigger HC and install more tables and chairs (but not more stalls) so we can eat in comfort without others staring down while we eat. That's another solution.

Social issues caused by overpopulation....

Where's that infinity gauntlet with power stones? [laugh]

"太多人 leh, Snap 一吓..."

• Praise 2

in fact I did come across a vegetarian restaurant that take orders while customer are waiting line. I did ask the waitres....to cut down waiting time at the table. turn over of table pretty fast though.ð

you look make them lose appetite?

Did they proceed to cook the food, or just standing by the order (preparation)? Wouldn't it be a problem if the food are ready but the patrons are still waiting for a table?

Don't get me wrong, I am not challenging you, but for a restaurant that's able to allow such arrangements, they must be very confident with their staff and their patrons. Good job!

BTW, don't ever doubt the look of our Mr. @mustank OK? He is so adorable... :D :D

1644399.jpg?1558204016

• Praise 6

Did they proceed to cook the food, or just standing by the order (preparation)? Wouldn't it be a problem if the food are ready but the patrons are still waiting for a table?

Don't get me wrong, I am not challenging you, but for a restaurant that's able to allow such arrangements, they must be very confident with their staff and their patrons. Good job!

BTW, don't ever doubt the look of our Mr. @mustank OK? He is so adorable... :D :D

1644399.jpg?1558204016

not sure did they cook the food but drinks were served once we all are seated. Food all out within 10 minutes. we finished our meal all in 30 minutes.
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

They are there for the money, I don't that these MIW MPs are truly serving the people. Sometimes they solve 1 problem but create other problems. Just take a look at Amy Khor's hawker centre problem, PMDs issue and the most recent Teck Ghee hawker centre upgrading but seats are glued on and fasten with only 2 small screws. MPs tell the ones below them to do things but they never check. They just never walk the ground often and understand what the people are doing and need, only come down everytime near elections.

Grace Fu no "ren yuan".in fact alot of our poliyicians same like her another one to mention is Chan chun sing.when they smile u cringe because it looks so fake.i wonder how many of them actually walk the talk to buy food b4 lookin for seats. N wad happens when u have 2 young kids wit u? They shd emphasize more on the return tray n plates counter instead of chopping of seats.shortage of cleaners durin peak hrs if people clear up afeer themselves tables will be freed up faster. Have more plate or tray return counters in full view..

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Using tixu to chope is ok but some strawberries wantonly leave their employee badges (open up for easy theft). I think this is a no-no esp if u are working in sensitive org like Mindef, MAS or Temasek..nowadays our foreign relations are failing and there is a need to guard against external spies or sabotage

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 2

I usually choose the table with chio bu, makes lunch more enjoyable [laugh]

But @mustank kanna with dirty looks liao…

Either was Tiko or siao lang vibes.. ^_^

• Praise 2

Personally I am against the idea of staffs eating at their work station, and so we have a dinning table and chairs in the pantry, they have to eat there if they tabao food into the office. Same reason no food is allowed in all the bed rooms at home, want to eat, go to the dinning area or the living hall. 

I am also not in favor of staffs eating in the office, lunch break is a break from work, there is no such thing as so much work that a staff cannot afford that 1 hr break. Its a break, so break up and go out, even if not for food, its also good to get away from the desk.  ^_^

I know your insistence of having 1 hour break ...... [sly]

Taking desert (  [gorgeous]  ) in one of office vacant room or stairways ...  :wub:    

Layman term "Quickie" .... :we-all-gonna-die:

:XD:

• Praise 1

Hawker centres are not meant for relaxing lunch, drink kopi and chit-chat during busy hours. Want to do group lunch, please go to nice restaurant or cafe.

In the old days, hawkers would rush you to finish and leavr especially if you're occupying tables in front of popular stall. Nowadays hawkers are more gracious but consumers are not gracious. [laugh]

agree, try to have lunch in business district in HK, a small table of 6 can have 3-4 different group of strangers, everyone can finish their lunch within 10min   [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

1644399.jpg?1558204016

The BKT shop opp KSL in JB is like that. You need to order and pick your ingredients then the waiter or waitress assign you a table. At first, i did not know, my wife told me.

I saw a few SG customers kena scolded and chased away from the tables. Also the table you seat at is not exclusively for you only. They will squeeze other customers to your table if it gets crowded.

Clearing of table is super quick once you paid for the meal.

post-2654-0-09021800-1559786649_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

agree, try to have lunch in business district in HK, a small table of 6 can have 3-4 different group of strangers, everyone can finish their lunch within 10min   [laugh]  [laugh]

I think they don't sell desert (Tung Soi) during lunch and that's why everybody after finishing their food, move off. For desert, they have shops selling desert only... :want:

In SG, ppls tend to buy desert and slowly enjoying it after their food at the table and that's cause longer wait for place to sit...  :lll._.:

Hypersonic

Actually my experience is opposite. I find being alone is easier to get a seat, coz more 4 seater  table are not utilised to it's fullest, sure got one seat left if you just ask. 

But with a group it's harder, unless you want to split the group.

2 person at busy coffee shop also sometimes difficult even want share table. [:p]

And yah, I also agree satu orang  is a lot easier to get a seat, but because of  my eating habit i usually get to choose and pick where I want to sit... ^_^  [laugh]  [laugh]

Hypersonic

Hawker centres are not meant for relaxing lunch, drink kopi and chit-chat during busy hours. Want to do group lunch, please go to nice restaurant or cafe.

In the old days, hawkers would rush you to finish and leavr especially if you're occupying tables in front of popular stall. Nowadays hawkers are more gracious but consumers are not gracious. [laugh]

I guess thats why the older hawkers all sibei rude, esp if you take the table right in front of the stall. 

These days must have customer service, so cannot chase openly, can only keep coming to table wipe and wipe and wipe... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Hypersonic

Using tixu to chope is ok but some strawberries wantonly leave their employee badges (open up for easy theft). I think this is a no-no esp if u are working in sensitive org like Mindef, MAS or Temasek..nowadays our foreign relations are failing and there is a need to guard against external spies or sabotage

you never see car keys, house keys, handphones and LV bags?  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Hypersonic

My younger bro was in Japan for a work trip. First day lunch the boss took the 4 of them to a ramen shop for lunch, the 4 stood one side waiting for ppl to clear so they can sit together, but never had a chance. Suddenly the boss stood up from the opposite side and ready to go, the 4 was like WTF!!!

He looked at them and said, what you waiting for, got ppl get up just sit down order, eat and get up, you think this Singapore kopitiam meh. They then realize is OTOT, fire and FO... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

No use one lah... Just look at the potential fines and punishment for PMD, littering etc. But with lack of enforcement, the situation never improves.

Unless everyone can suka suka clamp or fine the culprits and take a 30 percent cut from the fines.

You got my drift

↡ Advertisement