Ms Grace Fu & her Anti-Chope Movement

StreetFight3r

Turbocharged

When Komala's (Indian veggie) had their Suntec branch open I went there and found this arrangement - standing height benches without chairs. You got your food, stood up, quickly ate and got lost. Pretty efficient and the erect (no funny ideas hor) posture is also good for digestion.

:D

hahaha.....I was just kidding with my post....didn't know someone actually did it.....

Maybe it is workable afterall..... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

Long long time, bought my wife to Chomp Chomp. No table in Sight. So we end up sitting on bench along the street and eat tabao food.

That was the last time we visited Chomp Chomp

Walao eh, why you never Tabao back to your mini and hab a mini dinner leh..
  • Praise 1

Ard chomp chomp got 2 other kopitiams, one McD, i think 1 KFC, and some restaurants, never go try those places for seats?  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

That was b4 we had car

this one pocket tissue size, easy to carry, put one stack on the table 真的鬼才跟你坐!!!  [laugh] 

TB1X8wULXXXXXXKXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic

If you put this, I will still sit.  :yuush:

I will take the last 2 digits and the table numbers together......   :we-all-gonna-die:

Huat Ah .......   [smash]  [smash]  [smash]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Got one time asked ration truck to tabao something back cause sick of army food during exercise. They bought back mee pok dry with chilli in plastic bag.

My buddy dont eat chilli so he filled up the bag with water and shake shake shake to drain away the chilli. Eat liao Still can say shoik.

• Praise 3

this one pocket tissue size, easy to carry, put one stack on the table 真的鬼才跟你坐!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

TB1X8wULXXXXXXKXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic

Walau eh must be you lah! Taman Jurong shopping centre. 399 Food court.

post-167240-0-51333100-1560235550_thumb.jpg

• Praise 5

(edited)

The biggest problem with choping is that by hogging the seats with tissue paper, it actually worsen the problem from a big picture perspective. In a crowded food courts (I find this problem worse for food courts than hawker centers), it typically takes longer to decide what food, queue and wait for food preparation than eating. So assuming it takes 15 min to walk around/decide/queue and 10 min to sit down and it. In a 60 min window, a seat could be enjoyed by 6 person eating. But with tissue paper chopers hogging the seat by tissues and considering a tissue choper typically takes longer to eat becos the reason for choping is likely be due to wanting to sit together with colleagues and chit chat etc, a 60 min window end up only serving 1.5 people sitting down (15 min queue plus 10-30min to eat). The capacity of the food court is now severely under-utilised. By allowing first come first serve, the same chair could serve 3x more people. Looking around, at any point in time, easily 50% or more of the seats are occupied by tissue. Wouldn't it be nice if tissue-chopers allow others to sit there while they are away? Why are they so insistent that their tissue paper deserve the seat more than a fellow human being who has bought their food and earlier than them? From my observation, if there is not tissue hogging the seats, there will be zero problem finding seats in most food courts, esp if you are an individual. the problems are actually self-created by tissue seat hoggers. I always find it sad that during a 60 min lunch window, most of the time, the seats are occupied by tissue paper. And I have also seen and personally seen ugly scenes, when tissue paper seat hoggers screamed and chased people away when they found out someone has sat down instead of their tissue paper while they are away. It is really ugly human nature. By "guaranteeing" a seat for yourself even when you don't need it and away for quite some time, you are actually depriving the real needy from sitting there now. Sharing is caring. Letting someone take the seat instead of the tissue paper actually solves the problem for everyone. 

Edited by Icemaiden
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged

The biggest problem with choping is that by hogging the seats with tissue paper, it actually worsen the problem from a big picture perspective. In a crowded food courts (I find this problem worse for food courts than hawker centers), it typically takes longer to decide what food, queue and wait for food preparation than eating. So assuming it takes 15 min to walk around/decide/queue and 10 min to sit down and it. In a 60 min window, a seat could be enjoyed by 6 person eating. But with tissue paper chopers hogging the seat by tissues and considering a tissue choper typically takes longer to eat becos the reason for choping is likely be due to wanting to sit together with colleagues and chit chat etc, a 60 min window end up only serving 1.5 people sitting down (15 min queue plus 10-30min to eat). The capacity of the food court is now severely under-utilised. By allowing first come first serve, the same chair could serve 3x more people. Looking around, at any point in time, easily 50% or more of the seats are occupied by tissue. Wouldn't it be nice if tissue-chopers allow others to sit there while they are away? Why are they so insistent that their tissue paper deserve the seat more than a fellow human being who has bought their food and earlier than them? From my observation, if there is not tissue hogging the seats, there will be zero problem finding seats in most food courts, esp if you are an individual. the problems are actually self-created by tissue seat hoggers. I always find it sad that during a 60 min lunch window, most of the time, the seats are occupied by tissue paper. And I have also seen and personally seen ugly scenes, when tissue paper seat hoggers screamed and chased people away when they found out someone has sat down instead of their tissue paper while they are away. It is really ugly human nature. By "guaranteeing" a seat for yourself even when you don't need it and away for quite some time, you are actually depriving the real needy from sitting there now. Sharing is caring. Letting someone take the seat instead of the tissue paper actually solves the problem for everyone. 

This theory only works if they limit the number of customers queuing for the food to ensure there will be seats after you got your food. The problem is that our hawker centers and food courts are overcrowded during peak hours. Try walking around with food looking for a sear.

Do you need to chope if you go at 3 pm? This is a practical problem only those eating in cheap food centers understand. 

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Actually before the OLs in Shenton Way started this disgusting habit, usually there is just slight inconvenience but everyone gets seats after they buy food, or a big group will assign 1 person to jaga their table, and help them buy food.

Anyway it is what it is today..... not proud of this Singaporean weird habit and certainly glad that it didn't spread to any other countries (as far as I know).

Will scold my children if they try this anti-social behaviour.

Actually before the OLs in Shenton Way started this disgusting habit, usually there is just slight inconvenience but everyone gets seats after they buy food, or a big group will assign 1 person to jaga their table, and help them buy food.

Anyway it is what it is today..... not proud of this Singaporean weird habit and certainly glad that it didn't spread to any other countries (as far as I know).

Agree it is anti social but in all practicality, to assign one person to chop/ sit around to reserve seats isn't much better. We are just very practical people, leaving a cheap packet of tissue is actually clever. Low cost and does the job. Lol

Supersonic

What's the difference between leaving someone behind and leaving tissue paper?

(edited)

Giving groups who chope using a person a pass while frowning on the practice of chope-ing with a tissue packet is not only hypocritical, but also discriminatory against those who eat alone. Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

This theory only works if they limit the number of customers queuing for the food to ensure there will be seats after you got your food. The problem is that our hawker centers and food courts are overcrowded during peak hours. Try walking around with food looking for a sear.

Do you need to chope if you go at 3 pm? This is a practical problem only those eating in cheap food centers understand. 

Using similar logic, those that keep left on escalators are also equally uncivilized. 

During peak period, standing on both sides is the most efficient way even if everyone doesn't walk. Standing on just one side also increases wear and tear.

↡ Advertisement