• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
24 replies to this topic | 30 praises

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:16 PM

Yymail22
  • Yymail22
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Having used top-load machine for more than 15 years, would like to try front-loading ones.

I heard that front-loading machines wash clothes cleaner than top-loading units although water usage will be comparatively higher.

Also aware that, in general, Asian manufacturers make better machines than European and American companies. And a couple of Asian makers have recently come up with front-loading washers.

Does anyone have experiences to share about front-loading washers made by Asian manufacturers? Are they good?

Otherwise, what would be a good brand from Europe? Bosch?

Appreciate and thank you your contribution.

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:24 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Yes

Front load uses less water and a cleaner wash too

Been using Electrolux. No issues

Previous machine was whirlpool
Ash2017 praised this
RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:25 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Actually is the other way round. Top load uses more water and shorter wash time. Front loads longer wash and less water. Cleanliness is subjective. If clothes are soiled and lots of sweat, then top load with it’s greater water use might be better to wash off the sweat.

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:28 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Indesit is another good brand

Actually is the other way round. Top load uses more water and shorter wash time. Front loads longer wash and less water. Cleanliness is subjective. If clothes are soiled and lots of sweat, then top load with itâs greater water use might be better to wash off the sweat.

Use pre wash and intensive rinse program lo and cook the clothes at 100deg

Hahha

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:32 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Indesit is another good brand
Use pre wash and intensive rinse program lo and cook the clothes at 100deg

Hahha

Then lppl. Lagi use more water like top load and lagi long wash time. 2hrs? And electricity bill high due to heating of the water.

Btw I use a front load.

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:33 PM

Baleno
  • Baleno
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Front load can only use Low Suds detergent. Got one time bought ntuc low suds but still too much bubbles until machine stop by itself, door auto lock cannot open until bubbles subside.

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:51 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Then lppl. Lagi use more water like top load and lagi long wash time. 2hrs? And electricity bill high due to heating of the water.

Btw I use a front load.

Lol

No le... still reasonable

Anyway oni once in a blue moon I use that mode

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:56 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Btw I use a front load.

u can always use cold wash.

Normal washing, don't need use extra rinse. Unless it's something soiled with say body fluids or long time never wash.

Having used top-load machine for more than 15 years, would like to try front-loading ones.

I heard that front-loading machines wash clothes cleaner than top-loading units although water usage will be comparatively higher.

Also aware that, in general, Asian manufacturers make better machines than European and American companies. And a couple of Asian makers have recently come up with front-loading washers.

Does anyone have experiences to share about front-loading washers made by Asian manufacturers? Are they good?

Otherwise, what would be a good brand from Europe? Bosch?

Appreciate and thank you your contribution.

bosch. almost reaching 6 years.

no breakdowns.

my sis one 5 years, repaired twice by best denki under 5 year warranty. But still running. My sis does 2 loads a day, hence higher mileage.

mum's one 3 yrs no issues.

The lower end made in eastern europe one. But nowadays it's quite a bit more expensive compared to few years ago. I would get LG if choosing asian.

Other brands i won't bother.

Strongly recommend a 5 year warranty by BD for more expensive washing machines.

Edited by Lala81, 05 June 2019 - 04:57 PM.

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:58 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

the obvious different front loading generally more ex.

Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:29 PM

Kxbc
  • Kxbc
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I find front load better than top load. Uses less water but generally longer cycle. Feels FL cleans better too (esp if you use high temp to wash).

My first FL Electrolux 6kg lasted 6 years but it was because I overloaded it with my mattress cover monthly. Otherwise I think it can easily do 10 years.

Currently using a 10kg Samsung FL. Big enough for my needs. Close to 1 year already. So far so good.

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:05 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Asian brand front load, I choose LG, becoz my previous LG lasted 15 years. But certain need replacement, like the large ring clip, rusted and the plastic tube. But LG is as expensive as European brand, that is why I didn't get it. Got a beko brand instead as it was cheaper by alot. One of the very few with 3 years warranty, but 3rd year only parts.
You don’t stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running.

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:08 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

talking about washing machine again? [laugh]

I switch to top load 2 years ago, easy for old bones [laugh]
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:51 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Top load use more water and less clean. Simply because in order for the tube to  spin the clothing, there has to be enough water to float all the clothes, and because the clothes are floating in water, there is little "rubbing effect" when the tube is spinning back and forth.

For front loading, first the water usage is low because there is no need to fill up the whole tube, the clothes get thrown around in the tube when the tube is spinning vertically, resulting in better cleaning effect, and because of less water, there is more friction and better clothe to clothe rubbing effect in the process of tube rotation. 

I use a top end LG model for years, so far happy with it.  there is hot water function but hardly used.  Sorry i didnt use it, my helper use it, and it is so far "maid" proof, meaning it has been used and...... abused maybe.

Edited by Ct3833, 05 June 2019 - 06:51 PM.

Angcheek praised this

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:56 PM

Ash2017
  • Ash2017
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Yes

Front load uses less water and a cleaner wash too

Been using Electrolux. No issues

Previous machine was whirlpool

you sure

you still look pretty black to me

maybe it is the detergent?

Posted 06 June 2019 - 02:38 PM

Yymail22
  • Yymail22
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Thank you to all who have responded.

We have a fairly good picture of what to go for.
Lala81 praised this

Posted 06 June 2019 - 02:48 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just have to look out for the low water and low power consumption.

One thing to note when using a front loading  washing machine. Use low sud washing powder instead of liquid washing detergent.

Feel so rich. Or just an illusion?

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:13 PM

Twister
  • Premium member
    Twister
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Just have to look out for the low water and low power consumption.

One thing to note when using a front loading washing machine. Use low sud washing powder instead of liquid washing detergent.

Been using TOP for many years.

Very good for indoor drying.

No foul smell even in wet rainy day.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190606_150904.jpg

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:43 PM

Freeder
  • Premium member
    Freeder
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Most importantly, front load washers doesn’t destroy your clothes prematurely..
Angcheek praised this
I'm always learning how to drive...

Posted 06 June 2019 - 04:05 PM

Ronkovic
  • Ronkovic
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I've been using the Miele front load for close to 10 years now.

2 full washing cycles per day - Ranging to kids clothes, normal regular clothes, to heavier stuff like jeans, bed sheets and even curtains. 

Pretty solid washing machine with various settings to suit different materials/cycles/timings, and a honeycomb drum which is gentle on the clothes. So far (touch wood) no major issues with it except 1 wear-and-tear replacement of the washing machine suspension. Another thing I like is that the build quality is great and the outer surfaces do not turn yellow like I've seen on other brands.

For front loads, good maintenance is through ensuring that the rubber gaskets are always wiped dry after each wash to prevent warpage and accumulation of scum and mould. Also, it is preferred that low-suds detergent is used - Usually the most recommended would be Persil.

From other relatives or friends' feedback, I hear the higher-end Electrolux models (Made in Italy ones, iirc) are also not bad.

Posted 06 June 2019 - 04:23 PM

Carbon82

Front load or top load, it is all about physics (just observe what happened with the drum spin), so it is front load machine for me. I am currently using Panasonic NA-120VX6 (~13 months old), very satisfied with the quietness and performance so far. I dare to say that it is better than my previous Samsung washer (broke down after ~6 years) and on par with Bosch (expensive but durable - my 1st unit last me ~10 years)

r9ldV2U.jpg

Washing powder wise, I have been toggling between these few brands, which worked well for me throughout the past 20+ years (across 4 different top load machines from Bosch - 2, Samsung - 1 and Panasonic - 1):

1) Top (green packaging)
2) Max Kleen (orange packaging)
3) Persil
4) Spin

As to which is my preferred choice, I follow my wallet. [:)]

Now using this, which I bought in JB for ~RM28 (5Kg).

rSh3vm0.jpg

Angcheek and Mercs praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Back to Healthcare & Wellness  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: washing machine, front loading and 6 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users