2017 Volvo XC40

Carbon82

for sure... will probably go to Wearnes in the next couple of weeks.

hope it's not one of those misleading promotional campaigns...

• Praise 2

thanks for letting me know!

based on the feedback all of you have given, it would suggest that wearnes is not as upfront as we would like in how they market/price their cars!

can the 2.0L T4 engine can be tuned closer to a T5 spec?  or is it just better to pay for a T5 upfront?

i am not interested in taking the loan, so i guess i would need to negotiate really hard with wearnes for a good price if i really intend to get a car from them...

thanks!

• Praise 1

based on the feedback all of you have given, it would suggest that wearnes is not as upfront as we would like in how they market/price their cars!

can the 2.0L T4 engine can be tuned closer to a T5 spec?  or is it just better to pay for a T5 upfront?

i am not interested in taking the loan, so i guess i would need to negotiate really hard with wearnes for a good price if i really intend to get a car from them...

thanks!

If you Polestar the T4 you'll achieve 200bhp/285Nm which is still quite a fair bit of differences from the T5 engine.

However, T4 on the V40 CC is very zippy and powerful given it's size and weight. As for S60 T5, you can look at 253bho/400Nm after Polestar!  [bounce1]

• Praise 2

hmm... perhaps tuners other than polestar could ramp it up more than 200bhp... but of course that means that the warranty will be voided.

has anybody ordered a V40 T5 or XC 40 T5?  what is the pricing like?

and yes, that's why i'm looking at the s60 T5 with polestar, but my preference is actually for a smaller car, ie. V40 or XC 40, especially if the V40 or XC40 T5 are cheaper! :-)

Supercharged

has anybody ordered a V40 T5 or XC 40 T5?  what is the pricing like?

V40CC only T4, V40 only T2, afaik.

was told XC40 may be priced around $170K (but SE may have inflated the price to push me towards V40CC).

Edited by Eyke

I've heard the $170K may be for the XC 40 T5, but yeah, quite likely may have been to push you towards a model they need/want to sell.... think the reviews for the V40CC are pretty average, so may be better to wait for what you want...

I was keen on a smallish zippy car, hence the V40 T5 (not CC), but apparently that is not available.... sigh....

Supercharged

I've heard the $170K may be for the XC 40 T5, but yeah, quite likely may have been to push you towards a model they need/want to sell.... think the reviews for the V40CC are pretty average, so may be better to wait for what you want...

I was keen on a smallish zippy car, hence the V40 T5 (not CC), but apparently that is not available.... sigh....

the only petrol engine so far is the T5 AWD.

if want cheaper XC40, have to wait for T4 FWD.

• Praise 1

thanks!

This is MCF where people never take loan. Wearnes is quite sticky with internal loan or pay full advertised price.

I got deal my volvo XC60 earlier this year clearance model, with so many T&C loan limit etc .....

Anyway I can't complain much loan or no loan if car dep. yearly less than 15.5k/year for old model XC60 T5 is good deal liao...

Just warning T5 engine FWD, it will spin  the front wheel easily even on XC60 especially I drove RWD car before (W204), this FWD always gave me shock when I made U-Turn on first few weeks drive.

Edited by Knighthunter
  • Praise 3

This is MCF where people never take loan. Wearnes is quite sticky with internal loan or pay full advertised price.

I got deal my volvo XC60 earlier this year clearance model, with so many T&C loan limit etc .....

Anyway I can't complain much loan or no loan if car dep. yearly less than 15.5k/year for old model XC60 T5 is good deal liao...

Just warning T5 engine FWD, it will spin the front wheel easily even on XC60 especially I drove RWD car before (W204), this FWD always gave me shock when I made U-Turn on first few weeks drive.

I have the same issue with my BMW216GT ie wheel spin at the front when taking off quickly and turning at the same time. they say it’s cos of FWD but I’ve driven many Jap FWD and never encountered this before so I find it hard to believe that it’s cos of FWD?

• Praise 3

I have the same issue with my BMW216GT ie wheel spin at the front when taking off quickly and turning at the same time. they say it’s cos of FWD but I’ve driven many Jap FWD and never encountered this before so I find it hard to believe that it’s cos of FWD?

GT is diesel big torque at low rpm, similar pattern like Volvo petrol T5 350 nM @ 1500 rpm will spin the wheel easily since max torque comes at low rpm. I am on 20” standard wheel still must gentle if doing u turn. I wish it was RWD or AWD, but it’s life can’t have it all.

Japanese non turbo max torque comes at high rpm, even basic turbo NX FWD max torque comes at high rpm. So less likely wheel spin during u-turn except if pushed hard.

Edited by Knighthunter
  • Praise 2

GT is diesel big torque at low rpm, similar pattern like Volvo petrol T5 350 nM @ 1500 rpm will spin the wheel easily since max torque comes at low rpm. I am on 20” standard wheel still must gentle if doing u turn. I wish it was RWD or AWD, but it’s life can’t have it all.

Japanese non turbo max torque comes at high rpm, even basic turbo NX FWD max torque comes at high rpm. So less likely wheel spin during u-turn except if pushed hard.

Good n logical explanation tks!

Like u said, we can’t have everything in life. The big torque at low rpm has some advantages as well esp for overtaking, changing of lanes etc if done prudently n anyway, I’m more or less tuned to this issue n so I’m extra careful not to press hard n turn from take off to avoid this wheel spin. Can be scary for those not accustomed to it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7