• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
17 replies to this topic | 70 praises

Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:00 PM

Phluvcat
  • Premium member
    Phluvcat
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

My COE car dun have aux input, which is a no no in the modern times as I cannot play music from gadgets such as phones and ipods, etc.

Hence completed a simple upgrade to improve the flexibility of the existing sound system and make full use of the speakers and tweeters which are pretty decent and good enough for me.

I share my humble and cheapo DIY project with fellow bros.

Appreciate suggestions if can improve the "setup", make it neater or more presentable.  Hahahaha  [laugh]

Cheaporest Car Audio System Upgrade.jpg

Edited by Lightsabre, 16 June 2019 - 10:31 AM.

Tianmo, UncleAtas, Lplater, Genes, Adrianli, Theoldjaffa, BabyBlade and 1 other member praised this
"Man falls from the pursuit of the ideal of plan living and high thinking the moment he wants to multiply his daily wants. Man's happiness really lies in contentment." "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated." "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." "There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed." "There is more to life than increasing its speed." "You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind."

Posted 10 June 2019 - 03:12 PM

Lplater
  • Premium member
    Lplater
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

My COE car dun have aux input, which is a no no in the modern times as I cannot play music from gadgets such as phones and ipods, etc.

Hence completed a simple upgrade to improve the flexibility of the existing sound system and make full use of the speakers and tweeters which are pretty decent and good enough for me.

I share my humble and cheapo DIY project with fellow bros.

Appreciate suggestions if can improve the "setup", make it neater or more presentable.  Hahahaha  [laugh]

attachicon.gifCheaporest Car Audio System Upgrade.jpg

interesting work done for your car.

so with this done, does your CD changer still work?  Or it wasn't linked to any changer at all from the start?

Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:33 PM

Phluvcat
  • Premium member
    Phluvcat
    6th Gear
    Author Image

interesting work done for your car.

so with this done, does your CD changer still work? Or it wasn't linked to any changer at all from the start?

Good question. I actually do not use the CD changer as nowadays streaming music from gadgets is much more convenient.

After I try I will update here.

Previously the CD changer was functioning. There is a empty 6-8 socket at the soffit of the CD changer which I connect the aux adopter.
"Man falls from the pursuit of the ideal of plan living and high thinking the moment he wants to multiply his daily wants. Man's happiness really lies in contentment." "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated." "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." "There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed." "There is more to life than increasing its speed." "You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind."

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:56 AM

Fastfive1
  • Premium member
    Fastfive1
    6th Gear
    Author Image

It would have been better to spend just under $200 for a proper headunit that has bluetooth, usb and aux. While you can save about 150 dollars going this route, this isn't really an upgrade. 

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:58 AM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

This at $88 brand new to me is a better upgrade:

https://sg.carousell...aTizHdU99BRokEa

If look for used ones even cheaper.

Othello praised this

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:24 AM

Phluvcat
  • Premium member
    Phluvcat
    6th Gear
    Author Image

It would have been better to spend just under $200 for a proper headunit that has bluetooth, usb and aux. While you can save about 150 dollars going this route, this isn't really an upgrade.

Hahaha for me this is really all I need base on my usage from my previous car. The only thing I ever use is the radio and aux input (from handphones), not even bluetooth. Plus now I can switch 3 aux sources.

And I do not wanna lose the huge compartment in place of a head unit,got a lot of stuff inside.

😁

This at $88 brand new to me is a better upgrade:

https://sg.carousell...aTizHdU99BRokEa

If look for used ones even cheaper.

I would go for new one if a head unit was the option but I do not want to lose storage area and hey I am now enjoying the sound and versatility I wanted 😁
Heartlander and BabyBlade praised this

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:21 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Taobao has some ciggy plug which has USB input and output via lalio.

For my 1st 2 cars which has cassette tape, i only need to buy belkin ciggy adaptor to listen to ipod classic.

Sdf4786k praised this

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:26 AM

Knoobie
  • Premium member
    Knoobie
    Supercharged
    Author Image

TS you forgot most phones out there does not have 3.5mm audio jack..

Doesn't mean you drive a faster car, you can travel at 70kph on a clear lane 1 with a train of cars behind you...

that is what lane 2 is for..

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:35 AM

Ichibawa
  • Premium member
    Ichibawa
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Since you have an aux in plug you might as well plug in a bluetooth dongle and hook up devices in a wireless manner. 

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:21 AM

kobayashiGT

still can plug into this!

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

TS you forgot most phones out there does not have 3.5mm audio jack..

Inlinefour and Jamesc praised this
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:41 AM

Fastfive1
  • Premium member
    Fastfive1
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hahaha for me this is really all I need base on my usage from my previous car. The only thing I ever use is the radio and aux input (from handphones), not even bluetooth. Plus now I can switch 3 aux sources.

And I do not wanna lose the huge compartment in place of a head unit,got a lot of stuff inside.

😁
I would go for new one if a head unit was the option but I do not want to lose storage area and hey I am now enjoying the sound and versatility I wanted 😁

Hmm what kind of stock headunit are you using? It's not a single din?

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:57 AM

Phluvcat
  • Premium member
    Phluvcat
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hmm what kind of stock headunit are you using? It's not a single din?

Its built-in type, come with the car. If change very troublesome. For me this is the easiest route and still preserve my huge compartment below the audio system 😁

I see quite a lot of people replace the whole chunk (android system). But I am not into super quality audio, its good enough for me.

Posted 26 June 2019 - 01:19 AM

Johnbrown
  • Johnbrown
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I also wanted to upgrade my car audio system. Great experience shared by you. What about the product quality of car audio systems available in Amazon?

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:19 PM

makeanewcall
  • Premium member
    makeanewcall
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Am dekitting my android atoto a6 pro headunit if anyone is keen!

Posted 09 July 2019 - 03:38 PM

Phluvcat
  • Premium member
    Phluvcat
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Update:

Bought a DAP and bluetooth receiver/transmitter all certified Hi-Res Wireless Audio.

The bluetooth device expanded the flexibilty of car audio system. The DAP which has bluetooth, coaxial, LO, PO, etc connectivity, is mobile and I can use it in the car and at home, or any place which can receive stream of music be it wired or wireless.

Now looking for a suitable audiophile app to further enhance the sound quality.

I tried Neutron Player on my mobile, a lot of difference.

Posted 09 July 2019 - 03:46 PM

Kklim
  • Premium member
    Kklim
    Supercharged
    Author Image

My stock Clarion HU has AUX port but can't get it to work. Missing cable? 

Posted 18 August 2019 - 11:57 AM

nineapple
  • nineapple
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

buy a bluetooth to Radio adpater is much easier and cheaper~~~

Posted 18 August 2019 - 02:46 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

https://sg.creative....-blaster-roar-2

pdt-mhl-roar2.png

Worth considering if you want to bypass all those wring and speaker upgrades. Only problem is need to power on after every time the car is started. 

But nowadays with spotify, I can bypass all those irritating DJs and use android auto...

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Tong Lee Wee Auto Acc Pte Ltd

Tong Lee Wee Auto Acc Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by D_orai  |  2nd Gear

I was looking to change my incandescent turn signal light bulbs to LED ones so I chanced upon this shop while doing my tyre rotation at a nearby shop. I went into the office to enquire about the availability of the LED bulbs and the owner of the shop (presumably) tried to find the bulb from the wide collection he had in stock. After which, he claimed that he had the bul... » Read More

ACE 1 Auto Accessories Pte Ltd

ACE 1 Auto Accessories Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by SunnyAng888  |  Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

Would just like to share an unpleasant and dishonest experience with Ace 1.

I bought a car cam with them last year and was told that I would be able to drop by again in future to take out/fix back this car cam onto my next car.

A fortnight ago I went over to took out the car cam and all were good. However I dropped by earlier tod... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Audio System - In Car Entertainment

Quick Reply

Tags: honda, aux input, select sources and 5 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users