• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
30 replies to this topic | 116 praises

Posted 11 June 2019 - 09:04 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

https://stomp.strait...o-negligent?amp

just read this from stomp thought of sharing here but couldn't find the appropriate title.

pain for the baby having to go through such ordeal. fortunately everything turn out well eventually.
Tianmo and Dleodleo praised this

Posted 11 June 2019 - 09:13 PM

PSP415
  • PSP415
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

https://stomp.strait...o-negligent?amp

just read this from stomp thought of sharing here but couldn't find the appropriate title.

pain for the baby having to go through such ordeal. fortunately everything turn out well eventually.

Guess good to start new thread. Cos 2019 news dun put into 2014 thread.

Somemore common tag is "Confinement" only.

Thank me later.

πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Safe ride
Cheers
Ender praised this

Posted 11 June 2019 - 09:17 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Thank me later.

ððððð

Safe ride
Cheers

Hahhaha ya

Started new one

Split the thread
PSP415 praised this
RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 11 June 2019 - 09:26 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hahhaha ya

Started new one

Split the thread

KNN why you never split the breadTalk one?  <_<  [laugh]  [laugh]

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 11 June 2019 - 09:33 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No. 1 rule of hiring confinement nanny, don't get someone who's getting on in age.

The one who did for my boy in 2015 was OK. Was very highly recommended by my maternal side cousin. Then subsequently became a bad one. Was asked to leave early by my friend and also my parental side cousin.

They can't deal with the fatigue and start doing all kinds of shortcuts or taking the parents for a ride.

This cutting teat confinement nanny is terribly negligent. Best is dunno but still insist she knows.

In this day and age, just get the catered confinement food at most. Better off hiring a helper earlier if u can afford one.

Edited by Lala81, 11 June 2019 - 09:37 PM.

Kopites, PSP415, Dleodleo and BanCoe praised this

Posted 11 June 2019 - 09:33 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thank me later.

ððððð

Safe ride
Cheers

thanks. the trend is to start new thread now huh..πŸ˜€

I was thinking of lumping under global stress thread that one sure wont go wrong. hahah
PSP415 praised this

Posted 11 June 2019 - 09:37 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

KNN why you never split the breadTalk one? <_< [laugh] [laugh]

Cos I never see?

Hahhaha
RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 11 June 2019 - 09:44 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Cos I never see?

Hahhaha

nah!!!  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

obese-stick-figure-with-magifying-glass.

Lala81 and PSP415 praised this
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 11 June 2019 - 09:49 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No. 1 rule of hiring confinement nanny, don't get someone who's getting on in age.

The one who did for my boy in 2015 was OK. Then subsequently became a bad one. Was asked to leave early by my friend and also my cousin.

me and wife didn't engage any nanny for my boy.

food wise we engaged Thomson medical catering.

my wife and mom took turn to look after the baby. There were some occasions of disagreements between mum and wife on how to care for the baby. my wife modern English speaking while my mum old traditional practices. Can imagine my mum anguish when wife came home from hospital straight head for shower and hair wash. 2nd day already walking around the house (probably due to her physic as she was a seasond half marathon runner) after One week she and my boy already out to the shopping mall. πŸ˜€
Beregond praised this

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:02 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

me and wife didn't engage any nanny for my boy.

food wise we engaged Thomson medical catering.

my wife and mom took turn to look after the baby. There were some occasions of disagreements between mum and wife on how to care for the baby. my wife modern English speaking while my mum old traditional practices. Can imagine my mum anguish when wife came home from hospital straight head for shower and hair wash. 2nd day already walking around the house (probably due to her physic as she was a seasond half marathon runner) after One week she and my boy already out to the shopping mall. Γ°

Yes. My wife and my MIL also pek chek with each other during 1st kid. Own mother like that already, If my mother involved, sure ww3.
Hence the confinement nanny for 2nd one. I used to be strong proponent for confinement nanny. But it's really expensive nowadays and the service is getting worse anecdotally.
Like the one I hired that eventually became bad. My cousin was so happy with her that she actually hired her for like 2 months initially. Then later on 2 occasions, she hired her again cos she was ill and needed help (even though she only has that one son). Then years down the road, become so bad had to be terminated early twice.

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:36 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes. My wife and my MIL also pek chek with each other during 1st kid. Own mother like that already, If my mother involved, sure ww3.
Hence the confinement nanny for 2nd one. I used to be strong proponent for confinement nanny. But it's really expensive nowadays and the service is getting worse anecdotally.
Like the one I hired that eventually became bad. My cousin was so happy with her that she actually hired her for like 2 months initially. Then later on 2 occasions, she hired her again cos she was ill and needed help (even though she only has that one son). Then years down the road, become so bad had to be terminated early twice.

young couple not staying with elders probably need to get a nanny. lucky for me and wifey there are two mummy to nag and preventing her from getting out of line during confinement period.

Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:12 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thank me later.

πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Safe ride
Cheers

θΏ‡ζ₯δΊΊ,  [laugh]  [laugh]  Appreciate your sharing.
PSP415 praised this
You don’t stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running.

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:56 AM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

my friend had a bad experience with the confinement auntie he hired also ....

came home and found money from his can missing .... asked the lady and lady retorted why suspect its her.

my friend told her, only 4 ppl in the house - himself, his wife and the baby and the confinement auntie.

PSP415 praised this

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:31 AM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

glad to see the baby is healthy and happy now.

Those who are new parents or to be, in addition to hiring a confinement lady or having a maid, it will be good to have a grandparents to help, dont turn down your own parents or in law'soffer just because of generation gap and ideal differences, they are the most trusted helpers in the world. One should count himself fortunate and blessed to have his/her parents or in law to help.
Angcheek praised this

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:52 AM

Beanoyip
  • Beanoyip
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

In western world, no such thing as nanny(not full time at least) or confinement lady to cook for you or look after your baby... the mother do everything themselves..

Kopites and Roadrunner2029 praised this
===============================================
::Disturb the unperturbed::
===============================================

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:55 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

In western world, no such thing as nanny(not full time at least) or confinement lady to cook for you or look after your baby... the mother do everything themselves..

in Aust Asian community there are do nanny service but the fee can set you back 10 to 15k for one month. no stay over.

Edited by Kopites, 12 June 2019 - 08:56 AM.

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:12 AM

Acemundo
  • Premium member
    Acemundo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The one who did for my boy in 2015 was OK. Was very highly recommended by my maternal side cousin. Then subsequently became a bad one. Was asked to leave early by my friend and also my parental side cousin.

They can't deal with the fatigue and start doing all kinds of shortcuts or taking the parents for a ride.

This cutting teat confinement nanny is terribly negligent. Best is dunno but still insist she knows.

In this day and age, just get the catered confinement food at most. Better off hiring a helper earlier if u can afford one.

i have mostly bad experience or heard of bad confinement nannies.  most are in it for the money but without the mindset to do the job professionally......like for instance, the one i hired before, also sleeps more than helping my wife or looking after my baby.  cutting the teat is probably another way of trying to make baby sleep more and then the nanny could sleep more as well.  besides that, i also heard another case, nanny put few drops of liquor into the milk for the baby to drink, also in the hope of making the baby sleep more instead of constantly waking up.

this industry should be regulated, especially the free lancer coming in from malaysia to make quick money.

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:26 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i have mostly bad experience or heard of bad confinement nannies.  most are in it for the money but without the mindset to do the job professionally......like for instance, the one i hired before, also sleeps more than helping my wife or looking after my baby.  cutting the teat is probably another way of trying to make baby sleep more and then the nanny could sleep more as well.  besides that, i also heard another case, nanny put few drops of liquor into the milk for the baby to drink, also in the hope of making the baby sleep more instead of constantly waking up.

this industry should be regulated, especially the free lancer coming in from malaysia to make quick money.

the one i hired. The reason i recommended to my friend, was that she was saying how long it took for my son to drink milk. 

But she still lie in her bed and continued to feed. She said one of the slowest drinking babies she ever met.

When she left, we tried feeding my son from bottle. Took him 2 hrs to finish 45ml.  -_-

Arm literally cramp holding the bottle. That's a 4 week old baby liao.

Bo pian cos the breast milk wasn't enough also.

And she did this every night throughout. And she managed to feed 90mls during that time which is amaaaazing (without cutting teats haha)

but 2 years down the line, kana sacked haha

Edited by Lala81, 12 June 2019 - 09:28 AM.

Tianmo praised this

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:03 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My adopted baby son is fed exclusively with formula milk, for obvious reason.

What we've learned is that if the nipple teat hole is too small and not milk flowing out, he will cry.

When he's fed enough, he will push the bottle away.

How to force feed a baby, I'm not sure, unless you use brute strength ?

I'm not supporting the confinement nanny, but some might just cut the hole, if not enough milk is flowing.

For me, I just buy one with a bigger hole.

Edited by Kb27, 12 June 2019 - 05:10 PM.

Tianmo praised this

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:20 PM

Knoobie
  • Premium member
    Knoobie
    Supercharged
    Author Image

glad to see the baby is healthy and happy now.

Those who are new parents or to be, in addition to hiring a confinement lady or having a maid, it will be good to have a grandparents to help, dont turn down your own parents or in law'soffer just because of generation gap and ideal differences, they are the most trusted helpers in the world. One should count himself fortunate and blessed to have his/her parents or in law to help.

true.. but usually part of the reason is to prevent WW3 as Lala81 mentioned.. 

My adopted baby son is fed exclusively with formula milk, for obvious reason.

What we've learned is that if the nipple teat hole is too small and not milk flowing out, he will cry.

When he's fed enough, he will push the bottle away.

How to force feed a baby, I'm not sure, unless you use brute strength ?

I'm not supporting the confinement nanny, but some might just cut the hole, if not enough milk is flowing.

For me, I just buy one with a bigger hole.

how old was your adopted baby son then? had no problems with first stage teats and first stage formula.. 

usually new born won't push the bottle away

i think the market now to hire a helper is cheaper than hiring a confinement nanny if you look into per month rates..

however not every domestic helper may have experience of handling new borns.. hence people often still turn to confinement nanny..

what if your domestic helper is like the one in below link?

http://theindependen...employers-home/

Doesn't mean you drive a faster car, you can travel at 70kph on a clear lane 1 with a train of cars behind you...

that is what lane 2 is for..

Back to Healthcare & Wellness  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users