Confinement nanny almost kills baby!

Kopites

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/former-actor-joshua-ang-on-how-baby-son-ended-up-in-icu-allegedly-due-to-negligent?amp

just read this from stomp thought of sharing here but couldn't find the appropriate title.

pain for the baby having to go through such ordeal. fortunately everything turn out well eventually.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/former-actor-joshua-ang-on-how-baby-son-ended-up-in-icu-allegedly-due-to-negligent?amp

just read this from stomp thought of sharing here but couldn't find the appropriate title.

pain for the baby having to go through such ordeal. fortunately everything turn out well eventually.

Guess good to start new thread. Cos 2019 news dun put into 2014 thread.

Somemore common tag is "Confinement" only.

Thank me later.

• Praise 2

Thank me later.

ððððð

Safe ride

Cheers

Hahhaha ya

Started new one

Split the thread

• Praise 1

Hahhaha ya

Started new one

Split the thread

KNN why you never split the breadTalk one?  <_<  [laugh]  [laugh]

(edited)

No. 1 rule of hiring confinement nanny, don't get someone who's getting on in age.

The one who did for my boy in 2015 was OK. Was very highly recommended by my maternal side cousin. Then subsequently became a bad one. Was asked to leave early by my friend and also my parental side cousin.

They can't deal with the fatigue and start doing all kinds of shortcuts or taking the parents for a ride.

This cutting teat confinement nanny is terribly negligent. Best is dunno but still insist she knows.

In this day and age, just get the catered confinement food at most. Better off hiring a helper earlier if u can afford one.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

Thank me later.

ððððð

Safe ride

Cheers

thanks. the trend is to start new thread now huh..
  • Praise 1

No. 1 rule of hiring confinement nanny, don't get someone who's getting on in age.

The one who did for my boy in 2015 was OK. Then subsequently became a bad one. Was asked to leave early by my friend and also my cousin.

me and wife didn't engage any nanny for my boy.

food wise we engaged Thomson medical catering.

my wife and mom took turn to look after the baby. There were some occasions of disagreements between mum and wife on how to care for the baby. my wife modern English speaking while my mum old traditional practices. Can imagine my mum anguish when wife came home from hospital straight head for shower and hair wash. 2nd day already walking around the house (probably due to her physic as she was a seasond half marathon runner) after One week she and my boy already out to the shopping mall.

• Praise 1

me and wife didn't engage any nanny for my boy.

food wise we engaged Thomson medical catering.

my wife and mom took turn to look after the baby. There were some occasions of disagreements between mum and wife on how to care for the baby. my wife modern English speaking while my mum old traditional practices. Can imagine my mum anguish when wife came home from hospital straight head for shower and hair wash. 2nd day already walking around the house (probably due to her physic as she was a seasond half marathon runner) after One week she and my boy already out to the shopping mall. ð

Yes. My wife and my MIL also pek chek with each other during 1st kid. Own mother like that already, If my mother involved, sure ww3.

Hence the confinement nanny for 2nd one. I used to be strong proponent for confinement nanny. But it's really expensive nowadays and the service is getting worse anecdotally.

Like the one I hired that eventually became bad. My cousin was so happy with her that she actually hired her for like 2 months initially. Then later on 2 occasions, she hired her again cos she was ill and needed help (even though she only has that one son). Then years down the road, become so bad had to be terminated early twice.

Yes. My wife and my MIL also pek chek with each other during 1st kid. Own mother like that already, If my mother involved, sure ww3.

Hence the confinement nanny for 2nd one. I used to be strong proponent for confinement nanny. But it's really expensive nowadays and the service is getting worse anecdotally.

Like the one I hired that eventually became bad. My cousin was so happy with her that she actually hired her for like 2 months initially. Then later on 2 occasions, she hired her again cos she was ill and needed help (even though she only has that one son). Then years down the road, become so bad had to be terminated early twice.

young couple not staying with elders probably need to get a nanny. lucky for me and wifey there are two mummy to nag and preventing her from getting out of line during confinement period.

Hypersonic

Thank me later.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

my friend had a bad experience with the confinement auntie he hired also ....

came home and found money from his can missing .... asked the lady and lady retorted why suspect its her.

my friend told her, only 4 ppl in the house - himself, his wife and the baby and the confinement auntie.

• Praise 1

glad to see the baby is healthy and happy now.

Those who are new parents or to be, in addition to hiring a confinement lady or having a maid, it will be good to have a grandparents to help, dont turn down your own parents or in law'soffer just because of generation gap and ideal differences, they are the most trusted helpers in the world. One should count himself fortunate and blessed to have his/her parents or in law to help.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

In western world, no such thing as nanny(not full time at least) or confinement lady to cook for you or look after your baby... the mother do everything themselves..

• Praise 2

(edited)

In western world, no such thing as nanny(not full time at least) or confinement lady to cook for you or look after your baby... the mother do everything themselves..

in Aust Asian community there are do nanny service but the fee can set you back 10 to 15k for one month. no stay over. Edited by Kopites

Supercharged

The one who did for my boy in 2015 was OK. Was very highly recommended by my maternal side cousin. Then subsequently became a bad one. Was asked to leave early by my friend and also my parental side cousin.

They can't deal with the fatigue and start doing all kinds of shortcuts or taking the parents for a ride.

This cutting teat confinement nanny is terribly negligent. Best is dunno but still insist she knows.

In this day and age, just get the catered confinement food at most. Better off hiring a helper earlier if u can afford one.

i have mostly bad experience or heard of bad confinement nannies.  most are in it for the money but without the mindset to do the job professionally......like for instance, the one i hired before, also sleeps more than helping my wife or looking after my baby.  cutting the teat is probably another way of trying to make baby sleep more and then the nanny could sleep more as well.  besides that, i also heard another case, nanny put few drops of liquor into the milk for the baby to drink, also in the hope of making the baby sleep more instead of constantly waking up.

this industry should be regulated, especially the free lancer coming in from malaysia to make quick money.

(edited)

i have mostly bad experience or heard of bad confinement nannies.  most are in it for the money but without the mindset to do the job professionally......like for instance, the one i hired before, also sleeps more than helping my wife or looking after my baby.  cutting the teat is probably another way of trying to make baby sleep more and then the nanny could sleep more as well.  besides that, i also heard another case, nanny put few drops of liquor into the milk for the baby to drink, also in the hope of making the baby sleep more instead of constantly waking up.

this industry should be regulated, especially the free lancer coming in from malaysia to make quick money.

the one i hired. The reason i recommended to my friend, was that she was saying how long it took for my son to drink milk. 

But she still lie in her bed and continued to feed. She said one of the slowest drinking babies she ever met.

When she left, we tried feeding my son from bottle. Took him 2 hrs to finish 45ml.  -_-

Arm literally cramp holding the bottle. That's a 4 week old baby liao.

Bo pian cos the breast milk wasn't enough also.

And she did this every night throughout. And she managed to feed 90mls during that time which is amaaaazing (without cutting teats haha)

but 2 years down the line, kana sacked haha

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1