• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic | 11 praises

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:21 PM

Anakinsky
  • Anakinsky
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Car reaching 100k soon , and planning to replace timing belt and wearable items :

Is following pricing reasonable ?

Timing Belt - $300
Water Pump - $120
Vaccume Pump O-ring - $30
Water Flange -$30
Coolant 2 Bottles -$60
Power Steering Oil -2 Bottles $60
Front & rear Absorber original - 1080 ( included labour 240)
Labour -$300

Car model : Audi a6 C6 CVT 2.0
2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:40 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Sounds reasonable for an Audi A6.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:52 AM

awhtc
  • awhtc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If they are working well and do not show any sign of major wear and tear, I suggest not to change unless they are recommended by the servicing workshop.

It is always better to get the original parts from stockist yourself and go to a workshop to change.  Nowadays I don't trust those generic parts from workshops based on my experience except for use and throw filters for cabin air, engine air and engine oil.

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:58 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Audi still using Timing Belt.? [:(] I thought using Timing Chain.. [:)]

PSP415 praised this
Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:31 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Audi still using Timing Belt.? [:(] I thought using Timing Chain.. [:)]

that's what I thought too but I am lazy to google...

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:16 PM

Apple-Tree
  • Premium member
    Apple-Tree
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Er ....... what fix it when it is not broken ?

In year 2000, my car then, already timing chain liao, hearsay, no need to change.  My previous KIA, 238kkm never change lor.

Car reaching 100k soon , and planning to replace timing belt and wearable items :

Is following pricing reasonable ?

Timing Belt - $300
Water Pump - $120
Vaccume Pump O-ring - $30
Water Flange -$30
Coolant 2 Bottles -$60
Power Steering Oil -2 Bottles $60
Front & rear Absorber original - 1080 ( included labour 240)
Labour -$300

Car model : Audi a6 C6 CVT 2.0

Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:17 AM

Ichibawa
  • Premium member
    Ichibawa
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Audi still using Timing Belt.? [:(] I thought using Timing Chain.. [:)]

Its always cyclical... what we currently have in Sg are on chains which needs to be changed if there are signs of elongations or wear. There are belt driven models but those are probably close to or more than 10 years of age.

However there signs that the OEM are going back into timing belts judging from new model release (e.g. Volvo XC60, VW T-Roc, Audi A5, Ford Focus).

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:08 PM

Anakinsky
  • Anakinsky
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi ,

My car only having 5.5km/l for the last two week .

Done some obd logging .. The short term fuel trim 1 graph seems a bit off compare to FT2 .

Is this normal ?

Hi ,

Done some obd logging .. The short term fuel trim 1 graph seems a bit off compare to FT2 .

Is this normal ?

https://www.dropbox....-43-41.png?dl=0

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:24 PM

Scholesy
  • Scholesy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi ,

Is this normal ?

https://www.dropbox....-43-41.png?dl=0

This is after the replacements above?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: audi a6 c6, replacement, cost and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users