US burger joint Five Guys to open in Singapore

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Popular burger joint Five Guys rumoured to be opening in Singapore

Sources: https://www.timeout.com/singapore/news/popular-burger-joint-five-guys-rumoured-to-be-opening-in-singapore-051419

image.jpg

With rumours flying that popular burger joint from Virginia Five Guys is about to open in Singapore late this year, the local food scene has been set abuzz. If confirmed, this will only be the chain's second outlet in Asia. The first was opened in Hong Kong last year to much fanfare and snaking queues. We can expect more of the same in Singapore if the waiting times for Shake Shack are any indication.

The cult-favourite American brand is renowned for its huge and messy signature double beef patty burgers wrapped in foil, fresh cut crispy fries drenched in peanut oil and milkshakes so thick you can eat them with a spoon.

Toppings for burgers are free (a magic word for most Singaporeans), with options like grilled onions, jalapeño peppers, relish and more – anyone can appreciate a burger with all the works. Vegetarians also have options like the veggie sandwiches, which come without a patty.

Instead, they include grilled mushrooms and any other toppings you desire. 

Shake Shack, Burger & Lobster, and now Five Guys? We wait patiently with extra serviettes.

So this is how they are going to filled up all the empty shopping malls. :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

My heart just groaned.

Milkshakes so thick u can eat it with a spoon, fries drenched in peanut oil (those with allergy better beware).

Fortunately, i am not a burgers fan. All that processed meat and stuff will be having happy hours every minute clogging up my system. Not the first fast food and won't be the last to do so.

The youngsters of today are spoilt for choices of fast junk food. Think its a plot to take them out thru their stomach?

• Praise 2

Not much point waiting in queue unless they open multiple outlets. 

Fortunately, i am not a burgers fan. All that processed meat and stuff will be having happy hours every minute clogging up my system. Not the first fast food and won't be the last to do so.

The youngsters of today are spoilt for choices of fast junk food. Think its a plot to take them out thru their stomach?

Yes! More and more please! So say a burger person

Is B & L that good? Wanted to try it at jewel but there’s a queue even at 3-4ish on a weekday afternoon.

Must give a try before commenting. To make sure it's not hype.

It's a burger. What's not to like? The ones here are getting boring anyway.

prc all sell steamboat and ban mian  i think...

These are main course like the ang moh steak and pasta I think.

PRC fast food are 馒头包子, 烧饼油条.... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Twincharged

why no have PRC fast food ah?  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

after ah trump complain copyright infringement and then order the rest of the world to boycott Chinese food also …

he might say the food contains truth serum… and will make consumers reveal state secrets.

In China, got this 蒸功夫 I thought not bad. All steamed and soup set meals. But then again, it's almost equivalent to our double-boiled soup and chai png stalls except they are air-conditioned fast food -style outlets.

14ce36d3d539b600491fdb41ee50352ac75cb777

Tried the one from bolehland 蒸功夫 Bao at Tampines foodcourt...was disappointed...

This one looks like 老火汤 and steam rice type

In China, got this 蒸功夫 I thought not bad. All steamed and soup set meals. But then again, it's almost equivalent to our double-boiled soup and chai png stalls except they are air-conditioned fast food -style outlets.

14ce36d3d539b600491fdb41ee50352ac75cb777

When I was in 晋江, there was a 中华快餐 which is exactly like our cai png stall ( but their dishes is alot alot alot) , queue up order the dishes and find a seat, once seated they auto place a pot of rice and porridge on your table, then the dishes followed in less than 2 min, and yah its air-con.

They even have a 新加坡炸鸡 next door... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Yeah, our cai png is often called 快餐 or 自助餐 in China.

If you're in the Shanghai area, they also got something like cai png-style noodle, basically choose your own topping for your noodle and mix them up. More variety than SG mee pok or Japanese ramen.

If I start a PRC fast food sell 馒头包子, 烧饼油条 but set up like copy McD kind, dont know will toh in 3 moths or not... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]