• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
42 replies to this topic | 135 praises

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:53 AM

Will_I_Am
  • Premium member
    Will_I_Am
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

My Dad asked me to change for him but it seems to be sold out everywhere.

Don't ask me to get from Carousell. Disgusting mark up.

RadX must have bought alot. No need to Q.  [laugh]

You only live once - Enjoy it!

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:18 AM

Spring
Some banks still have so no need buy from Carousell.

Even if really all issued, don’t see the need to buy from scalpers as these notes won’t appreciate much in later years. It’s more for collection. I have lots of commemorative coins from the 80s n 90s n they get tarnished over time. Feel like it was money wasted.
Tianmo, Mzrmazda3, PSP415, Ysc3, Angcheek, Vratenza and 1 Anonymous member praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:43 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I rather keep the old 50 cents

Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:49 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I rather keep the old 50 cents

How much can old 50 cents appreciate ah?

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:56 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I still rem the time the new current $1 coins came out …

I went to the hawker centre and got two of the $1 coins as change for my meal … then I went to buy TOTO with the coins.

the TOTO lady even confirm with me if I really want to use the new coins ??!!

I just told her "one week later, these coins will be everywhere."

money is money and is meant to be earned and spent.

not kept in a stupid album.

Kyrios praised this

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:13 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Money that is cannot use is stewpig
Mustank praised this
Garage36.com

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:16 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The old $20 notes maybe next time worth more, cos it's not v common by now.

The old $25 notes confirmed worth more, as it's even more rare... I should have kept them those years ago when i came across them  [laugh]

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:24 PM

SuPerBoRed
  • Premium member
    SuPerBoRed
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The old $25 notes confirmed worth more, as it's even more rare... I should have kept them those years ago when i came across them  [laugh]

i have... but the appreciation is like 25 for 30ish 

its those defect notes.. or special serial numbers that are worth a whole lot more...  

commemorative notes or coins are USELESS since the volume they print/make is so high... that people buy to keep...
if supply is high ... then how to speculate? IF sgp cease to exist.... thats a different story ... 

Edited by SuPerBoRed, 12 June 2019 - 01:26 PM.

Respect is earned.. does not come with your god damn title..

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:30 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i have... but the appreciation is like 25 for 30ish 

its those defect notes.. or special serial numbers that are worth a whole lot more...  

commemorative notes or coins are USELESS since the volume they print/make is so high... that people buy to keep...
if supply is high ... then how to speculate? IF sgp cease to exist.... thats a different story ... 

Waiting for Singapore to have something like 

https://www.ccn.com/...-for-six-months

to happen here... Then will have chance: MAS sure desperate to replace them, then if can get some of them, will be good...  [laugh]

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:36 PM

SuPerBoRed
  • Premium member
    SuPerBoRed
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Waiting for Singapore to have something like 

https://www.ccn.com/...-for-six-months

to happen here... Then will have chance: MAS sure desperate to replace them, then if can get some of them, will be good...  [laugh]

meah... u dont understand la bro...  high volume mistakes are worth nothing... since so common... 

i came across serial numbers that are all same digits... even a couple where the print is tilted abit 

Atrecord praised this

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:39 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You can always polish your coins.

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:42 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

How much can old 50 cents appreciate ah?

Nothing :(

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:49 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The old $25 notes confirmed worth more, as it's even more rare... I should have kept them those years ago when i came across them [laugh]

Beauty in the eyes of the beholder.

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:43 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

meah... u dont understand la bro...  high volume mistakes are worth nothing... since so common... 

i came across serial numbers that are all same digits... even a couple where the print is tilted abit 

But SG si bey want face, will sure try to keep all/any wrong ones quickly mah, and they will straightaway become not common anymore.

You actually look through all your $$ notes to check out their numbers and the printing??  [shocked]

You the man!  [bounce1]

SuPerBoRed praised this

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:49 PM

Pohhenry
  • Premium member
    Pohhenry
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

How much can old 50 cents appreciate ah?

lion fish 50 cents only 1975 got higher demand

the rest can go Candy Shop buy Lollipop 

PS. must be uncirculated   [thumbsup]

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:52 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Nothing :(

:grin:

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:57 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

this one won't appreciate much, those uncut one worth more.

SuPerBoRed praised this
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:03 PM

Fitvip
  • Fitvip
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

this one won't appreciate much, those uncut one worth more.

Uncut ones are sold at a premium already! How much can you earn? [rolleyes]

Edited by Fitvip, 12 June 2019 - 03:03 PM.

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:41 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

SG50 already had a few sets (sorta forced by my parents and sister to buy) even though i wasn't keen.

Cos my son is also a SG50 kid...

I find it's not much point. 

This bicentennial thing is really can't be bothered.

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:54 PM

SuPerBoRed
  • Premium member
    SuPerBoRed
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

But SG si bey want face, will sure try to keep all/any wrong ones quickly mah, and they will straightaway become not common anymore.

You actually look through all your $$ notes to check out their numbers and the printing??  [shocked]

You the man!  [bounce1]

Lol.. i learn my stuff at those flea market currency vendors...  

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: s$20 notes, commemorative and 2 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users