Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/hong-kong-protests-canada-beijing-rival-groups-vancouver-toronto-11819130

That's a thin line. Dun kena kicked out of Canada regardless which camp.

Safe ride

Cheers

I think majority of hongkie there already obtained canada citizenship.

For tiong think many students.

And don’t think both will tio kick out as canada promote protest and freedom of expression lol

↡ Advertisement

I think majority of hongkie there already obtained canada citizenship.

For tiong think many students.

And donât think both will tio kick out as canada promote protest and freedom of expression lol

Hehe...figuratively.

The police had to stand between the 2 groups of protesters.

No violence, all's well. Once turn ugly, will treat same same as rioters regardless citizens or not.

Thin line always there. Canada and China not so friendly terms these days, thanks to Huawei. Think Meng lady still under house arrest. Sorry for OT.

Cheers

• Praise 1

SCMP article but on Singapore. Don't really know where to put it into, but i think for the discussion in this thread, it does show one reason why we don't have the colonial hangover that some HKer protestors have.

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/society/article/3023155/how-chinas-19th-century-crises-shaped-chinese-diaspora?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3d_nR3X81XrXSAnvRuvg-U46WXMRRVMlPBS-nAkbc2XnJQ-y9IDFrPqbM#Echobox=1566112926

Why do they think the China spy is Chinese? This is just so wrong and racist.

China also employs ang mohs to spy for them like Kevin Mallory the ang moh spy of Raspberry Falls.

kevin-mallory-cia.jpg

Also they say the spy - he could be one of us.

This is also just so wrong and sexist. Ladies can be spies too.

:D

But the bigger issue is why are millions of pure Chinese communist students studying in US, Canada and Australia?

Don't they know these are imperialistic bourgeoisie capitalist running dogs countries where the gov control the media and brainwash people with their propaganda on free speech and democracy and all the other nasty things?

I hope the good students come back not brainwashed and the good looking young ladies not have their nectar devoured by those evil western imperialist males that only want to conquer virgin Asian territory.

I hope they leave the good looking ones intact.

:grin:        

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

Did the article talk about spies? Lol why suddenly reference spies.

Why do they think the China spy is Chinese? This is just so wrong and racist.

China also employs ang mohs to spy for them like Kevin Mallory the ang moh spy of Raspberry Falls.

Also they say the spy - he could be one of us.

This is also just so wrong and sexist. Ladies can be spies too.

Spies can always be bought. $ probably bought more spies than true ideology lol

• Praise 1

No. I don't have much ethnic pride to put aside. As a matter of fact, I am a Baba and I can't read a simple Chinese article or speaks my dialect. I only love fairness and the truth from a human whatever the race they maybe. Anyway, the history I know is the west has not been treating China very well since ancient time. If your history is the truth, please state systematically the facts how the West has built China today. China nation building done by West and not by Chinese citizen itself. Give credits when it is due.

Oic.. I didn't know you were not Chinese
  • Praise 1

seems many people still see things in binary terms, either black or white (no pun intended).

In real life, things are often grey and dynamic.

• Praise 6

Did the article talk about spies? Lol why suddenly reference spies.

Spies can always be bought. $ probably bought more spies than true ideology lol

I clicked on the wrong link and I thought you posted about the SCMP pro Beijing

and pro Hong Kong students clashing in universities abroad in Canada, US and Australia.

seems many people still see things in binary terms, either black or white (no pun intended).

In real life, things are often grey and dynamic.

There is always a middle path.

If we read many of the posts here its all the same theme.

China has all the cards, Hong Kong cannot win.

If China pushes Hong Kong to the edge China also cannot win.

Xi needs to do a Deng. Black cat or white cat doesn't matter as long as it catches the mice.

• Praise 1

The reason we have Brexit is EU kept pushing UK and stop UK from putting any restrictions on UK taking in so many immigrants.

Today the brave EU ministers admit they should have been more flexible about UK having some control about its borders and immigration controls.

Because that flexibility is a very small price to pay compared to a no deal Brexit.

People say China have tanks and a million man army.

What can Hong Kong do? They should just give up and go home now.

If China is stupid enough to send in the tanks and army

China will also lose really a lot.

There is always a middle path.

If we read many of the posts here its all the same theme.

China has all the cards, Hong Kong cannot win.

If China pushes Hong Kong to the edge China also cannot win.

Xi needs to do a Deng. Black cat or white cat doesn't matter as long as it catches the mice.

Very good point

Edited by steveluv
  • Praise 1

Yeah he really total Mia. Hope he's well.

Kopites is a die hard Liverpool supporter and he is very active in Liverpool's thread, but never see him in the recent thread - “Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait”.  Something very wrong, hope he is ok. 

• Praise 1

Kopites is a die hard Liverpool supporter and he is very active in Liverpool's thread, but never see him in the recent thread - “Liverpool Football Club - It is time to end the 30 year wait”.  Something very wrong, hope he is ok. 

Yeah something must have happened. well... such is life.

Given this HK and LFC thread, he surely will participate.

Supercharged

No need to alarm,

Possibly the general anti-protestor mood here angered him, made him emo and he simply divorced MCF in order not to read all the posts attacking his breathen.

He could have been happily spending his time posting and reading on the LIHKG protestor forums.

• Praise 2

1.7M out today? sure bo??? [sly]

170k already alot lol

No need to alarm,

Possibly the general anti-protestor mood here angered him, made him emo and he simply divorced MCF in order not to read all the posts attacking his breathen.

He could have been happily spending his time posting and reading on the LIHKG protestor forums.

Hope thats the case
  • Praise 1

Do you mean China created the "mess" of the British, French, US invasion and japanese invasion themselves up to 1945, like how we blame the girl for her dressing that caused her to be raped?

Then between 1945 and 1978, they were involved in a civil war with KMT, korean war and then the vietnam war. All these wars were proxies. Guess who stirred, funded and supplied weapons at the other end? It's only after 1978 China have some peace. Of course her opening up also contributed to her economic boom, but wars and economy are enemies.

Are you saying Singapore is communist?

Maybe you can make your stance more clearly because I could never understand the point you are trying to make.

Can you elaborate why you think china is "set for structural collapse"?

This is an example of the kind of post I can never understand.

You claim you do not understand what point im trying to make ... but it didnt stop you from making so many assumptions and self answer them to suit your rhetoric did it?

Set my thought clearly since you only like to see one post, twist it and go off on a tirade

1) HK and Macau belong to china

2) Dont condone violence and waiting for HKies to get their comeuppance 

3) China came out of the hole they self dug with (help from the western side/greedy corporates chasing profits) depends on which point you are trying to move. I'm not china chinese.. not going to break my back trying to support either side since i dont have vested interests. 

4) Banking loans sector is set for a consolidation.. @thaiyotakamli .. too many ''banks'' are over-leveraged(officially there are 4 thousand over banks... alot of small banks/financial entities(these number even more) are not priced in for bad debts. If economy maintains up-climb, then all is well. Trade war continues... its a matter of time.. before defaults snow ball. 20yrs ago the problems were already evident.. why its more dangerous now is solely becoz of the ongoing trade war which dont seem to be abating any time soon. 

Agree to disagree.. 

1. Read up on current Extradition Legislation.

2. Read up on HK housing problem.  We have a diffferent set of housing problem.

3. Read up on Basic Law.

4. HKer can go to China to work easily.  Unfortunately, not everyone is willing to move to China.  Similar we can go to overseas to work but not everyone is willing to work overseas.

I am not a HKer but I did read extracts of the bill by independent report such as Financial Tines 

It is important outsiders refrain from giving false information to navies HKers. They are already being used by some individuals.  It is their country and future. The fact will stay. Hk is part of China, thry either enough what they have of be the same as the rest of China.

https://www.ft.com/content/2063019c-7619-11e9-be7d-6d846537acab

↡ Advertisement