Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

hahaha not easy given the limitation typing cantonese on my handphone.

eventually seek my friends in hk help.ð

in Cantonese though..view from thousands protestors that night.

https://www.webstagram.one/media/BzNWpe6AZKv

can't edit the above post.

so paste it here.

【臥底可能】無間斷反間計離間人

以前曾聽說有賊人冒警豈料今天竟有警察疑似冒充市民市民有甚麼好冒充的只因他並非擔綱普通市民而是一名憤怒的市民他手執水刮與雪糕筒衝向警總肆意要抵抗不聽民意的獨裁者奈何被議員截下同時警察便宣告他是同僚。 又有誰能弄清那刻的他是脫下制服的憤怒市民還是像《無間道》中傻強所說的「總之做緊嘢又好唔專心咁望住你嘅就係差人」。有人說這是一場鬧劇但也可能是一場事敗的革命who knows

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

ST report young HKers looking at emigration. Hope they all quickly go to USA where they will be welcome with open arm. Please don't even think of Sg, they will be locked up before they even assemble 5 people. They will also be locked up if they talk nonsense and get sued till their pantz dropped. Then they need to beg with is by the way also illegal here. Sg is not and never suitable for them. I also don't wish to see them here haha

I doubt singapore will be their first choice for migration.

again I said..89 era those capable to migrate already done so.

prior 97 those wanting to migrate also already done so.

you will be surprise at the numbers of Hong Konger holding singapore passport. I can easily name one club "Knowloon club - singapore branch" and queentown baptise church. the sheer number of Hong Konger will make you feel you are in Hong Kong. the above two places i have experienced first hand decade ago. I am not sure about now as many have already gone back to Hong Kong after obtaining citizenship.

Aust (Sydney and melbourne)... it will be a long write up..to share on the sheer number of Hong Konger already there.

now the remaining post 97 all born during that period or after already missed big the boats. One of the main reason you see so many youngsters amongst the protestor. They are fighting for their own future. Some even considering migrating as an option.

I am not putting down our own young kids. I am a Singaporean with a boy as well. however when I look at our strawberry futures generation we are a long way behind those Hong Kong kids imo.

Edited by Kopites

I doubt singapore will be their first choice for migration.

again I said..89 era those capable to migrate already done so.

prior 97 those wanting to migrate also already done so.

you will be surprise at the numbers of Hong Konger holding singapore passport. I can easily name one club "Knowloon club - singapore branch" and queentown baptise church. the sheer number of Hong Konger will make you feel you are in Hong Kong. the above two places i have experienced first hand decade ago. I am not sure about now as many have already gone back to Hong Kong after obtaining citizenship.

Aust (Sydney and melbourne)... it will be a long write up..to share on the sheer number of Hong Konger already there.

now the remaining post 97 all born during that period or after already missed big the boats. One of the main reason you see so many youngsters amongst the protestor. They are fighting for their own future. Some even considering migrating as an option.

I am not putting down our own young kids. I am a Singaporean with a boy as well. however when I look at our strawberry futures generation we are a long way behind those Hong Kong kids imo.

queenstown baptist church is my best friend's wife (and her family) church. There are lot of locals as well.

Traditional down to earth church. Don't think it's all hongkongers. I've been there a few times in the 2000s and when they got married in 2011.

(edited)

queenstown baptist church is my best friend's wife (and her family) church. There are lot of locals as well.

Traditional down to earth church. Don't think it's all hongkongers. I've been there a few times in the 2000s and when they got married in 2011.

the cantonese sermon pastor from hk. they are affiliated with hongkong baptise church. Edited by Kopites

(edited)

hmm ok. my friend's family is english service.

Everyone speak english, no canto accent.

I know got chinese service, didn't realise got canto haha [laugh]

yes in fact this is one of the few churches in singapore with pure cantonese. Many other churches dialect sermon consist of dual dialect; hokkien and cantonese.

I was born at the other church further down the road. coos.

Edited by Kopites

MLMLWML.....

Really, I dont wish for the money to flow here all of a sudden, it will make us even more expensive, housing prices will shoot, COE will shoot, office rental will shoot, food price will shoot. 

Really KNN all up up up.........

And then our turn to go protest liao... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

We don't protest.

We LLST.

• Praise 3

It is very probable that HK is not a top priority for XJP now, maybe not even secondary concern. There are greater problems for him in the midst of the trade war and opposing leadership in the mainland. You can read the People's Daily headlines, and HK is not on the front page. Neither is TW. The so-called "Western propaganda" that you read in SCMP or Yahoo or Straits Times or New York Times won't matter a single bit to the mainland, they are banned anyway.

A 八国联军 scenario is already brewing, not military but economic and information. 

Russia is more or less sitting on the fence, perhaps handling both sides diplomatically either covertly or overtly. It serves not the interest of Russia to take sides. Geo-politically, it serves the Russia's interest for a divided China being their closest neighbour. This has not change from the times of the Csars, and neither changed during the times of Stalin and will not change now. This doctrine has also influenced the Japanese rightists who more or less believes the same in a divided China.

Since the WW2 experience, at the core of US' defence doctrine is the pacific island chain. This includes Japan, Taiwan and the Philippines. This arrangement was targeted at Russia and unlikely will change significantly. In fact, this strategy started much earlier when US bought Alaska from Russia, and made Hawaii one of its 50 states, but strengthen during WW2.

Just stating some geopolitical facts to share.

I know cannot access Yahoo.

For SCMP and ST, they must have separate Server housed in China.

In addition, if you anyhow report news that China think is fake, China server also kenna disturb 1.

PRC rarely read foreign news service even those returnees.

lai lai lai, lets get ready to welcome the HK money, but first we need to learn how to communicate with them first. This video is an elementary to basic HK welcome phases. 

Lets start with the most basic, 

diu diu diu, diu lei lo mo!!!  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Other than diu, there are others you can learn also

• Praise 1

ST report young HKers looking at emigration. Hope they all quickly go to USA where they will be welcome with open arm. Please don't even think of Sg, they will be locked up before they even assemble 5 people. They will also be locked up if they talk nonsense and get sued till their pantz dropped. Then they need to beg with is by the way also illegal here. Sg is not and never suitable for them. I also don't wish to see them here haha

I do agree that for this group of people protesting, they won't even consider Singapore. To them, Singapore is like China - authoritarian, no liberties etc etc.  Anyway, I don't think Singapore would want them either.

I know of some others, who are not protesting, and who are seriously looking for emigration alternatives.  

At the end of the day, Hong Kong is part of China.  China is playing the long game - there is no need for China to do anything now.  Let the Hong Kongers mess themselves up.  Already, since 1997, look at how fast China has developed, with all their mega cities, technology, High-speed rail etc.  Give China another 15 to 20 years, there is a more than even chance that their mega cities will be way ahead of Hong Kong.

A bit like Taiwan today.  I visited Taipei last year on a holiday and found them falling behind, compared to the Chinese cities. Even the Taipei taxi driver admitted that many of their young people are now going to China (e.g. Shenzhen) to work, because the salaries are higher.

• Praise 8

Turbocharged

SG has always been strict with foreigners bringing their local politics here. Don't want to be accused of taking sides and upsetting another country, but more probably don't want the "infectious" idea of dissent spreading here haha

Whats next? Protest at new bridge and hk border with china so that it will be shut down?

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/politics/article/3016616/protesters-and-police-tense-new-stand-site-pla-dock-hong?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1561791789

“Return the harbourfront to the Hong Kong people! No PLA pier!” the group chanted.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I do agree that for this group of people protesting, they won't even consider Singapore. To them, Singapore is like China - authoritarian, no liberties etc etc. Anyway, I don't think Singapore would want them either.

I know of some others, who are not protesting, and who are seriously looking for emigration alternatives.

At the end of the day, Hong Kong is part of China. China is playing the long game - there is no need for China to do anything now. Let the Hong Kongers mess themselves up. Already, since 1997, look at how fast China has developed, with all their mega cities, technology, High-speed rail etc. Give China another 15 to 20 years, there is a more than even chance that their mega cities will be way ahead of Hong Kong.

A bit like Taiwan today. I visited Taipei last year on a holiday and found them falling behind, compared to the Chinese cities. Even the Taipei taxi driver admitted that many of their young people are now going to China (e.g. Shenzhen) to work, because the salaries are higher.

When both have not economy values, the west will turn away their attention but where possible, they will continue to stir shit to unstable asia. Yesterday article on Iran is a very clear example. Imagine a very strong iran and iraq, west where got place to stand?

my post yesterday where I shared police was called dog. tension between hospital personnel and police.

---------------------

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/law-and-crime/article/3016220/hong-kong-police-quit-posts-two-city-hospitals-after

Police have complained about being verbally abused by members of the public after extradition bill clashes during which they shot tear gas, rubber bullets and beanbag rounds at protesters. Photo: Sam TsangPolice have complained about being verbally abused by members of the public after extradition bill clashes during which they shot tear gas, rubber bullets and beanbag rounds at protesters. Photo: Sam Tsang

Law and Crime

Hong Kong police quit posts at two city hospitals after complaining they were verbally abused over extradition bill arrests

Tensions have reached boiling point with officers claiming they have been subjected to online hate campaign

Lawmaker accuses force of putting retaliation above interests of general public

Topic |

Hong Kong extradition law

Phila Siu

Phila Siu

Published: 8:51pm, 26 Jun, 2019

Police have been accused of being irresponsible and putting retaliation before Hongkongersâ interests for suspending round-the-clock services at their posts in two public hospitals, though sources said the steps were taken because officers have been verbally abused and were told they were not welcome.

Tensions between the police and anti-extradition protesters have reached boiling point, with hundreds of frontline officers and their families complaining of a public hate campaign against them, including posting their personal information online.

A petition by medical and legal professionals on Sunday, who accused the police of harassing hospital staff and arresting extradition bill protesters seeking treatment, even prompted the Junior Police Officersâ Association (JPOA) to say the Hospital Authority may as well cancel all police posts in every hospital.

Politicians light the fire.. the folks on the grounds suffer....

Later.. same politicians come out act act, buy, fix, catch.. claim credit again.. go see emperor receive rewards.

Historically a simple spell, but quite unbreakable.