• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
41 replies to this topic | 229 praises

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:59 PM

steveluv
  • steveluv
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Had a good 6hrs sleep on flight nice dinner too

Starter
CsrkSW7.jpg

Duck confit
wdRts4B.jpg

Cheese
TJwpIMw.jpg

Breakfast chose pork porridge
nXxe2tm.jpg

Lala81, PSP415, Freeder, Dleodleo, Tohto, TangoCharlie, Spring and 1 other member praised this

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:12 PM

steveluv
  • steveluv
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Took 1hr and 20mins from Charles de Gaulle airport to hotel in central Paris for a mere 22km, traffic was pretty bad. Anyway was nice to get a room early

Very nice room
AjM0ZEt.jpg

Very clean and classy hotel
TEUmcTo.jpg

View from the window
XHuwq3e.jpg

L4enYNV.jpg

Street of Paris
MDc8jCq.jpg

xmZPyqt.jpg

Came into this brasserie for some food
B7VFrXB.jpg

g4noZqr.jpg

Only serve breakfast at that time
jSzLntM.jpg

UzfQ3R6.jpg

Lotr and Freeder praised this

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:17 AM

steveluv
  • steveluv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Took a walk around hotel area.

PVxwVfm.jpg

6LYG2N5.jpg

TmTB6JY.jpg

zDpFNbH.jpg

A9Z5Prs.jpg

Had dinner here
ZGA0AtB.jpg

Champagne and beer
BiqOEqv.jpg

Had 2 servings of escargot (12 x2)
6u7yaRY.jpg

Finished all - fantastic
UdFn9dA.jpg

Seabream
nPsFrjQ.jpg

Beef
mHQkACC.jpg

Cheesey74, Lala81, Matoonia, Ct3833, Carbon82, Silver_blade, Freeder and 1 other member praised this

Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:56 AM

Karoon
  • Premium member
    Karoon
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

thanks for sharing. i dunno why but that artwork with umbrellas makes me feel happy

steveluv praised this

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:54 PM

steveluv
  • steveluv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

thanks for sharing. i dunno why but that artwork with umbrellas makes me feel happy

Yes brings a smile to everyone.

Pohhenry praised this

Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:19 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Had a good 6hrs sleep on flight nice dinner too

wah business class. got class, travel in style. [thumbsup] I saw a Fendi  bag also. [laugh]

Edited by Ct3833, 13 June 2019 - 09:22 PM.

steveluv praised this

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:53 PM

steveluv
  • steveluv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Typical breakfast here
8GLj3H6.jpg

Coffe to start
5tbFMbL.jpg

opv1Ljd.jpg

Benedict eggs
XqfiRur.jpg

Scramble eggs
JWxzrBZ.jpg

Full breakfast for 2
uaqqFJG.jpg

Paris Metro, its easy to get around in Paris with the Metro
8SKfEjx.jpg

Affordable, clean and comfortable and you can get a station almost everywhere
0O6tVVl.jpg

Station
urWIapF.jpg

Philipkee praised this

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:40 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Take subway better be wary of people standing around you. My colleague witnessed a few black guys pick-pocketed from a white guy and passing his wallet around to a guy outside the carriage when the train stopped. All happened very fast. The guy only realized when the train started to move off. From that moment, we auto put our wallets in the front jean pockets.

Edited by Heartlander, 14 June 2019 - 08:40 PM.

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:05 AM

steveluv
  • steveluv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Take subway better be wary of people standing around you. My colleague witnessed a few black guys pick-pocketed from a white guy and passing his wallet around to a guy outside the carriage when the train stopped. All happened very fast. The guy only realized when the train started to move off. From that moment, we auto put our wallets in the front jean pockets.

Thanks. Coming to Europe must be extra careful. Wife was robbed before at Vienna t rain station before so we learn and extra careful every time. 

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:05 AM

steveluv
  • steveluv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Went to buy a jacket and was pleasantly surprised to be offered a bottle of champagne while waiting for the bill

hw2riMb.jpg

Spent 45 mins with staff chit chatting 

1tLj3zH.jpg

Was also surprised they have a huge balcony for customers who smoke

Seems to have many surprises in Paris

Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:31 PM

steveluv
  • steveluv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Done with Marseille now at the Saint Charles train station waiting for train to Paris. I will post past 2-3 days photos in the train later had been busy. This is where I separate from my travelling companion, she's going to Spain and then Switzerland while I will get back to Bangkok to work.

Basic breakfast at the station
dfoJXzh.jpg

McDonalds auto kiosks, really cool.
Z6tztA8.jpg

DIbXfRa.jpg

LBN83QD.jpg

Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:37 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i love steveluv .... [laugh]
no horse run

Edited by Wt_know, 18 June 2019 - 02:39 PM.

Cheesey74, steveluv and SiLangKia praised this

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:22 PM

Cheesey74
  • Premium member
    Cheesey74
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I also love steveluv threads cos i get to see plenty of traveling photos with both atas and/or interesting places/hotel/food/shopping events which i unfortunately will not be able to afford..

Thanks steveluv n i do mean it  [thumbsup]  ..

steveluv praised this
BSS "From Each His Best"

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:10 PM

steveluv
  • steveluv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Ok it seems funny we had Chinese food in Paris but by the 3rd day we were already craving for spicy food so went to google and found this Sichuan restaurant that opens only for dinner and no reservations.

Went there saw this queue so must be good
p0BrqBM.jpg

We queued for like 20mins
OBSZdr9.jpg

Ordered a chicken and a beef
eX23lYQ.jpg

4dq5vba.jpg

J2JVbVw.jpg

The beef
EE1Xlzv.jpg

j4MHT06.jpg

I have to admit we really enjoyed this meal tremendously because it is very original and tasty. Portion was very big actually ordered too much.

Mercury1 and Spring praised this

Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:47 PM

Mercury1
  • Mercury1
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Nice, I'm in Paris too but with Kids keeping things chilled haha. Enjoy!

steveluv, Spring and Carbon82 praised this
My F30 review

Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe (Gone) -> Mazda Astina (Gone) -> E46 3.18 M Sports (Gone) -> Renault Clio (Gone) -> Mini Cooper S -> BMW 3.28i M Sport

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:50 AM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Went to buy a jacket and was pleasantly surprised to be offered a bottle of champagne while waiting for the bill

1tLj3zH.jpg

Can share how much was the jacket? Normal shop will offer a sweet or 2 only haha. Really atas!

steveluv praised this

Posted 19 June 2019 - 11:38 AM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

buy jacket got male model pour champagne .... [thumbsup]

Can share how much was the jacket? Normal shop will offer a sweet or 2 only haha. Really atas!

Edited by Wt_know, 19 June 2019 - 11:39 AM.

Heartlander praised this

Posted 20 June 2019 - 06:12 AM

steveluv
  • steveluv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Share some photos and videos of Paris trains and metro

Paris Metro can be very busy and crowded take a look

v2hWuqf.jpg

XPLdDYs.jpg

KLK04qU.jpg

Today took a train to factory outlet at La Vellee Village train is RER A. Here is a video showing going and leaving

Ct3833, Dleodleo and Heartlander praised this

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:53 AM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Done with Marseille now at the Saint Charles train station waiting for train to Paris. I will post past 2-3 days photos in the train later had been busy. This is where I separate from my travelling companion, she's going to Spain and then Switzerland while I will get back to Bangkok to work.

Basic breakfast at the station
dfoJXzh.jpg

McDonalds auto kiosks, really cool.
Z6tztA8.jpg

DIbXfRa.jpg

LBN83QD.jpg

Good DOF effect, mind sharing what lens are you using ?

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:39 AM

Lotr
  • Premium member
    Lotr
    6th Gear
    Author Image

hw2riMb.jpg

1tLj3zH.jpg

Burberry jacket? Heehee
steveluv praised this

Back to Travel & Road Trips  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: france, dinner, travel, short and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users