Short trip to France

steveluv

Done with Marseille now at the Saint Charles train station waiting for train to Paris. I will post past 2-3 days photos in the train later had been busy. This is where I separate from my travelling companion, she's going to Spain and then Switzerland while I will get back to Bangkok to work.

Basic breakfast at the station

dfoJXzh.jpg

McDonalds auto kiosks, really cool.

Z6tztA8.jpg

DIbXfRa.jpg

LBN83QD.jpg

Good DOF effect, mind sharing what lens are you using ?
↡ Advertisement

Went to buy a jacket and was pleasantly surprised to be offered a bottle of champagne while waiting for the bill

hw2riMb.jpg

Spent 45 mins with staff chit chatting

1tLj3zH.jpg

Was also surprised they have a huge balcony for customers who smoke

Seems to have many surprises in Paris

Burberry jacket? Heehee
  • Praise 1

Good DOF effect, mind sharing what lens are you using ?

Unfortunately its just a Huawei Mate 20 Pro

post-235536-0-46386400-1561011289.jpg

Junction at L'Opera

In Paris on the way to the train station on Saturday

Arrived in Aix-en-Provence on Saturday

Had lunch in the center of Aix

aj8xnLh.jpg

md2YO8X.jpg

EerhgII.jpg

iHbXbPn.jpg

Dinner at a nice restaurant in Aix-en-Provence, l'opera

kmMjYpt.jpg

6QgbXYp.jpg

9l47QV6.jpg

Local Red

5HokO9W.jpg

zyIhiDN.jpg

Starters

zqNw3Of.jpg

Cheeses and salad

2p7ZJwk.jpg

Foie gras

LCH7sD6.jpg

Pan fry foie gras

DULPC9L.jpg

with lamb

2BuiznH.jpg

Steak with foie gras

RgGVWM3.jpg

• Praise 1

(edited)

Share some photos and videos of Paris trains and metro

Paris Metro can be very busy and crowded take a look

Today took a train to factory outlet at La Vellee Village train is RER A. Here is a video showing going and leaving

Just checked that La Velle Village is still the only premium outlet in Paris. Was there 5 years back for work purpose and your photos really brought back some memories. Some will say crazy why never step into the Disneyland since it is just beside it haha.

Edited by Heartlander

Just checked that La Velle Village is still the only premium outlet in Paris. Was there 5 years back for work purpose and your photos really brought back some memories. Some will say crazy why never step into the Disneyland since it is just beside it haha.

I think there are a few more but this seems to be the best when I asked locals. Yep Disneyland is just one more station. Heard its really small.

Very nice camera! cant praise you any more. 

Thank you.

(edited)
Sunday went for a day trip to Cassis near Aix-en-Provence

Small beach of Cassis

Center of Cassis

Some photos of Cassis

Nq2tDwM.jpg

kogfQpx.jpg

y5WcAOq.jpg

qzeitzd.jpg

claX8uA.jpg

MQtckU1.jpg

3TkcpyB.jpg

QhFA8Lx.jpg

Edited by steveluv

Turbocharged

Nice pics mate, you really captured Paris very well.

Have to say Paris is way much better when I was here last, I expected worse as the migrant crisis increases but to my surprise there much less gypsies and criminal types. Even the metro where I was nearly pickpocketed is much cleaner and less criminal elements.

Supercharged

We much prefer the Metro as it used to be.

Noisy, dirty, and with everyone smoking Disque Bleu.

Much better French ambience.  [cool][:)] 

Did you visit the calanques when you were in Cassis?

Any photos of Marseille.  We did enjoy our short stay there and of course the fish soup an be epic.

France is the nicest country in Europe, if you attempt to speak French and if the sun shines.

The waiters can be cold or very friendly.

The friendly ones are the friendliest anywhere [thumbsup] .  But the cold ones are absolutely freezing. [lipsrsealed] 

Hope you have more episodes to share.

• Praise 1

Nice pics mate, you really captured Paris very well.

Have to say Paris is way much better when I was here last, I expected worse as the migrant crisis increases but to my surprise there much less gypsies and criminal types. Even the metro where I was nearly pickpocketed is much cleaner and less criminal elements.

I have to agree I see less gypsies this trip but less gypsies doesn't mean less crime. 

This trip a little bad luck - Just last Sunday got picked in Marseille in a restaurant, sling bag gone with my passport and a earphone and powerbank. Luckily money and cards and phones in my pants pockets. Also when I was in Paris Metro on Wednesday an angmoh looking young man actually put his fingers in my back pocket when I realised it I looked at him he and his 2 friends got out at the next station. Yesterday again in the Metro, was crowded someone unzip my backpack half way when I realised it the 2 of them got out. Sianz.

Europe is very unsafe and I think I sill come less or not at all. 

We much prefer the Metro as it used to be.

Noisy, dirty, and with everyone smoking Disque Bleu.

Much better French ambience.  [cool][:)] 

Did you visit the calanques when you were in Cassis?

Any photos of Marseille.  We did enjoy our short stay there and of course the fish soup an be epic.

France is the nicest country in Europe, if you attempt to speak French and if the sun shines.

The waiters can be cold or very friendly.

The friendly ones are the friendliest anywhere [thumbsup] .  But the cold ones are absolutely freezing. [lipsrsealed] 

Hope you have more episodes to share.

I have to mention Paris stinks of human urine everywhere you go especially the underground and alleys.

We only had 3hrs in Cassis so just waled around and makan. at a cliff near Cassis.

Here's a video I just uploaded took it

I will post some Marseille photos and videos later.

This is a nice Chinese restaurant in Aix if you are sick of French food.

cYtXMeq.jpg

Had dinner there

znrCNWx.jpg

y6tCmti.jpg

fCmMtr3.jpg

Long beans

kNk9Kt1.jpg

Sichuan beef

iu28nE2.jpg

Beef

PBlMF6W.jpg

A good dinner overall and very nice environment

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Oh sorry to hear, did you get a replacement for your passport. Usually in Europe I'm on heightened alert haha, too many bad experiences. Keep my bag against the wall and tie my zips up etc, passports I usually keep in hotel and a photocopy of it in my wallet in case of any off encounters with cops.

I have to agree I see less gypsies this trip but less gypsies doesn't mean less crime. 

This trip a little bad luck - Just last Sunday got picked in Marseille in a restaurant, sling bag gone with my passport and a earphone and powerbank. Luckily money and cards and phones in my pants pockets. Also when I was in Paris Metro on Wednesday an angmoh looking young man actually put his fingers in my back pocket when I realised it I looked at him he and his 2 friends got out at the next station. Yesterday again in the Metro, was crowded someone unzip my backpack half way when I realised it the 2 of them got out. Sianz.

Europe is very unsafe and I think I sill come less or not at all. 

↡ Advertisement