If you can drive any car from SG to Penang, what would it be

Other than Turbo, Harrier boh lat.

How to overtake lorries?

Lorries can la just that need more time. Harrier NA same power as those proton lol
↡ Advertisement

Like the way you describe 'shake shake more', got me visualising the movement. Lol.

No matter how luxurious & powerful SUV is, the higher ride & stiffer suspension do make some difference in ride & drive comfort. IMO.

And I can drive in a more recline position in sedan/coupe compared to in a SUV.

Actually i feel less tired in an SUV after a really long distance drive due perhaps to the seating position but apple to apple, a sedan is definitely more comfortable. A sedan is usually a little more insulated and less bumpy (less body roll), especially at high speed.
  • Praise 1

Actually i feel less tired in an SUV after a really long distance drive due perhaps to the seating position but apple to apple, a sedan is definitely more comfortable. A sedan is usually a little more insulated and less bumpy (less body roll), especially at high speed.

Here all v atas, name all the expensive cars... I not in that league leh, also dunno what is best.

Many many years ago drove up with colleagues in a Mit Lancer, and later sat in another colleague's Mit Spacewagon, both times to KL/Genting. Felt the MPV was much more comfortable, with the colleague claiming it was travelling in 'Business Class'.

Coincidentally, later this week will be driving up to KL again, and will be in an xtrail.

Hope it'll be a good drive.

(edited)

a9AeQeD_700b.jpg?v=1536232781

TESLA Roadster.....I am lazy...set to AUTO-DRIVE and let the Tesla do the driving all the way to Penang....no need to stop 1/2 way to charge the car...the battery can last for 620 miles per charge.

Edited by Imac

Here all v atas, name all the expensive cars... I not in that league leh, also dunno what is best.

Many many years ago drove up with colleagues in a Mit Lancer, and later sat in another colleague's Mit Spacewagon, both times to KL/Genting. Felt the MPV was much more comfortable, with the colleague claiming it was travelling in 'Business Class'.

Coincidentally, later this week will be driving up to KL again, and will be in an xtrail.

Hope it'll be a good drive.

I used to drive a Mit Space Wagon, at 140-150km/h on NSHW, It is certainly not business class, the noise is really darn jialat.

Safe ride.

After reading feedbacks from various members, I surmise that it varies from person to person.

What is comfortable drive and speed depends on a person's preference, experience and the ability of the car too.

Had taken my entry level C Merc to Penang before, both times with and without passengers.

With passengers, had to make the mandatory stops almost very hour. Tiring and long trip but more stable when travelling at 140kph.

Made only 3 stops when driven solo but car felt light and floaty when at same speed.

• Praise 2

I used to drive a Mit Space Wagon, at 140-150km/h on NSHW, It is certainly not business class, the noise is really darn jialat.

Safe ride.

You too? My colleague only just collected the Space Wagon 1 week before the trip, and it wasn't even run in yet.

We were going to Awana for a kick-off meeting, and all the kiasi SGreans all guai guai kept to speed limit, so it prob wasn't all that deafening. In any case, i've not tried any of the expensive rides at NSHW so won't know how silent it is...

Oh, at my first job, my boss had a chauffeured Lexus (was it?) 460. It was the first Lexus in SG, and his chauffeur said driving the car in NSHQ was like a plane. I sat in the car in SG before, and really could only hear very little road noise or engine sound.  [thumbsup]

Thanks, now i need to start researching where to stop, and also where to go in KL  [laugh]

Only found a food thread on KL but no road trip thread though...  [sweatdrop]

You too? My colleague only just collected the Space Wagon 1 week before the trip, and it wasn't even run in yet.

We were going to Awana for a kick-off meeting, and all the kiasi SGreans all guai guai kept to speed limit, so it prob wasn't all that deafening. In any case, i've not tried any of the expensive rides at NSHW so won't know how silent it is...

Oh, at my first job, my boss had a chauffeured Lexus (was it?) 460. It was the first Lexus in SG, and his chauffeur said driving the car in NSHQ was like a plane. I sat in the car in SG before, and really could only hear very little road noise or engine sound. [thumbsup]

Thanks, now i need to start researching where to stop, and also where to go in KL [laugh]

Only found a food thread on KL but no road trip thread though... [sweatdrop]

Yes. Many years ago, after 2 weeks of ownership, I wanted to sell it. Wahaha... The direct injection engine really cannot really make it when you needed extra horses but it suffice as a family ride in SG.

During those years of ownership, i remember it was hard to drive at 100-110km/ on NSHW, unless you are ok to follow the trucks Everyone was speeding at crazy speed, even the buses. Anyone feel the same? The MY govt has tamed the NSHW.

KL nothing to do lah, makan, massage... I will usually go Klang for BKT, SS2 for durians, Village Park for lasi lemak, whack some char siew and roast pork, etc. Same old SGeans haunts. Used to stop over at Melaka for late morning breakfast but gave up these days with the jam at Ayer Keroh. Used to stop at Tangkak for beef noodle but it was just so so... Can forget about Yong Peng. Overrated. Just drive straight and stop for 10 mins toilet break would be my recommendation but that depends on your tolerance for long distance driving.

Yes. Many years ago, after 2 weeks of ownership, I wanted to sell it. Wahaha... The direct injection engine really cannot really make it when you needed extra horses but it suffice as a family ride in SG.

During those years of ownership, i remember it was hard to drive at 100-110km/ on NSHW, unless you are ok to follow the trucks Everyone was speeding at crazy speed, even the buses. Anyone feel the same? The MY govt has tamed the NSHW.

KL nothing to do lah, makan, massage... I will usually go Klang for BKT, SS2 for durians, Village Park for lasi lemak, whack some char siew and roast pork, etc. Same old SGeans haunts. Used to stop over at Melaka for late morning breakfast but gave up these days with the jam at Ayer Keroh. Used to stop at Tangkak for beef noodle but it was just so so... Can forget about Yong Peng. Overrated. Just drive straight and stop for 10 mins toilet break would be my recommendation but that depends on your tolerance for long distance driving.

I know that feeling. Was driving a 2.0T and then now driving a 1.5. The lack of power and overtake ability is felt instantly. Overtaking, have to think twice or thrice!!!

After reading feedbacks from various members, I surmise that it varies from person to person.

What is comfortable drive and speed depends on a person's preference, experience and the ability of the car too.

Had taken my entry level C Merc to Penang before, both times with and without passengers.

With passengers, had to make the mandatory stops almost very hour. Tiring and long trip but more stable when travelling at 140kph.

Made only 3 stops when driven solo but car felt light and floaty when at same speed.

If need extra weight can send you my MIL.

Just for the ride.

:D

Oh, at my first job, my boss had a chauffeured Lexus (was it?) 460. It was the first Lexus in SG, and his chauffeur said driving the car in NSHQ was like a plane. I sat in the car in SG before, and really could only hear very little road noise or engine sound.  [thumbsup]

Thanks, now i need to start researching where to stop, and also where to go in KL  [laugh]

Only found a food thread on KL but no road trip thread though...  [sweatdrop]

Shopping lor.

- Bukit Bintang

- Pertaling Street

Thatz all. Otherwise just eat and eat and eat.

Agreed. This is all personal preferences. Some like to reach there fast, some like to have more comfort during the drive.

No one is wrong. Nothing is wrong about driving.

Just don't mention Chery QQ can le. hahah.

Can try the kin kin ban mian in KL also!

Shopping lor.

- Bukit Bintang

- Pertaling Street

• Praise 1

Wah so bad arrh... I don't do long distance drives much leh, so guess my expectation not so high  [laugh]

Where is this SS2 for durians? Wife is a big durian fan.

Cannot tahan super long drive liao lah... think max 1.5 hr better stop for a break. Had tot of stopping at Yong Peng for breakfast on the way in. Not a good idea?

Shopping lor.

- Bukit Bintang

- Pertaling Street

wah... inside and around KL or along the way got any scenic places worth going or not? 

Is parking in KL easy and is it cheap?

Wah so bad arrh... I don't do long distance drives much leh, so guess my expectation not so high  [laugh]

Where is this SS2 for durians? Wife is a big durian fan.

Cannot tahan super long drive liao lah... think max 1.5 hr better stop for a break. Had tot of stopping at Yong Peng for breakfast on the way in. Not a good idea?

wah... inside and around KL or along the way got any scenic places worth going or not? 

Use Waze to find SS2 Durian lor.

The famous store is behind SEA park Police Station.

It should be packed every night for these few mths.

Scenic??? Petronas Twin Towers or KL Tower consider scenic?

I dont have problem with parking in Bukit Bintang, KL. I always park in the hotel I staying or KLCC. Then take monorail, free bus or taxi around. The only other part of KL I visited was Cheras for the Chilli Pan Mee. Parking is free but limited. I went at non peak hours.

↡ Advertisement