Retrenchments up in Q1 2019

RadX

In the older days, big MNC tend to be human centered, this has become history long ago and is no longer the case.

For show only lah.

Chor Hee.....

Muayhahahahahahaha

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

In the older days, big MNC tend to be human centered, this has become history long ago and is no longer the case.

I have the privilege to work for one of the best electronic companies here in Singapore some 40 years ago. Those days the MD and higher management staff are all expatriates. They bring across their system and culture here with slight twist but generally still quite the same. 

Today the same company is still around but is a pale shade of what it use to be. To survive, they cut corners and this comes with consequences.  Many of today's top guns only interested in bottom line and their own benefits. Without the base supporting them, how do they achieve their goals? 

I have the privilege to work for one of the best electronic companies here in Singapore some 40 years ago. Those days the MD and higher management staff are all expatriates. They bring across their system and culture here with slight twist but generally still quite the same. 

Today the same company is still around but is a pale shade of what it use to be. To survive, they cut corners and this comes with consequences.  Many of today's top guns only interested in bottom line and their own benefits. Without the base supporting them, how do they achieve their goals? 

• Praise 4

(edited)

Today the same company is still around but is a pale shade of what it use to be. To survive, they cut corners and this comes with consequences. Many of today's top guns only interested in bottom line and their own benefits. Without the base supporting them, how do they achieve their goals?

Today the same company is still around but is a pale shade of what it use to be. To survive, they cut corners and this comes with consequences. Many of today's top guns only interested in bottom line and their own benefits. Without the base supporting them, how do they achieve their goals?

Nowadays many things are chor hee.

Most people at the top who are meant to be fearless to do the right thing are fearful to to do the wrong thing. Most people at all other levels become more individualistic over time.

Those who help others and are truly good employees who contribute at least their worth are often overlooked becos they do not brag nor talk loud.

What does our young workforce think today?

I can see that many old school values are cast out. And i am not blaming the younger gen.

Its the fault of society as a whole.

Good luck Singapore.

Good luck Singaporeans

Unemployment may not be too bad, really.

We only have to be prepared

Edited by Throttle2

Turbocharged

Nowadays many things are chor hee.

Most people at the top who are meant to be fearless to do the right thing are fearful to to do the wrong thing. Most people at all other levels become more individualistic over time.

Those who help others and are truly good employees who contribute at least their worth are often overlooked becos they do not brag nor talk loud.

Now seem other way loh.. the top are FEARFUL losing their BIG Fat package.. 

Boss in general love people who shine their shoes kiss their ass.. often those who really work do non of these..

Boss love to hear good stuffs and ignorance on the truth..

I oso gave up opening my mouth oredi.. silent is golden.. is the best to stay neutral.

• Praise 1

Now seem other way loh.. the top are FEARFUL losing their BIG Fat package..

Boss in general love people who shine their shoes kiss their ass.. often those who really work do non of these..

Boss love to hear good stuffs and ignorance on the truth..

I oso gave up opening my mouth oredi.. silent is golden.. is the best to stay neutral.

I dont know about other people

I hate apple polishers

I prefer cooperative decisive staff who challenge constructively

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Hmmmm….does the name of the company begin with the letter 'H'...if yes I agree....and kee chiu…. [laugh]

Turbocharged

Hmmmm….does the name of the company begin with the letter 'H'...if yes I agree....and kee chiu…. [laugh]

Wow there a few big ones and you hits the bullseye with 1 shot. Walking the talk is really something missing in today's organisations. Many are just just plain Marketing even for civil service.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

End with "p" ?

Turbocharged

H.......P ?

No price my friend. Those days, HP, Texas Instruments,  IBM, just to name a few were the big boys setting standards. Today of course we have the IT but I am not sure of their working environment although I have been inside their impressive offices. Nothing beats iron rice bowl when you parachute in from nowhere. Haha

Supersonic

I'm surprised that after 120 replies, no one has asked the most important question in MCF regarding retrenchment.......

.......COE will drop or not?

I'm surprised that after 120 replies, no one has asked the most important question in MCF regarding retrenchment.......

.......COE will drop or not?

No.

market forces still propping up the COE.

Many many rich SGporean. 

↡ Advertisement