COE Bidding – 2nd Round of June 2019

Carbon82

Supercharged

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, i was thinking that its kinda slow too but thought it might be due to some paperwork for them.

He dosen't seems to give more details and when we check with the bank, our account was not created yet even though the form has been sign a week ago. Haha.. We actually sold our car to him as well and the last date to give him is on 24 June. Perhaps, only after we sent him the car then the new car will be delivered to us..

So was wondering if there is a way for us to check on status of the car etc.

Usually if you trade in your current car to them, it’s a 1 to 1 exchange. Care to PM me which AD is this?
↡ Advertisement

Less COEs returned to the system so quota will be reduce. But at the same time, ASSUMING the guy who extend his COE will not be buying a new car, then demand will also reduce. So net effect is zero.

In general, as the demand for car is partially filled by revalidating coe, hence, then demand for new car weakens.

• Praise 1

Looking at the latest COE bidding pattern over the past few days, it is likely to have a good rebound.  The car dealers are factoring in a big quota cut in the next few quarters.

Hello!

Sorry if my question is out of the topic. Bought a car from an authorized dealer and he confirmed that car is in stock.

Just wondering,

26 May: Sign car agreement

6 June: Secured COE

12 June: Sign loan form / insurance form / allocation form

18 June: Received receipts from the dealer for downpayment

Any idea on when can i check if my car has been registered or when can i get my car? AD said 2 weeks on 6 june and said 2 weeks again on 12 June. LOL.

U log in to one motoring website using ur singpass n check if the temp coe has been registered.. if yes, there shld be a car plate number assigned to u liao and ur coe start running le. If is the case, call ur agent asap to arrange for collection asap

If COE Cat B drops below my rebate level then I can get back the difference.

wah then i need ask you , how did you manage to convince yourself to sign at this price if there's a 50% chance that CAT B will drop further ah bro...isnt there a tiny red devil to tell you to wait?

Less COEs returned to the system so quota will be reduce. But at the same time, ASSUMING the guy who extend his COE will not be buying a new car, then demand will also reduce. So net effect is zero.

But there would younger first time buyers also.

(edited)

There will also be people who decide not to drive anymore.

Looking at the trend now, younger people r not buying cars so early in life, whilst existing drivers might stop driving.

Reasons range from better mrt lines, phv, smartphone to entertain you during longer rides, and urban planning such that people don’t have to go to town to get what they need when they are now available in a lot of suburban malls or like Jewel.

Oh and of cos delivery services for food, shopping etc., eliminating the need to travel even

Edited by Midorima

Maybe... Maybe the guy who renewed his COE to pass the car to his children and he will get another car.

Turbocharged

Hello!

Sorry if my question is out of the topic. Bought a car from an authorized dealer and he confirmed that car is in stock.

Just wondering,

26 May: Sign car agreement

6 June: Secured COE

12 June: Sign loan form / insurance form / allocation form

18 June: Received receipts from the dealer for downpayment

Any idea on when can i check if my car has been registered or when can i get my car? AD said 2 weeks on 6 june and said 2 weeks again on 12 June. LOL.

If your email or mobile is registered with LTA, once the car is registered, they will inform you, faster than your SE. You can check the details in One motoring. All the details about your new ride are there. Now a days everything electronics, fast, easy, simple.

After that, depend on whether they already fix up your ride with the necessary stuff or they need time to do so. Should take another week or so. Else can kpkb already.

Supercharged

I think will still drop a bit (1 to 3k), but to drop to the 31k mark (end 2018), I think a bit difficult. You cannot predict the COE, just go with your gut. Definitely somewhere in me asks me to wait, but there's another place in me tells me what if it goes up. Since buy already don't think so much. In 2016 when I buy the Elantra, somewhere in me tells me COE won't drop so much since it had been abt 50k for quite some time. Then suddenly it drops to 40k, then to 30k then to 25k.

wah then i need ask you , how did you manage to convince yourself to sign at this price if there's a 50% chance that CAT B will drop further ah bro...isnt there a tiny red devil to tell you to wait?

• Praise 1

There will also be people who decide not to drive anymore.

Looking at the trend now, younger people r not buying cars so early in life, whilst existing drivers might stop driving.

Reasons range from better mrt lines, phv, smartphone to entertain you during longer rides, and urban planning such that people don’t have to go to town to get what they need when they are now available in a lot of suburban malls or like Jewel.

Oh and of cos delivery services for food, shopping etc., eliminating the need to travel even

are you sure?

my son said he need a car to drive to nui, my wife let him take her Volvo and get a mini for herself.

car ownership is still a wish to most people, else you will not see so many coe conti car with new number plate on the road recently.

If your email or mobile is registered with LTA, once the car is registered, they will inform you, faster than your SE. You can check the details in One motoring. All the details about your new ride are there. Now a days everything electronics, fast, easy, simple.

After that, depend on whether they already fix up your ride with the necessary stuff or they need time to do so. Should take another week or so. Else can kpkb already.

Thanks!! Just got an email from LTA stating that my vehicle was registered today bt SE has yet to msg me. Maybe will drop him a text and asked about collection details. However, the letter dosent state IU no yet

• Praise 1

are you sure?

my son said he need a car to drive to nui, my wife let him take her Volvo and get a mini for herself.

car ownership is still a wish to most people, else you will not see so many coe conti car with new number plate on the road recently.

If every mothers'son drive to Uni, the campus will be flooded with cars. Haha..

I also observe that more young ppl are taking public transport to work.

(edited)

are you sure?

my son said he need a car to drive to nui, my wife let him take her Volvo and get a mini for herself.

car ownership is still a wish to most people, else you will not see so many coe conti car with new number plate on the road recently.

Your experience is anecdotal at best. Thus cannot be the true representation of the general sentiments.

Similarly my kids refused to drive because of the bad road culture, hard finding parking and of course cost incurred. They rather be in a phv with few button presses away and be at the back seat gaming on their mobile or on social media.

Coe cars would mean more seeing a car as a a-b appliance or because its much cheaper to renew coe rather than buying brand new. Savings enjoyed could be better spent elsewhere. Eg holidays

My general belief is that millennials prefer experiences rather than materials.

Edited by Zaxx

Turbocharged
(edited)

Thanks!! Just got an email from LTA stating that my vehicle was registered today bt SE has yet to msg me. Maybe will drop him a text and asked about collection details. However, the letter dosent state IU no yet

Give it a day or 2... they will update the IU. Ya time to chase the SE... but likely tell u car not ready, still need to install stuff or too many customers getting their cars this week...

But most important thing to do now is go to Singaoore Pool to 发财first... haaa.... so its SMM or still SML??

Edited by Nlatio

I must be a millennial.

I also enjoy experience more than material.

No material also no matter.

Less material better.

:D

As usual, must ask why the shrink in quota. Likewise, the same group will not be chasing for COE too. So, smaller pool of COE(s) will be competed by same? larger? or smaller group of car's buyers. This info is larger retrospective.

maybe this table will give a better indication of coming quota.

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/M05-Dereg_by_Quota.pdf

if June Dereg numbers are the same as May. then quota(Aug-Oct) for cat A will be approx 6620 and Cat B 6248.  vs cat A 8546 and CatB 6834 for the May-Jul period.

Cat A will shrink by 25% and Cat B by 10%.

↡ Advertisement