Worth it to sell 5 year old car (with high COE) and buy new

Wolverine23

Once backside itchy, nothing could stop the move to new car.

Just do it!

Ye... mine already itch and I’m looking around for new ride
  • Praise 1

I will change to a new car with lower depreciation if the existing car is 5 years old because the lower quota is going to force prices to go up when you really want to change in a few years' time.

What Audi u own? A1 , A3, A4 ?

Exactly. If it is an A1 or A3, then at least it is an upgrade to Civic. 

Financially, no one can really answer. On surface, can console yourself you save on depreciation. 

BUT BUT what if COE drop even lower 5 years after you take loss and change to Civic.

5 years later your Audi is 10 years and you are free to buy a new car with a lower COE but if already change to Civic, then become stuck and back to square one.

So many ZhuGeLiang here also cannot predict the sudden downturn in COE last 2 months, you think anyone can say for next 5 years? Or  maybe more ZhuGeLiang can? 

• Praise 6

The $75k for the used Audi is quoted by dealer or you taking selling price reference from sgcm.

If it is the latter, the actual taking in price will be even lower. Nevertheless, if topping up $20K can get you a new Civic, I think is worth considering. 

• Praise 1

So smart. How you know is R8?

So worth it to change from R8? Haha

R8 no need to ask this kind of question, Even if there is, should be whether to buy Ferrari or Lambor

R8 no need to ask this kind of question, Even if there is, should be whether to buy Ferrari or Lambor

haha... just kidding

The $75k for the used Audi is quoted by dealer or you taking selling price reference from sgcm.

If it is the latter, the actual taking in price will be even lower. Nevertheless, if topping up $20K can get you a new Civic, I think is worth considering. 

likely price shd be anything from 72 to 75 from dealer

Regardless to cost effiveiveness, I will change.

A1 to A4 or A8 or R8

Civic? I will not change.

Why not change to Civic? Can share?

• Praise 1

It's always good to sell a car with high COE then you get more money back from the car.

It's always good to buy a car with low COE then you drive a cheaper car that saves you a lot of money.

The worse is to drive a car with high COE for 10 years cos it will cost you a lot of money.

Decision making is so easy if you have a logical mind.

:D

• Praise 3

haha... just kidding

likely price shd be anything from 72 to 75 from dealer

Why not change to Civic? Can share?

cos i am a sucker for conti car  :secret-laugh:

this is strictly a personal choice. [grin]

Supercharged

High priced, 2 air bags and CVT. Wondering if their sales are really so good until people blindly buy this without comparing with similar makes in the market.

KM still bringing in those 2-airbag civics? They should seriously look at what their rivals are equipped with.

Supercharged

If objective is purely financial why buy new civic........

Buy a 1 or 2 year old civic at 70k max...... still take back moolah to Zheng.........

High priced, 2 air bags and CVT. Wondering if their sales are really so good until people blindly buy this without comparing with similar makes in the market.

Is 95k considered high priced?

(edited)

If objective is purely financial why buy new civic........

Buy a 1 or 2 year old civic at 70k max...... still take back moolah to Zheng.........

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4