Worth it to sell 5 year old car (with high COE) and buy new

Wolverine23

Turbocharged

That's low. My Oct 2016 Elantra Elite traded in at 59k at Skoda. 

Elantra S and Elite difference $6K when new. 

So the $54K for S is about the same as yours. Yours is top end Elite model.  

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Elantra S and Elite difference $6K when new. 

So the $54K for S is about the same as yours. Yours is top end Elite model.  

So the price offered by KM should be around there for S trim?

Uncle, I drive 10 year old car already feeling very down, below 500k mediocar some more. The way you put it will sink me further down to basement 18. Haha

Mediocre was ah Goh say one .    :D   I already sunk deep into abyss haha .  Everytime I took my car back to AD for service , they treat my car as bb car . 

Year of car is not important lel . Ur car can be over 10yrs but worth over $1M still   [smash]   

• Praise 7

(edited)

So the price offered by KM should be around there for S trim?

Before that i itchy go ask KMC trade in price, was quoted $53k

Then when i wanted get Civic 1.5 Turbo, went 2x to KM, 1 agent quote $52k. 

Yesterday went KM again, quoted $54k. 

So all roughly about there. 

Just a matter of now whether want to take the plunge and go in for new Civic 1.5T [confused]  [confused]  [confused]  [confused] 

Anyone same boat as me or any kind soul advice? 

Edited by dahliax85

Supercharged
(edited)

I traded in my Oct 2016 Elantra elite and switch to Skoda Karoq. Civic 1.5L turbo is not in my consideration as I think it is not well priced and I don't like CVT. You just do some calculation and see you are ok with the sums or not lor. It also depends what you need in your next car and why you are looking to change. Maybe can source some more cars that you like.

Just a matter of now whether want to take the plunge and go in for new Civic 1.5T [confused]  [confused]  [confused]  [confused] 

Edited by Daniu82

Supersonic

So different SE might quote a bit lower or higher? Kmc quote so low? Only $53K? Thought should quote higher since loyal customer mah.  [:p]

I traded in my Oct 2016 Elantra elite and switch to Skoda Karoq. Civic 1.5L turbo is not in my consideration as I think it is not well priced and I don't like CVT. You just do some calculation and see you are ok with the sums or not lor. Maybe can source some more cars that you like.

How much u had to top up for the karoq after elantra outstanding loan settled? 

Just a matter of now whether want to take the plunge and go in for new Civic 1.5T [confused][confused][confused][confused]

My kind advice - go buy if you can manage it financially. At the end of the day, its just a mode of transport. Except new car got new leather smell and perhaps a better driving experience until the next itch.

Unkind advice - just buy. Cars so expensive anyways, sell now sell later, its about lose abit more or abit less most times. Live only once or twice or 9 lives, enjoy life! Regret later.

• Praise 1

(edited)

So different SE might quote a bit lower or higher? Kmc quote so low? Only $53K? Thought should quote higher since loyal customer mah.  

actually most AD Bo Chap one...me also loyal same brand for years but also kenna carroted...those trade in overtrade lah all BS one lah :a-m1524:

best drive 10 years then Kill It ourselves [knife]

at least not so Poke Bird :a-toast:

Mediocre was ah Goh say one .       I already sunk deep into abyss haha .  Everytime I took my car back to AD for service , they treat my car as bb car . 

Year of car is not important lel . Ur car can be over 10yrs but worth over $1M still   

thats very true...last time my e46 e60 f10 all kenna treat like trash :TT_TT:

hmmm maybe f80 f90 they will give us some face hor  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Edited by Pohhenry
  • Praise 3

KM and MI are the worst when it comes to lowballing for trade in

Very true. Many years back I went MI and test drove a car, I liked it so much that I was ready to sign on the line, then the SE asked me what offer I already had for my trade-in car. When I truthfully say $X, the SE said impossible so I must be lying. It turned out very well because I then went to another AD and bought a better car.  

Supersonic

So which one better for trade in le?

hi wolverine,

I am driving a Aug15 kia K3 SX with mileage at 67k , on a 5 year free servicing package. I am also thinking whether this is the period to start looking out for my next car =X. Bought at 109k.

Intending to get a car with turbo 

hi wolverine,

I am driving a Aug15 kia K3 SX with mileage at 67k , on a 5 year free servicing package. I am also thinking whether this is the period to start looking out for my next car =X. Bought at 109k.

Intending to get a car with turbo 

Whats your trade in value now? 

Km or kmc. Km gave me the highest trade in value when I got my Honda.
  • Praise 1

Km or kmc. Km gave me the highest trade in value when I got my Honda.

Kah Motor.

I'm speaking based on the experience I got when shopping with my colleague last year for an Odyssey and earlier this year with my FIL for the Civic.

The trade in price given was similar to MI and lower than BM.

Personally before I got my current car I was considering the FXT and Q50. Again, MI gave the lowest and BM the highest.

• Praise 3

(edited)

Kah Motor.

I'm speaking based on the experience I got when shopping with my colleague last year for an Odyssey and earlier this year with my FIL for the Civic.

The trade in price given was similar to MI and lower than BM.

Personally before I got my current car I was considering the FXT and Q50. Again, MI gave the lowest and BM the highest.

I suppose the difference between BM and KM is not significant though BM might offer higher ? I could be wrong because I have not touch new car for more than a decade. Those could offer high trade in are Mercedes and BMW because of their higher margin, but even one will to drive a fairly new Merce or BM in for trade in, my guess is the person will be bleeding badly. But if one will to trade in a near scrap B&B car, I am sure merce and BM would offer better trade in price than most of the Japanese ADs, excluding Lexus. Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement