Shift to new satellite base ERP system in 2020

Staff69

Ya man. Also the position.

Must align with fengshui and flexibility to shift position based on daily horrorscope, i mean horsesoup, alamak, horoscope. ðð

Safe ride

Cheers

I want to position it in the boot of my car, inside a specially made metal box.

You can carry on with positioning it based on horoscope.

:D

My own fearful prediction:

This new system isn't meant to be revenue neutral. It's design to hurt where it counts... because if the cost of driving remains the same, all of us will simply continue as we have before.

But if they really wanted a simply cost effective means without spending millions on satellites, just charge $10 a litre for petrol. That's a surrogate means to control driving. And no radiation from satellites..

They can't. Then the oil companies will kpkb. They need to find the balance to get the most drivers driving and yet pay the most.

They can't aim too high for revenue and end up less people driving.

It's a balance.

↡ Advertisement

I sure as hell won't be spending money on something that is completely useless except for sucking my money...

I’m sure some smart enterprising chap will make silicon after market covers...

I don't mind if it's so big... As long as they incorporate navigation software inside also.... Many-in-one device!

and with a feature that allows all spouses to download where the car has gone and how long it was park there for

Turbocharged

So I'm wondering how does this satellite base ERP works ?

You start your car, you move around, your new IU reports on you based on where you go, dropping breadcrumbs like a gps tracker.

Then LTA bills you based on the breadcrumbs you left behind or it automatically deduct from your build-in cashcard.

So how about this:

You start your car, you disconnect power to the IU,

You move around, do all your stuffs, come back to the same location and reconnect power to IU.

IU has detected you have not moved at all. No charge. [:p]

Dont say, sekali they put an tamperproof seal like those OPC plates... gold color somemore...
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

and with a feature that allows all spouses to download where the car has gone and how long it was park there for ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£

Lucky my wife is not so clever... And she does not drive also.

Actually only I monitor her movements... She can't monitor mine

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

things to really foresee with this new erp implementation.

the so called charge by distance will affect many not just  you or me but everyone. 

1) more inflation coming as prices will go up. transportation cost increase is a very good example. all these cost will be pass on to consumers

2) there maybe glitch and overcharging by this ERP system.

3) expect to be charge when youstart engine and move on from home carpark. This one "they" have finally made their dream come true.

4) road tax and COE is "their" big source of income too. and will not be phase out.

5) the so call free of charge "they" dare to give, cause eventually this cost will be fully recovered back

6) speeding summons made easier for "them" to fine us. because it can be track via GPS. which means whatever we do have to be careful and also privacy of where we go is probably compromised.

All these only benefit "them". have they spare a tot for us? 

Everything they say and implement., have they hear from us first?

All they know is to squeeze and squeeze from our pockets.

SG is getting tougher and tougher to live in for next decade. Our next generation will be even worst.

Every single inflation but salary stagnant, how to keep up?

All your points make valid sense..

But all i can say is .

gneuh.jpg

WELCOME TO SINGAPORE

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Imagine if it rains heavily at an earmarked congested road... Surge ERP baby. [laugh]

I mentioned accident, tail back few km.. end up everybody paying for someone's mistake...

• Praise 1

I don't mind if it's so big... As long as they incorporate navigation software inside also.... Many-in-one device!

Yes ....

With Waze, Goggle Map, WhatApp, Yahoo, Wechat, Weather, Radio, DVR, Almanac (to see today good for driving), ToTo & 4-D results, .... etc ..  :yeah-im-not-drunk:  

• Praise 2

(edited)

Drive out of Singapore will get charged?

They says charge by km which is vehicle on the move.....  [lipsrsealed]  

Maybe until the middle of causeway or Tuas link ... :we-all-gonna-die:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

I mentioned accident, tail back few km.. end up everybody paying for someone's mistake...

Won't matter right? Since based on km travelled and not on time spent stuck in traffic?

I had seen this coming way before getting my licence 20years ago... That's why when I look for job, I find near my house and ulu a bit

(edited)

and with a feature that allows all spouses to download where the car has gone and how long it was park there for ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£

If you got BMW Connected, you already have this feature. At least real time monitoring. Not historical, to the best of my knowledge.

Edited by Turboflat4

Turbocharged

Won't matter right? Since based on km travelled and not on time spent stuck in traffic?

I had seen this coming way before getting my licence 20years ago... That's why when I look for job, I find near my house and ulu a bit

Then it is also easy for the authorities to check and catch if you have enough fuel in your tank before crossing the causeway. Its all recorded, just need to run a simple algorithm upon number plate detection and a simple calculation will do. 

If you got BMW Connected, you already have this feature. At least real time monitoring. Not historical, to the best of my knowledge.

you been warned  :XD:

post-131345-0-23165100-1560927066.gif

↡ Advertisement