Ho Ching seriously considering nuclear plant in SG

Lethalstrike

Thanks for the fact check. I should have checked before i posted.

Must have had some impression that i got mixed up with the situation in Scandinavia.

But the scandinavia countries can share power. But seems like Norway mostly does hydro, so the power generation is inconsistent. Then they do code-sharing on electricity lol.

http://www.world-nuclear.org/information-library/country-profiles/countries-o-s/sweden.aspx

I stand corrected.

Lol isn't this an ideal setup for terrorist take over  [laugh]

call this fella lor

Ethan-Hunt-Costume-470x692.jpg

↡ Advertisement

I think maybe trick is put plant on big ship

If got problem, ship sail away

Ship sail where is problem though

Maybe go Bermuda Triangle :grin:

Helicarrier better...own self power own self ...can use as mobile airbase some more

post-163127-0-46227300-1561080052_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 1

Helicarrier better...own self power own self ...can use as mobile airbase some more

confirm u wun see ur retirement anymore hahahaha...CPF gone up in air...literally :XD:  :XD:  :XD:

One hope one day we can discover a safe and efficient way to store energy in a very small space

Then we can put our energy plants on mars and ship back the argent energy :grin:

• Praise 2

(edited)

Wind30 : "I think most people here are missing the point if they are talking about "Self-sufficiency" as in when people refuse to sell you because of disputes etc.Has anyone googled when oil/gas will run out? In around 50 years...When will coal run out? In around 100 years... That is probably within your unborn grandchildren's lifetime.It that case, getting an alternative supply of energy is something we HAVE to do. Furthermore, the energy crisis will hit before everything runs out so I expect the pressure to go alternative will come earlier."

Yes. I missed this vital and basic nugget of info.Thanks for highlighting this. It is critical to find an alternative source of energy not just for us but the world too. Safe rideCheers

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 2

I think maybe trick is put plant on big ship

If got problem, ship sail away

Ship sail where is problem though

Maybe go Bermuda Triangle :grin:

Question is how big must the ship be to be a viable option.

Have heard that Soviet typhoon class nuke sub were used to provide temp power for city b4.. details not sure.

But if it's viable, they would have done it long ago as a permanent floating solution with the obvious advantages.

Also you will need berthing spot and all the power cables and sub stations etc too.

Only tekong, ubin and jurong island big enough if we talk something not in main island.

• Praise 2

confirm u wun see ur retirement anymore hahahaha...CPF gone up in air...literally :XD::XD::XD:

Oredi given up on that “savings”...have better chance of cashing out some at SP with 1:10000 odds...reduce to 1:500 when buy 20 sets

For those who dont know anything about our local food circumferences, but pretend to know base on dinosaur knowledge, FYI things has changed. 

Together with 2 partners, we recently set up a test bed for aquaponics farming, and have spoken to AVA with great details, we will test bed for 1 year before we decide if will go in with full investment. We are properly one of  the very few entity here to be given 2 farming licence as one because there is no licence for aquaponics currently. 

As  far as food is concern, its  all  about technology now. 

That is about so much I want to share.   [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Wow exciting.. Hope you succeed..Last year, I saw a lot of Youtubes on this..I have a friend doing HydroPonic in UBI 1 factory. Let me know if you want to link with him.

Btw, for Aquaponics, are you using fish like Tilapia?

• Praise 1

statistically, every heli-carrier seen will crash...

Nuclear meltdown .......  [sly]

Instead of instant death, will Singaporean turns to mutants ? We gonna have 'Elastic Man', 'Fireman', 'Hulk', 'Wolverline', ..... etc.   

When the first alarm sounded for meltdown, I wouldn't want to stand beside any turtles ..... [sweatdrop]

I don't want to turn to be "Mutant Ninja Turtle" ...    :ninja:

• Praise 2

Unker nothing will happen to U; U is not Teenage  Mutant Ninja Turtle lah    [laugh]

Nuclear meltdown .......  [sly]

Instead of instant death, will Singaporean turns to mutants ? We gonna have 'Elastic Man', 'Fireman', 'Hulk', 'Wolverline', ..... etc.   

When the first alarm sounded for meltdown, I wouldn't want to stand beside any turtles ..... [sweatdrop]

I don't want to turn to be "Mutant Ninja Turtle" ...    :ninja:

• Praise 1

(edited)

Why suggest something which going to make our neighbours :pissed-off:

SG just had waves stirred with Viet & Cambodia histories and it's had been quiet down for sometimes leow and now stirring up with this nuclear thingy ...   :slow:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

Wow exciting.. Hope you succeed..Last year, I saw a lot of Youtubes on this..I have a friend doing HydroPonic in UBI 1 factory. Let me know if you want to link with him.

Btw, for Aquaponics, are you using fish like Tilapia?

Thanks bro.  [thumbsup]

We shall see, currently there are not many big scale commercial aquaponics farming in the world, and none in SG. There are some smaller farms in SG, but many are still in the try and error stage. In such kind of farming, to be profitable, size does matter. 

Hydroponics is a lot easier because you can control the nutrients, and it remove the management of the eco system, cheaper to operate too, but we prefer to work on the eco system after doing our own studies. 

The problem with those youtube videos is, many are actually copied systems, and most of them doesnt work. We have been working on them for 2 years starting with the smallest we can manage at home, and have like work on almost every system you can find on youtube in different sizes. When the system fail, no youtube videos can tell you why and how to get ard it, and it can get costly on a system failure. 

The other issue is, many of those systems work for angmoh, but they dont work for asians. To the angmohs, tilapia is about the most hardy fish, and a very good table fish, but to us asians, the fish is quite worthless and we have many better choices here. So nope, we are not using tilapia. 

However, the videos do give a basic understanding of how the eco system works, enough for a home system or as a hobby, not in commercial scales. 

All I can say is, the eco system is a very interesting thing, 2 years on and we are still trying to balance it.  :wacko:  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement