COE Bidding - 1st Round July 2019

Wolverine23

Aiyo,  you better know how to check all these lor.

For example, my C&C 6 Bids NG means 6 Consecutive Bids, if miss 1 bid, I can demand for compensation.  If they bidded BUT below minimum rebate value, also need to compensate one.

Read your fine print carefully.

AD still need to worry? I thought sure get

↡ Advertisement

Secured COE for my Fit too! Last week Friday go put deposit, today got COE aldy, hoseh ah. Hopefully by this mth end can take car liao.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Between $1K to $2K

Still increase price? Think their car price already 'markup' a lot liao?

Turbocharged
(edited)

Still increase price? Think their car price already 'markup' a lot liao?

It's common practise - Distributors increase prices to subsidise those who booked during lower COE times - eg. $26,999 to average out.

Edited by Vinceng

It's common practise - Distributors increase prices to subsidise those who booked during lower COE times - eg. $26,999 to average out.

Yeah, need to lure in more buyers to support COEs prices otherwise will crash

It's opposite. Coe go south automatically got buyer. Rule of thumb AD likes low coe. Nobody like high coe cos is paid to ah Gong!!

Is it?!???? LOLLLLLO

True that low COE is good for buyers and sellers, cos sellers can mark up more.

But my point is that,sellers will not want a sudden crash in COE cos they would have to give rebates. So in the face of weak demands, they have to cut price or hold promotions to bring in buyers to support the COE. Something like engineering a soft landing

On the other hand, higher COE also means higher loan quantum,not sure if high loan benefits AD or salesperson or both.

Oh ....... for sport laaa,  got time to play.  Bid below pay 1K only per bid.

If I catch you, you are mine .......

AD still need to worry? I thought sure get

Twincharged

You are wrong, ADs like low coe,of cos they want coe to go down more. Only the govt likes high coe, AD and car buyers never like high coe.

Engineer soft landing for wat?!?! They want to engineer more sales! To have more sales means price must be cheaper, price cheaper means more buyer. How to price cheaper??? Coe must cheaper.

So wat if they need to give some rebates for 1 coe bidding? But can generates enough sales for 2 to 3 coe bidding ??

This is Business! In short lose $2 and can possibly make $200. Think long term and think bigger picture. No just about 1 bidding coe rebate anyway rebate is set by the selfs, if lower is only right to rebate. Bueiness they need high volume sales to turn

U can sign for cheap car price but at $0 coe rebate level 20 NG coe bids equates to cannot get coe cannot get car is no use.

Coe should stabilize at current levels at +/- $2 to $3k fluctuations pending new models launches

In summary, Singaporeans not much buying power already.

from sales and marketing 101, yes thats true.

But you end up chasing a small / same pool of buyers. And there can only be so many COE to gp around in each bid.

So you end up with zero sum game.

Getting buyers to buy product B instead of Product A.

Supersonic

So did u or did u not get the COE? 

That's the price that COE closed at yesterday.... Why still need to ask?

C&C mit damn weird..

in May their margin for outlander was ard 19+k when COE is at 48k

Signed outlander at 101k last week and from the COE closing of 34k, the margin is at 22+k..

(basic cost excluding COE: 44660 - https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/dam/onemotoring/Buying/Car_Cost_Update/Car_Cost_Update.pdf )

somehow they do not want to get the COE for me :( bidded at 32k..

• Praise 1

(edited)

C&C mit damn weird..

Signed outlander at 101k last week and from the COE closing of 34k, the margin is at 22+k..

(basic cost excluding COE: 44660 - https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/dam/onemotoring/Buying/Car_Cost_Update/Car_Cost_Update.pdf )

Mayb got ppl buys higher price than u so clear them first.

Edited by Mockngbrd

Mayb got ppl buys higher price than u so clear them first.

Ahh.. kns 22k margin not enough meh..

Bought mazda 3 in 2016 margin only around 11k

Mazda 3 deluxe at 103k

Omv 19k cevs 5k coe 51k

Turbocharged

C&C mit damn weird..

(basic cost excluding COE: 44660 - https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/dam/onemotoring/Buying/Car_Cost_Update/Car_Cost_Update.pdf )

Maybe the car is not in Singapore yet and their priority is to close the earlier orders.

(edited)

Maybe the car is not in Singapore yet and their priority is to close the earlier orders.

Allocated the car to me already on the day of booking.. got ready stock in warehouse Edited by emo3lmo
↡ Advertisement