COE Bidding - 1st Round July 2019

Wolverine23

Turbocharged

Allocated the car to me already on the day of booking.. got ready stock in warehouse

Then most likely they need to clear the backlog of those who purchased at higher price.

But if you had traded in your existing car, it's to your advantage to drag on the collection of your new car.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Then most likely they need to clear the backlog of those who purchased at higher price.

But if you had traded in your existing car, it's to your advantage to drag on the collection of your new car.

Ahh yep yep

told them to deliver after my birthday so the insurance premium will be lowered by 300  :a-m1212:

C&C mit damn weird..

in May their margin for outlander was ard 19+k when COE is at 48k

Signed outlander at 101k last week and from the COE closing of 34k, the margin is at 22+k..

(basic cost excluding COE: 44660 - https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/dam/onemotoring/Buying/Car_Cost_Update/Car_Cost_Update.pdf )

somehow they do not want to get the COE for me :( bidded at 32k..

Low COE is the time for sellers to increase margin. Same with VW passat, coe drop 1.9k, selling price drop by 1.5k

Just checked and bid was successful. Bought a Volkswagen Golf last weekend with Guarantee COE :)

VW got me COE in their first bid with my previous 2 rides.

They nv push passat CL to you ? [:p]

I also want to trade in my existing car. But AD say the value will decrease by $500 every month. So if I get later, will it still be an advantage for me?

You are wrong, ADs like low coe,of cos they want coe to go down more. Only the govt likes high coe, AD and car buyers never like high coe.

Engineer soft landing for wat?!?! They want to engineer more sales! To have more sales means price must be cheaper, price cheaper means more buyer. How to price cheaper??? Coe must cheaper.

So wat if they need to give some rebates for 1 coe bidding? But can generates enough sales for 2 to 3 coe bidding ??

This is Business! In short lose $2 and can possibly make $200. Think long term and think bigger picture. No just about 1 bidding coe rebate anyway rebate is set by the selfs, if lower is only right to rebate. Bueiness they need high volume sales to turn

U can sign for cheap car price but at $0 coe rebate level 20 NG coe bids equates to cannot get coe cannot get car is no use.

Coe should stabilize at current levels at +/- $2 to $3k fluctuations pending new models launches

In summary, Singaporeans not much buying power already.

I feel that ADs would not want COE to crash suddenly as they will have to give rebates. They would rather it drop slowly, i.e. soft landing.

But if COE crash suddenly, I also won't mind.

Supersonic

I feel that ADs would not want COE to crash suddenly as they will have to give rebates. They would rather it drop slowly, i.e. soft landing.

But if COE crash suddenly, I also won't mind.

High chance coe would not crash de. The most the coe will drop 2-3k then increase back around the same amount plus minus.

High chance coe would not crash de. The most the coe will drop 2-3k then increase back around the same amount plus minus.

Agree, unlikely to crash. But will be glad if proven wrong

Supersonic

Agree, unlikely to crash. But will be glad if proven wrong

Even crash also one time thing and next few coe will go up again. Lol.

C&C mit damn weird..

in May their margin for outlander was ard 19+k when COE is at 48k

Signed outlander at 101k last week and from the COE closing of 34k, the margin is at 22+k..

(basic cost excluding COE: 44660 - https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/dam/onemotoring/Buying/Car_Cost_Update/Car_Cost_Update.pdf )

somehow they do not want to get the COE for me :( bidded at 32k..

Wah.. y such a good amt @ $101k?

I pass by last fri see look e price still $106k wor..

• Praise 1

Wah.. y such a good amt @ $101k?

I pass by last fri see look e price still $106k wor..

Ahh with trade in etc ma.. and non guranteed coe gimmick

To be frank at 101k i still find it high at current coe level

Their margin is 22k+

Supersonic

Their margin is 22k+

Not only C&C cars, most ADs current car price all are high based on current coe level.

Their margin is 22k+

Tout e standard trade in discount and loan discount aredy factor in tats why is 106k. How much did they take in ur car?

Not only C&C cars, most ADs current car price all are high based on current coe level.

Then it should be golden chance for less popular brand's AD to sell at right price and increase their sales 

... but but in unique Singapore, people will still buy on the basis of brand, hearsay over value for Money.  

And that's why these popular brands AD get advantage and sell at high price no matter COE is up or down 

Current coe level is quite good to buy a new car provided you are happy with the price. You never know when it will bounce back up again.

• Praise 3

Their margin is 22k+

lol if you keep looking at their margin (and i dont think their margin is 22k leh..)..you'll never buy a car again...to be honest near 100k for a CAT B is my ideal price...

but the car i'm aiming doesnt seem to budge.....argh..

• Praise 1

Supersonic

lol if you keep looking at their margin (and i dont think their margin is 22k leh..)..you'll never buy a car again...to be honest near 100k for a CAT B is my ideal price...

but the car i'm aiming doesnt seem to budge.....argh..

100k for Cat B car now hard to find? Even some Cat A car is selling near 100k or more.

↡ Advertisement