World's longest water slide to open in Penang in August

Ysc3

Twincharged

Measuring 1,140m long, the waterslide is already 80 per cent complete, and is expected to be ready by next month.

The theme park’s chief executive officer Sim Choo Kheng, said: “It is expected to be the longest in the world, longer than the water slide in New Jersey, USA, which is 602m long.

“It can go into the Guinness Book of Records.

“It is a challenge to build due to topographical factors and lack of machinery.

“It is expected to open to the public in early August after a security check is carried out,” he said, after a site visit with chairman of Penang Development, Heritage, Culture and Arts Committee chairman Yeoh Soon Hin on Sunday (June 23).

Visitors will slide down from the hilltop and cross Jalan Teluk Bahang to the suspension bridge and end up at the water theme park.

The hilltop is also the start of other rides such as luge (sleds down the hill), zip coasters and sliding tubes.

The theme park already has a 300m long water slide that was launched last year.

Mr Sim said a 400m long cable car ride with 30 seats would also be completed at the same time as the water slide.

“The cable car connects between the foothills and the water slide.

“It is unique as it goes through the jungle,” he added.

The theme park is listed in the international holiday assessor site, TripAdvisor.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Twincharged
(edited)

Safe or not? With bolehland construction and maitenance record.

only one way to find out.

but i won't be going .... just found the theme park interesting. not a water person.

btw, will one really slide for 1+km ?? backside won't burn (i mean even with water) ??

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 2

only one way to find out.

but i won't be going .... just found the theme park interesting. not a water person.

btw, will one really slide for 1+km ?? backside won't burn (i mean even with water) ??

I think will be float compulsory liao lor, must sit on the donut float... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

The more important question is can the heart take it for that 1km?  [:p]

(edited)

1km?? fall asleep half way and drown how? 

You will also go down in record for being the first person to fall asleep and drown on the world's longest slide.

Jokes aside. Confirm a lot of ppl will give up after the first try. Imagine gotto walk up like a kilometer(maybe less with the spiralling here and there) to get back to the start point. Oh ok got cable car to get back up. Queue for the slide then queue for cable car to get back. LoL...

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

You will also go down in record for being the first person to fall asleep and drown on the world's longest slide.

Jokes aside. Confirm a lot of ppl will give up after the first try. Imagine gotto walk up like a kilometer(maybe less with the spiralling here and there) to get back to the start point. Oh ok got cable car to get back up. Queue for the slide then queue for cable car to get back. LoL...

Just heard it will take about 4+ mins to slide down all the way.

Supersonic

1km long slide and take 4 mins+ to reach the end point? Is this slide open design or closed design? Imagine if closed design, if the person got stuck half-way down inside, how? And people behind all continue sliding down!  [:/]  [laugh]

• Praise 4

I think they have to implement minimum & maximum weight & sizes to ensure smooth rides. Too light,may loose momentum or fly off the slide. Too large size, may get stuck.

• Praise 3

1km long slide and take 4 mins+ to reach the end point? Is this slide open design or closed design? Imagine if closed design, if the person got stuck half-way down inside, how? And people behind all continue sliding down! [:/][laugh]

Chain collision lol
  • Praise 1

1km long slide and take 4 mins+ to reach the end point? Is this slide open design or closed design? Imagine if closed design, if the person got stuck half-way down inside, how? And people behind all continue sliding down!  [:/]  [laugh]

you trying to say, too long and last too long is also not very idea ah???? [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Typically the life guards controlling the slide will only release the next person when the one in the slide safely reached the end of the slide. For this super duper long slide, i wonder how the control will be... can't be waiting for almost 5 mins to release the next person & the queue will surely piled up.. but if releasing half way & indeed got people stuck somewhere along the slide will leads to potential collision  [sweatdrop]

This place is before the uphill to the reservoir and various durian plantations. Passed by on my way to the durian farms last year.

• Praise 1