• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic | 4 praises

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:45 AM

GTO-1
  • GTO-1
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone used Bluedriver OBD2 Scanner before?

https://www.bluedriver.com/

Most OBD2 scanner comparison reviews (surprisingly there is a lot of them on the internet) recommend Bluedriver as the most comprehensive consumer-level scanner tool.

I'm a data geek, so really keen to see other metrics the car has over the standard metrics.  I'm waiting on receiving mine (ordered from Amazon).  Really hoping it works (cost S$150 with shipping) on my Honda, since the website says that Honda in North America is supported but no guarantees globally.

Noticed there were other scanners on Carousell like Lufi.  I liked the idea of using an old phone as a display unit, since I can then also use the phone as a GPS tracker for my car (Google Maps + TPG simcard + Old Galaxy S8 = Free GPS tracker).

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 27 June 2019 - 02:29 PM

Naimed
  • Premium member
    Naimed
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone used Bluedriver OBD2 Scanner before?

https://www.bluedriver.com/

Most OBD2 scanner comparison reviews (surprisingly there is a lot of them on the internet) recommend Bluedriver as the most comprehensive consumer-level scanner tool.

I'm a data geek, so really keen to see other metrics the car has over the standard metrics.  I'm waiting on receiving mine (ordered from Amazon).  Really hoping it works (cost S$150 with shipping) on my Honda, since the website says that Honda in North America is supported but no guarantees globally.

Noticed there were other scanners on Carousell like Lufi.  I liked the idea of using an old phone as a display unit, since I can then also use the phone as a GPS tracker for my car (Google Maps + TPG simcard + Old Galaxy S8 = Free GPS tracker).

Seems like a normal OBD2 BT reader with a packaged software and marked up gross margins. Could be done with Taobao unit + Torque Pro at lower cost. 

With error codes, can always google for fixes that is specific to your vehicle model. 

Smog Test and Freeze Frame - kind of redundant to me.

Used the Taobao unit on modern Toyota, Mazda, Honda and Mercedes cars with no issues.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:06 PM

GTO-1
  • GTO-1
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Seems like a normal OBD2 BT reader with a packaged software and marked up gross margins. Could be done with Taobao unit + Torque Pro at lower cost. 

With error codes, can always google for fixes that is specific to your vehicle model. 

Smog Test and Freeze Frame - kind of redundant to me.

Used the Taobao unit on modern Toyota, Mazda, Honda and Mercedes cars with no issues.

I had a look at the Taobao units and mostly read online that it's hit/miss with those units.  Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

They are all based on the ELM327 chipset, which itself is fine, but official manufacturer of ELM sells the proper chipsets for USD15, so the 'fake' ones are the ones less than USD15.

The Bluedriver module is actually proprietary, so you can't actually use apps like Torque Pro etc with Bluedriver.  But it's refresh rates, car support etc is among the best for consumer OBD2 scanners.

From what I can read, it's like the BMW of Bluetooth OBD2 scanners.

Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:26 PM

Fyironman
  • Fyironman
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

i was looking at this bluedriver OBD2 adaptor too, hope it is working here. 

Posted 06 July 2019 - 04:59 PM

GTO-1
  • GTO-1
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Received my bluedriver and it works pretty well. It can read a wide range of engine metrics. I'm monitoring live data turbo boost pressure, oil temperature, battery voltage and torque delivery.

Couple of caveats:

1) with a Samsung Android it doesn't autoconnect to the phone after the car has started. You need to manually connect each time. Might be different with other phones.

2) because its a "US" device, you need to input a fake VIN of a US equivalent car to access the enhanced sensors.

3) it can run a battery of tests to check the car status, to validate health against the ECU. Makes you feel good when it returns that no problems were detected.

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: honda, hondabluedriver, obd2 and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users